Producer's Road Map 2014

CourtneyWoods

DF and DP will have been out for one full year. Never before have we had to wait a full year between brand new operations.

True, although other than at the very launch when both EV and KP were introduced (at least I think they were released at the same time), we've never had two operations released at once like we did with DF and DP. Not even with Makeb did we get two new operations unless you count TC which is one boss, no trash (unless you count adds that spawn during the boss fight and the isos that people damage and relocate before fighting the boss), and takes 10 minutes. S&V was the only new operation. TFB was reconfigured from level 50 to level 55, which I don't consider as a new op, just recycling old content and supposedly increasing the difficulty.

Personally, I don't see much difference in difficulty between former 50 SM TFB and 55 SM TFB except for more HP. They certainly don't hit harder, or if they do, it's impossible to tell it in level 55 gear. EC HM is more challenging than TFB SM for people in 72's or higher. And NOT counting the 4 highest-end raids (NiM S&V and TFB, HM DF and DP), I'd say that the most difficult ops fights are (#1) 8 M HM Operator IX from TFB and (#2) 16 M SM Dread Council. I don't know why, but 16 M HM Operator IX is so much easier than 8 M and 8 M SM Dread Council is so much easier than 16 M. I do not know for certain, but I have a theory for this. It is my opinion that 8 M and 16 M Operator IX are the exact same boss fight in every way except that only half as many people can go in for 8 M obviously so each and every player in 8 M essentially has to do the work that 2 people in 16 M would do; and while the difficulty of the bosses themselves is proportional for both the 8 M and 16 M versions of Dread Council, there are just so many mechanics for a SM fight that it is so easy to become confused / distracted with the 8 additional players in 16 M and stray from the correct strategy, whereas in 8 M it is easier to focus on mechanics since there are fewer other players.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, although other than at the very launch when both EV and KP were introduced (at least I think they were released at the same time), we've never had two operations released at once like we did with DF and DP.

I believe most raiders would consider DF and DP to be a single operation, split in two phases. Their doors are side-by-side on the planet, and both have to be completed to finish the Oricon story quest.

But I will grant that 10 bosses is a pretty meaty chunk of content, 2 more than S&V + TC. Still one year is a very long time to wait, and gamers are not especially patient folk. :-) Especially for the larger group of raiders that stick to SM and maybe HM, and will never do NiM.

I don't know why, but 16 M HM Operator IX is so much easier than 8 M and 8 M SM Dread Council is so much easier than 16 M.

This is because for 16M OP IX, you only need half the people to know what they are doing in terms of standing in the middle, channeling, and clearing circles in phase 2. And if a DPS or two stand around in the middle hitting adds (or Master Control, always funny to see that!), it doesn't really matter, you can still kill the cores with a few geared DPS on them. In 8-man, every single person needs to get to the middle or channel at the right time. And if a DPS derps and hits things in the middle, you've lost 33% of your DPS potential for that color phase. In 16M, 3 DPS would have to do the same to have the same effect.

In 16M council, the only real problem I've seen is the raid-wide damage at the end that overwhelms the healers. It would go a whole lot better if groups would weaken all of the bosses a bit before pushing to the burn phase, but they don't, so that damage just keeps ramping up and up and up. It is an odd thing that smaller groups are easier to heal, even if the number of non-healers per healer is worse. We've short-manned enough content with a single healer to realize it is frequently easier to heal 5 people with one healer than it is to heal 8 people with 2, on the same fight.

Because the real chairs are broken. If you didn't notice, they've been adding chair emotes for a few months now. There you go.

The chairs are a lie,there are only couches! On a serious note though they have how many FP's and Ops? Yet only 6 (including the new huttball map) 8v8 PVP maps and what 4 arenas at this point? Cant PVP get some love here? When the queues were broken about 2 weeks ago Fleet was spammed with people upset about the queues being busted by very large number of people (and lets face it on the weekends only a few of the US servers are listed as heavy and BC is one of them). Most of these people were 55. Seems that at the endgame level wise PVP might have as many people into it as PVE does yet were not getting the same amount of attention. We are starting to feel just a tad neglected ratio wise here.

big woop more pvp and flashpoint stuff

so basicly levels 1 to 55 are still boring as s**t

sure the storylines is the main reason i play this game.. but there is nothing really that encourages me to make a sentinel and a guardian cause i know the entiire story already.. i would like to see alternate ways of leveling (just as you have eatern kingdoms and kilmdor in wow) each land with its own problems and story, on top of that i really do NOT like the fact that as a smuggler i do the same stuff as a jedi or trooper, ive seen it pop up sevral times.. that classes have the same way of solving stuff on makeb.. everytime i play i dont see classes anymore.. just toons with a diffrent skillset with the same quests as the rest of the toons..

i stopped playing on makeb (and basicly after i finished the class story on each toon) simply cause there is no fun to be had there as a class.. you play it once.. you've seen it all

so to cut it short in one centance: give us something to encourage us to play diffrent classes while not getting bored out of our minds

and please for the love of god dont make it group content only.. i dont always want to group up with people who spam the chat with "HIT SPACE"

sometimes i like solo play as well.. and well lets face it, most of this stuff is group orientated :mad:

give us more class story's, shake things up, not every trooper gets betrayed in every squad or even stationed on the same planet for that matter, same goes both jedi, they might end up on planets wich makes them reconsider wether they want to stay single :p

On a serious note though they have how many FP's and Ops? Yet only 6 (including the new huttball map) 8v8 PVP maps and what 4 arenas at this point? Cant PVP get some love here?

Fair enough, although you can't outgear and trivialize WZs and arenas like you can FPs and Ops. Still I am surprised to not see a new arena and a new WZ map added every 6 months or so to keep things fresh. I honestly think Bioware considers GSF to be PVP content though.

Nobody believes you are not subbed to this game. You enjoy trolling the forums far to much for that.

Okay well ur subbed to the game just to troll the forums and attack anyone who has anything critical or questionable to say about SWTOR and/or eaware.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Does this mean I'm on your ignore list? I really hope so. Maybe I should take up trolling, I'd be much better at it than you.

HAHAHA! Someone just got TOLD

But... reading your previous post... 11 55s and done with alts? :( I have 11 and I'm just getting started :p

Does this mean I'm on your ignore list? I really hope so. Maybe I should take up trolling, I'd be much better at it than you.

Ur assuming that I'm trolling but someone who says that another person is trolling is the one really trolling LOL I took the bait but at least i ratted you out :o

btw I give you a 4/10 at making me respond

HAHAHA! Someone just got TOLD

But... reading your previous post... 11 55s and done with alts? :( I have 11 and I'm just getting started :p

Guess you must be his cheerleader and Bioware's

Edited by Gamesux

Ur assuming that I'm trolling but someone who says that another person is trolling is the one really trolling LOL I took the bait but at least i ratted you out :o

btw I give you a 4/10 at making me respond

Guess you must be his cheerleader and Bioware's

Then ur basically trolling too, bye

So you're admitting to trolling by your logic?