Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REVOLUTION !!!!

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8985/screenshot2012011618240.jpg

(I also found a sentinel gear promoted in screenshots and very rare in game, on the GTN)

Sad to see how cool we would be with hood downs. And NO FAT BUTT (please support the issue of the large butt :( especially after the 20 since many of us are waiting for fixes before resubbing).

Remember the fat butt does that : http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2958/bootydk.jpg

REVOLUTION !!!!

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8985/screenshot2012011618240.jpg

(I also found a sentinel gear promoted in screenshots and very rare in game, on the GTN)

Sad to see how cool we would be with hood downs. And NO FAT BUTT (please support the issue of the large butt :( especially after the 20 since many of us are waiting for fixes before resubbing).

Remember the fat butt does that : http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2958/bootydk.jpg

The first image linked is indeed a hood with the hood down but doesn't help anyone as it is a blue and non modifiable. Even if it was it doesn't really help heavy armour wearing Jedi Guardians.

However it does add to the fact that there is NOTHING holding BW back from adding cloaks like this to the game they have just chosen to hide our char's faces on purpose in every cutscene :S

It's not in for launch. You can use a custom (orange type) armor with the hood down and keep it modded to stay relevant if you want.

I would love to do this. However, I have not seen any orange armor anywhere that has the hood down... I've trolled the GNT, I check out all the players I can, and I think there just... aren't any hood down, orange, heavy Jedi armor sets in the game right now.

It seems like they must have been really rushed before launching this game to have such an oversight... I like this game a lot but I'm seeing a lot of things that suggest it could have used a little longer in the oven, ya know?

I'd really like to see this issue addressed in a meaningful way this month or next. It's not a huge issue to address, but it is a huge issue for me and other players. The resources are there, they're just not implemented on anything but NPCs... Which is sad.

The first image linked is indeed a hood with the hood down but doesn't help anyone as it is a blue and non modifiable. Even if it was it doesn't really help heavy armour wearing Jedi Guardians.

Guardians have an awesome looking armored cape at lvl 40-ish, moddable, while putting on the head what my char has, it fits the armor AND removes the hood while displaying the hair.

It really looks good.

Sentinels are garbaged to the point I just can't believe how it is possible, by having both the huge butt and hood, coming with hideous textures.

Anyway, lvl 50 power rangers samurai is the "top gear" and doesn't have a hood. No moddable gear can equal that gear.

So either you think playstyle and looks are more important than actual stats, either you don't and then you're forced to deal with horrible gear.

I personally think its terrible thinking by BW for both the Guardian and Sentinel. Both need a fix. One could argue the Champion level 50 gear doesn't have a hood but then again it isn't robes either. TBH I'm not quite sure *** that set is supposed to be. Regardless having to conform or gimp yourself shouldn't be the solution. BW needs to pick up on this (as I don't see many threads on this site with the same number of replies) and act on this easy fix.

+1 for me,

+2 for each of my roommates standing behind me who both play a jedi and are jabbering in my ear about this issue as I type.

Artwork is not the issue. I have been modding games for years now, I have created the 3d "wire-frame" or mesh to the final texturing, to complete mods which I have published on the nexus. The mesh is the hardest part of this issue. As it has been clearly discussed and shown, the meshes and textures already exist. Once that is done, inserting new items into a game can be done in minutes. I have modded Oblivion, FO3, FONV, DA, DA2 and now Skyrim. I know that it only takes a few clicks to make something active in a game. There is a reason they have removed or shut off the existing armors that clearly were there during beta. It would be nice to know why.

On another yet related note... if your a purist like me, it is perfectly acceptable to use a trooper chest piece. Obi-Won wears trooper armor all the way through the Clone Wars series, so that validates the "Lore" aspect of it to me for RP purposes. Just a FYI, I soooo dislike the huge backpack most of the trooper armor has, so far I have found two without the backpack or so small it looks more part of the equipment and not distracting. One can be found on Tatooine from the Heavy Armor Vendor... white with yellow for around 12K. Not a fan of yellow... so I kept seaching... I found one that looks great off the GTN. Army green, battle scared, no backpack: TT-15A Powertech Body Armor. Fully mod-able.

As a synthweaver, I have search and search for schems that have no hood. The only one I have found is: Aspiring Knight's Vest. Fully mod-able and not too bad looking, however as I have seen mentioned before it IS Medium armor. I however use this when soloing, when rigged with the best mods available to me, I only take a 100 AC hit over the fully modded Trooper armor I use when doing flashpoints.

Just saying.... and that's my two cents worth.

Yeah, I'm using a Trooper Armor (with mods, etc open) :) though I don't really look like a real jedi (maybe a semi jedi thanks to the robe), but I'm happy to see my full character

Now I just need to do the same thing to my Kira.. she looks so stupid with that cap

+1 for me,

+2 for each of my roommates standing behind me who both play a jedi and are jabbering in my ear about this issue as I type.

Artwork is not the issue. I have been modding games for years now, I have created the 3d "wire-frame" or mesh to the final texturing, to complete mods which I have published on the nexus. The mesh is the hardest part of this issue. As it has been clearly discussed and shown, the meshes and textures already exist. Once that is done, inserting new items into a game can be done in minutes. I have modded Oblivion, FO3, FONV, DA, DA2 and now Skyrim. I know that it only takes a few clicks to make something active in a game. There is a reason they have removed or shut off the existing armors that clearly were there during beta. It would be nice to know why.

On another yet related note... if your a purist like me, it is perfectly acceptable to use a trooper chest piece. Obi-Won wears trooper armor all the way through the Clone Wars series, so that validates the "Lore" aspect of it to me for RP purposes. Just a FYI, I soooo dislike the huge backpack most of the trooper armor has, so far I have found two without the backpack or so small it looks more part of the equipment and not distracting. One can be found on Tatooine from the Heavy Armor Vendor... white with yellow for around 12K. Not a fan of yellow... so I kept seaching... I found one that looks great off the GTN. Army green, battle scared, no backpack: TT-15A Powertech Body Armor. Fully mod-able.

As a synthweaver, I have search and search for schems that have no hood. The only one I have found is: Aspiring Knight's Vest. Fully mod-able and not too bad looking, however as I have seen mentioned before it IS Medium armor. I however use this when soloing, when rigged with the best mods available to me, I only take a 100 AC hit over the fully modded Trooper armor I use when doing flashpoints.

Just saying.... and that's my two cents worth.

OK, the first part you are right. Why did they remove it? Why not give us an update on the issue? They either want to add them with expansions, or made a CHOICE to make jedi hooded for some crazy purpose.

2, No, Obi-Wan wears a Jedi robe, with 3 armor pieces. And he looses the armors 1 by 1, in the latest season it's only a robe. He always looked jedi. You can only look trooper this way.

Lastly, not meant for you, but other posters who found miracle ways to remove the hood with head gear: stop fraking posting here!! We are upset because we can not see our characters face. Don't come here and tell us that you can cover your face with a head piece and that helps.

I remember reading one of the threads concerning this complaint and well... There was a Dev (not confirmed) that openly said that this was not going to be option because it would be to difficult to implement. This is just what I remember reading.

Will there be the ability to raise/lower hoods on Jedi Robes via a command? We've seen many different robe variations but very few without a hood down. I'd very much like to have the choice. Thank you!

We know this is wanted, but it's more work than you might expect. It may come in the future. - StephenReid

TBH I call BS, I think they just are holding back gear and ruining peoples first play-through s of the story for the sake of being lazy and cutting design time down later on for future patches.

Edited by Tirrallas

Will there be the ability to raise/lower hoods on Jedi Robes via a command? We've seen many different robe variations but very few without a hood down. I'd very much like to have the choice. Thank you!

We know this is wanted, but it's more work than you might expect. It may come in the future. - StephenReid

TBH I call BS, I think they just are holding back gear and ruining peoples first play-through s of the story for the sake of being lazy and cutting design time down later on for future patches.

I believe it's BS too, but for now I want them to fix the other bugs that are ruining game play. Like the Jedi Guardian Animation Stutter, the Taral V glitches, and the list goes on and on and on...

I would like a hood down option.

A "simple" toggle to completely remove the hood wouldn't probably be an issue.

What I suspect they want, is having the hood actually displayed as hanging down your back and that may cause issues as the hood seems to be a seperate piece replacing the character's hair (on some robes a slight gap is noticable between the robe and the hood from certain angles). This would probably require a set of new animations, which may be the issue here.

Edit; It might have been a better solution to have the hoods as actual headgear from the start, rather than having them as part of the chestpiece.

Edited by Kendaric

A "simple" toggle to completely remove the hood wouldn't probably be an issue.

What I suspect they want, is having the hood actually displayed as hanging down your back and that may cause issues as the hood seems to be a seperate piece replacing the character's hair (on some robes a slight gap is noticable between the robe and the hood from certain angles). This would probably require a set of new animations, which may be the issue here.

It would not require new animations. Some earlier robes are hoodless but quite clearly have a *DOWN* hood behind the head. It's just a folded up hood that's static.

At that point, I wondered why I had no "HOOD UP" option to raise the hood on those pieces. That was before I realized I would get sick of hoods and want to go the other way later.

That static folded hood look is all that's needed, and it's already in game. The most possible labor to be done on it artwork-wise is a palette swap to match different colored chestpieces.

Bioware, this SWTOR fanboy will give you lots of money to continue to subscribe. I want to be a powerful Jedi who controls the Force and combat with expert precision. I want to inspire awe in my enemies and be able to manipulate time and space...and take down my hood.

It would not require new animations. Some earlier robes are hoodless but quite clearly have a *DOWN* hood behind the head. It's just a folded up hood that's static.

You're probably refering to the Temple Watchman's Vest/Aspiring Knights Vest (medium armor, the latter being orange quality). I'm not sure whether the hood is animated/deformed by your movement/combat animations but will check that once I manage to log into the game. If the hood on this piece is a seperate piece as well, it could (and should) be used as a base for lowered hoods.

Edit: The hood on this chestpiece is indeed static and not animated, though I'm not sure whether a static hood will work on the chestpieces with attached capes (never used one of them myself, so no idea how badly clipping issues could be due to the cape animation).

Edited by Kendaric

I'm on Balmorra with a sith inquisitor. Just fought a jedi Knight, and guess what. His hood was down, he looked AWSOME. Reminded me how crappy I look, and that I cant even enjoy my main.

Also, from the clipping you could tell the hood is a different part. I would volunteer to add this feature for free Bioware.

Do you guys remember the medium armor you get from tython for 8 commendations? Thatone can be crafted with 3 slots, one of my guildmates found it.

The name is aspiring knight's vest.

Screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/screenshot2012011722570.jpg/

You can use it at any level you like, depending on the modules you insert.

Hope this helps anyone looking for hoodless armors.

Edited by ArmoredRaven

go into your preferences and i think its in user interface.. toggle your helmet and your hood should go up.

Nope, this only removes whatever idiotic headband/eyeband you happen to be wearing, not your hood.

Since we all know that robe models with the hood down exist, see the jedi temple on tython, or just about any jedi guard mob and it has no hood.

If they can't do a hood toggle switch, do a hoodless exchange vendor.

He takes your robe with hood and gives you a version without a hood.

Failing that ensure there is at least 1 moddable robe without a hood for each level of armor given as a basic recipe to the synthweavers. Problem solved really.

Some one said all armor should have a orange version. Great! yet to see a single one for heavies. Making a version of the level 33 robe spoted a few pages back would suit, it looks good.

Lots of options tbh. A lot of work sure? another lookup ref table and an entry into the item moddifactions table perhaps. Give your robe to Tailor we'll call him safen, item gets hoodless key ref and displays hoodless model from lookup ref. Find a perm solution? remove the tables.

I mean cmon all guards have no hoods and the jedi guardian/knight poster boy has armor without a hood... i find it hard to believe its hard, sine they already do lookups on the model/mods etc. Changing where it points doesn't seem like alot of effort.

If the models don't exhist? how then can it be done for the guards and not the players ?