Returning player with open world pvp question

Diamaht

Hello all (even those who will now flame me) coming back after a couple years. Tons of great improvements and I'm having fun again. One thing that doesn't seem to exist so far is open world encounters. I remember planets from lvl 25 and on being a bit tense at times because you could run into the opposing faction at any time and I miss it.

Does that exist anywhere in the game any longer or has that been fazed out?

PVP instances are where PvE players go for a bit of uncontested peace and quiet. - To get their quests and dailies done in solo tranquility.

Having said that, some guilds still organize occasional mass PvP scraps on various instances. - But finding a random unexpected enemy player on the radar is all but dead.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the last 'encouraged' PvP area was Iokath- I think I've seen 2 flagged players there while building the reputation, one kill, one ran off a cliff to avoid me..... :confused:

BW doesn't do anything to encourage OW PVP and a few vocal special snowflakes pretty much killed it by coming onto the forums and complaining that they were being picked on by bullies.

Bionoobs killed raiding in 4.0. They killed ranked pvp in 5.0 but they killed OWPVP years ago. They hate anyone who does endgame content. There is no OWPVP anymore. People farm team ranked for mats and no operations havw been released since 3.0. We are now in 5.6. Pathetic

Outside of the Gree Event on Ilum (which ended today) World PVP tends to be an organized event now between guilds (Star Forge has them at least) as there is no such thing as a PVP server any longer, and the fact there is a separate PVE instance means in most locations in the game you aren't going to have random encounters with players questing in the PVP instance. As mentioned earlier in the thread, mainly PVP instances get used by a few players to avoid having to compete for quest objectives in heroic areas.

That isn't to say that you can't find some spontaneous PVP in a PVP instance, just that because the PVP instances tend to be sparsely populated the places where you can reliably find it are very limited. Generally speaking you want to choose small and fairly crowded planets. CZ-198 for instance around prime time on the day the weekly resets. Oricon or Black Hole at at a similar time are also decent, though since they are larger not as much as CZ-198 where you're just about guaranteed to "trip' over at least one or two enemy players.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Outside of the Gree Event on Ilum (which ended today) World PVP tends to be an organized event now between guilds (Star Forge has them at least) as there is no such thing as a PVP server any longer, and the fact there is a separate PVE instance means in most locations in the game you aren't going to have random encounters with players questing in the PVP instance. As mentioned earlier in the thread, mainly PVP instances get used by a few players to avoid having to compete for quest objectives in heroic areas.

That isn't to say that you can't find some spontaneous PVP in a PVP instance, just that because the PVP instances tend to be sparsely populated the places where you can reliably find it are very limited. Generally speaking you want to choose small and fairly crowded planets. CZ-198 for instance around prime time on the day the weekly resets. Oricon or Black Hole at at a similar time are also decent, though since they are larger not as much as CZ-198 where you're just about guaranteed to "trip' over at least one or two enemy players.

Ok, well that's a pretty good tip. Thank you. Might be able to follow that and have some fun. I'm sure people will complain but that's fine. People always complain about pvp unless they are winning.

I would say that it crops up from time to time. Since the server merge a lot more frequently - sometimes planned - sometimes not. I've been involved in a few dust ups on Ilum, Tat, Yavin, and Oricon since the merge.

I will say though that last week on Tat...ppl were complaining in gen chat saying that we were "being mean" by getting involved in the scrap that was going on...but it's a PvP instance, and we were all there (including the other faction, I assume) to PvP should it happen...so I have no idea what the problem would be with that. It was hilarious for my friends and I...we bashed the other side (and they us) other for 45 minutes to an hour...and then my guild went back to our other pursuits. There were roughly 20 players per faction in the fight...so wasn't just on side ganking an individual who was trying to quest in peace.

That's EXACTLY the kind of thing I would enjoy. Good to hear that it still happens from time to time. Don't pay any attention to the complaints, that's what always happens. Who cares...