Operative Medical Therapy does not work

Daize

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they officially buried this issue by the moving the thread to these Agent forums where it will never ever get a response. We all know no Dev even reads stuff here.

Case closed, the end, exit stage right.

Edited by fixit

Least played class, so least attention !!!

GOOD JOB TO DEVS, if you wanted 3 class, why have bothered doing a fourth one, and doing half class.... with half of their skills broken, this sound half brilliant .... FAIL !!!!

I call this racism !

We pay same amount of money as inquisitors, warriors, and bounty hunters!

I want a response now

I agree, why releasing half a classe...

When you realise, you get ****ed because they messed up the classe it's too late, we are lvl 50 and dont want to reroll again...

i sent around 10 messages on twitter to RockJaw and silence there too...

Lol i laughed when i saw people talking about ''conspiracy" but it make me think about it more and more.... No answer, tread getting close, silence.... IM TALKING TO THE WALL, SWEET

RACISM:mad:

Edited by Saella

Bump!!!!!!

Bump what? this thread was getting a lot of attention in the Test Server forum so they buried back here on our class forums.

I still plan to play my operative but honestly this is a pretty good indicator (along with their total lack of response) that the Devs have about zero interest in addressing our class concerns.

At an outside IA's/smuggler's will remain in a bad state for another 6 months or so at least, if a fix hasn't come at at that point, just accept you will always be playing a "challenge" class. (Although this doens't effect smuggler's so... haha on us).

No use whining about it, if being the best healer is your concern then just re-roll Sorc. It would be a much better use of your time than complaining on the boards. Or just unsubscribe and when they send you the "Why did you unsubscribe?" e-mail mention that this was a concern.

Edited by Amiable

Surgical Probe seems to work now that I've tested it. Kolto Probe is clearly not affected though. Here's a test for Surgical Probe if anybody is interested.

First you spec up to here: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401rffMzh0oz.1

Then you want to convince yourself that the datamined formulas are in fact correct. Note that the tooltip will be out by a considerable amount here (the tooltips for talented abilities use the minimum level they can be taken for calculating StandardHealth, but their actual output uses caster level, so 50 at cap)(*).

At level 50, base formula should be:

Ability Damage Min = 1.37 * HealingBonus + 0.038 * 7085

Ability Damage Max = 1.37 * HealingBonus + 0.098 * 7085

But then you'll need to increase by 3% from Medical Consult (we're always going to be testing without TA present here; use a single Kolto Injection to get a TA, then use it on Surgical Probe without proccing a second TA), and 15% from Surgical Precision (this one doesn't show up in the tooltip btw, but it's easy to see that it works). This will give you:

1.622765 * HealingBonus + [318.902935, 822.433885]

Now plug in your HealingBonus to get a strict bound [X, Y] (give it +/- 1 for rounding errors). If you see a value for your heal H, where H < X or H > Y, then something is amiss. So throw some SPs onto yourself, as many as you need to be confident, and verify that the amount you receive is between these two figures (barring crits, and remember to have only the one TA present when you cast SP). If you see a single case outside these bounds, then something has been calculated wrong (or the formula is incorrect... which it's not). After about 50 goes I was happy.

Now spec into Medical Therapy: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401rffMzh0Rz.1

You now have two sets of bounds to consider, [X, Y] as before, and [X*1.06, Y*1.06]. Now here's the test: keep using Surgical Probe over and over until you see a value H (non-crit) with X < H < X*1.06 OR with Y < H < Y*1.06. If you see the former case, then the talent does nothing. If you see the latter case, then it works. Simples.

As it happens, something like the first or second try I got Y < H < Y*1.06, so I can be sure that it's working. Well, for Surgical Probe anyway. For Kolto Probe the effects are in a catagory I like to call "F.A.", which stands for "(N)ot (V)ery (M)uch".

(*) If you're wondering, the tooltip will show 1.4111 * HealingBonus + [143.6438, 370.4498] given the relevant talents. Try it, it works.

So did everyone miss the response 4 days ago saying they were aware of the issue and were fixing it in this very thread or do you just like complaining?

Show me where, been 2 months they replied my ticket saying this as been shown to the developpers, so far they don't care... so yeah we keep whining....

I also read this daily. That dev response was stealth patched into the thread.

Yeah, its pretty weird that no one even commented on it for 4 or five pages after. I commented on the page after so I know it wasn't there a few days ago. That's kind of hilarious, why would they do that?

Edited by Amiable

I also read this daily. That dev response was stealth patched into the thread.

This, it was below my one post that I re-read over and over.

Glaringingly obvious that dev post was inserted recently.

But still, at least they replied even though in a shady way.

Woot!

Edited by fixit