Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

J_Fred

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had time where I had negative progress from 30m from goal after a minute has passed.

I've always seen people complain about roots and stuns but I never understood why until that match. Lucky for me the team we were fighting didn't do so well in the dps department. :D

Even now I still think the system is ok and that could most likely be because I am so used to it. However I can also see where some people might get frustrated.

Pass the damn ball.

Im kiddiing, who cares its not like you came close to dying you didnt fall below 50% hps.....despite them knocking you down 3 times and focusing you for an entire minute.....

Pass the damn ball.

Im kiddiing, who cares its not like you came close to dying you didnt fall below 50% hps.....despite them knocking you down 3 times and focusing you for an entire minute.....

My HP wasnt the point :p I could have passed it if someone would have gone across the line for me but no one thought to do so.

If you're getting massively CCed there's obviously a ton of people around you and passing is just downright dangerous in that environment, especially if you're not in actual danger of dying. Note that if they KB/pull whoever you're passing to, that's usually a guaranteed turnover or interception.

It's a pretty rare occurence to actually be moving backwards with the ball. Usually they would have to have 2 guys who can grapple to pull it off. It's no big deal, just very annoying when you realize despite attempting to move forward you ended up further from the goal after a minute of attempted progress.

This footage is from a match this past week. When i get less than 30 meters away from the goal line I get the stunfest of my life. Over a minute of roots and stuns until I can finally score. :rolleyes:

Stunball | The Roots Strike Back

I have to commend you J_Fred, through all of that you managed to score. This video could be a training vid for tanks of all calibre. Simply an outstanding job on your part on those who were supporting you. I'm sure the Pubs were raging about you being unkillable and possibly haxz! LOL. Great job and video thanks for sharing.

I have to commend you J_Fred, through all of that you managed to score. This video could be a training vid for tanks of all calibre. Simply an outstanding job on your part on those who were supporting you. I'm sure the Pubs were raging about you being unkillable and possibly haxz! LOL. Great job and video thanks for sharing.

Thnks, tho most of the credit would have to go to Andreus for his awesome heals. I'm sure they were calling hax for the second time they pushed me, somehow I teleported right back onto the line :confused:

Thnks, tho most of the credit would have to go to Andreus for his awesome heals. I'm sure they were calling hax for the second time they pushed me, somehow I teleported right back onto the line :confused:

I saw that and wondered why that happened. Then I watched the video again and saw the reason. Your resolve bar was full when the Guardian tried force pushing you. The game allowed for the animation to happen; however, the mechanics and resolve system put you back in the place because you were immune to the push. I'm sure that had the Pubs screaming and slamming their keyboard, especially that Guardian who pushed you! LOL

I remember losing LOS on you after you finally managed to leap up at the end, and then thinking ohnoez because I wasn't in a position where I could reach you again...fortunately my earlier overheals, along with those of the healer in our pugs, meant you had enough of a buffer to wait out your stuns and enjoy the fruit of whitebar while I went to reposition myself. :) Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I saw that and wondered why that happened. Then I watched the video again and saw the reason. Your resolve bar was full when the Guardian tried force pushing you. The game allowed for the animation to happen; however, the mechanics and resolve system put you back in the place because you were immune to the push. I'm sure that had the Pubs screaming and slamming their keyboard, especially that Guardian who pushed you! LOL

Yea i was trying to find out how myself. I noticed I had no cooldown on intercede or force charge..then I thought maybe Andreus pulled me but he wasn't even on the line. This is the first time I've heard about what your saying tho. It could also be something bugged with force push. The other day I dueled a guardian and we both used force push and it didn't work, we got the cooldown however, but no movement or resolve added. Here is the first time it happened clicky the second time was later on in that same duel but it was the guardian who pushed and got no effect.

Would it be so bad to fill the resolve bar faster, make the stuns shorter, or add a five second immunity between them?

I have suggested that stuns account for the time you are stunned on your resolve bar, that is a 3 second stun adds 3 seconds to the resolve, hit with an 8 second stun now you have 11 seconds on your resolve bar. Once you hit 1 min of stunned time you get full resolve. The next stun activates the resolve bar giving 15 seconds of immunity to all cc effects. It doesn't matter if you are hit with a minutes worth in 1 second or over a 15 minute match the stuns that you are hit with equal the time added to your resolve.

From what I saw in the vid his resolve bar filled twice and he was still tossed. Obviously there were some lag as noted from the rubberbanding done on the platform but still that is insanity 1 that you can live for 1:03 while being attacked and manipulated in the way you were and 2 that you did finally get the score after all of it.

This is indeed a good visual as to what can happen in Stun Wars!

I think if they made the resolve bar drain a little slower when maxed it would be better, at least while in combat. I've also seen people argue that roots need to add to resolve, and even after going thru what I did in the vid I don't think I would want to see that happen personally.

Doens't pass ball

Clicks

what the **** man?

IKR? i bet keybinds would have saved me from all those roots :rolleyes:

Edited by J_Fred

Doens't pass ball

Clicks

what the **** man?

Passing it to who? A guy who's gonna get eaten alive if he manages to receive it? Did you see how many jumped to Myrm throughout that video? And the one knight who was destroying the only person who was on the line?

As for clicking, are you really the type to tell a left handed person they should be right handed? Elitists these days. Let me stoop to your level: I'm sure you and your keybinds couldn't survive an encounter with him and his "clicks". :rolleyes:

Edited by PoliteAssasin

If he passed it would have been an intercept, and he wasn't in danger of dying. He did exactly what he should have.

Yea there was a good chance it would have been intercepted, but my biggest concern was that even if I did get the pass off I doubt Mallo would have survived to cross the line. He would have been jumped by half a dozen knights :eek:

Passing is way overrated in Huttball. I see a lot of people pass when they're not in any danger of dying and just turn the ball over. If your healers are good, you usually aren't in any immediate danger of dying, but the person you pass the ball to generally is, not to mention there are all kinds of clever ways to intercept the ball. Huttball really is like football. If they can't stop you running the ball you just keep on running. You only pass the ball when you know they can stop your running game (by killing you).

This footage is from a match this past week. When i get less than 30 meters away from the goal line I get the stunfest of my life. Over a minute of roots and stuns until I can finally score. :rolleyes:

Stunball | The Roots Strike Back

Pass the ball to the open receiver. You had two chance within the first 30 seconds. Marauder/Warrior at the 11 second mark, and the same guy is open again at the 27/28 second mark.

Not to mention failing at intercede.

and where is the rest of your fail team? Clearly not clearing out all those guys holding you in place throughout the video. probably off on the side 3 on 1ing some guy who's laughing his butt off at being able to keep three simpletons busy away from the ball.

Seriously, outside of the healer, the rest of your team should be embarrassed at that pathetic display of teamwork. You literally forced your way through their entire team the last 15 second of the clip.

Nothing wrong with the game, only things wrong with your own inability to hit the pass button to the open receiver mid way through the video, and the rest of your team's inability to clear space for you with CC.

Don't blame the game because you can't complete a pass 20 meters away, or conversely, the rest of your non-healing support team sucks at huttball.

Edited by islander

Pass the ball to the open receiver, dimwit. You had two chance within the first 30 seconds. The second you failed at your intercede or whatever. Again, user error.

and where is the rest of your fail team? Clearly not clearing out all those guys holding you in place.

Nothing wrong with the game, only things wrong with your own inability to hit the pass button to the open reciver mid way through the video, and the rest of your team's inability to clear space for you with CC.

Don't blame the game because you are all terrible.

You call him a dimwit, but I guess you're brain is just overloading too much from your higher level of understanding to realize that if he were to pass it off that squishy carnage sentinel would have been put through the exact same hell Myrm was, except he wouldn't have survived. Please try to think over what you post before you post it, and apply a little critical thinking to whats going on in the match before you blindly criticize others, and wind up looking clueless. Then again I guess a pro like you wouldn't have been susceptible to those roots though. :rolleyes: POT 5 seems to have the best trolls lately. I'll give you guys that.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Pass the ball to the open receiver. You had two chance within the first 30 seconds. Marauder/Warrior at the 11 second mark, and the same guy is open again at the 27/28 second mark.

Not to mention failing at intercede.

and where is the rest of your fail team? Clearly not clearing out all those guys holding you in place throughout the video. probably off on the side 3 on 1ing some guy who's laughing his butt off at being able to keep three simpletons busy away from the ball.

Seriously, outside of the healer, the rest of your team should be embarrassed at that pathetic display of teamwork. You literally forced your way through their entire team the last 15 second of the clip.

Nothing wrong with the game, only things wrong with your own inability to hit the pass button to the open receiver mid way through the video, and the rest of your team's inability to clear space for you with CC.

Don't blame the game because you can't complete a pass 20 meters away, or conversely, the rest of your non-healing support team sucks at huttball.

LMAO someones mad :D

EDIT: Oh and I was in a 4 man premade. The healer was healing me and the other two dps were at mid waiting to pick the ball up. I dont know how you do it on PIT 5 oh i mean POT 5 but over on Begeren we like to score the ball AND pick it up on reset too :cool:

POT 5 seems to have the best trolls lately. I'll give you guys that.

He's no copperfield!

Edited by J_Fred

Islander, his healers were behind him. BEHIND. If he'd passed to Mallo instead of interceding to him at the beginning, Mallo would've been violated and poked with sharp pointy objects by the respawn in short order. The healers could not have reached Mallo in time to save him.

By the time he (edit to clarify: Myrmio) gets out of his first stunlock, Mallo was swarmed by the spawn so an interception would've been very likely.

He arguably could've passed to Sabina (full health) at one point, but Sabina dropped down so that pass would've been incomplete. Mallo was at half health with a bunch of enemy leapers in the pit waiting to jump to him had Myrmio passed to him.

Did I mention that I was in vent with him at the time so he KNEW I would be coming into the pit to keep him up?

But hey, let's not let this interfere with Islander's Monday morning quarterbacking. Monday morning quarterbacking is FUN! :rolleyes:

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Islander, his healers were behind him. BEHIND. If he'd passed to Mallo instead of interceding to him at the beginning, Mallo would've been violated and poked with sharp pointy objects by the respawn in short order. The healers could not have reached Mallo in time to save him.

By the time he gets out of his first stunlock, Mallo was swarmed by the spawn so an interception would've been very likely.

He arguably could've passed to Sabina (full health) at one point, but Sabina dropped down so that pass would've been incomplete. Mallo was at half health with a bunch of enemy leapers in the pit waiting to jump to him had Myrmio passed to him.

Did I mention that I was in vent with him at the time so he KNEW I would be coming into the pit to keep him up?

But hey, let's not let this interfere with Islander's Monday morning quarterbacking. Monday morning quarterbacking is FUN! :rolleyes:

some people are armchair generals, others are armchair coaches :D