Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?

Lionflash

To answer the question posed here about purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.

Translation - Cash only suckers!!!! We dont want our own, worthless made up currency.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.

Allison did you draw the short straw or did everyone else step backwards when they asked for a volunteer.? At least I hope BW supply you with sufficient fireproofing!

Edited by CalonLan

So this is really a DLC since it will only be available directly from you digitally.

Some of your playerbase like to have tangibles tied to their purchases, but yes, those cost money for you to provide. Like the Life Day and Anniv push out, Another grab the $$ and run move.

You get back from the players based upon the effort and skill of what you provide. The current trajectory of SWTOR is not up. Hopefully you change it, I do enjoy the genre and the stories in this game. But everyone has their limits to how much foul stuff they can stand in.

Edited by Jawstheshark

And there goes the last straw. There is nothing currently in the cartel store I am interested in. If I can't buy expansions with what I've saved up there is no reason in me parting with any more money for this game.

/Unsubscribed.

Edited by DieselCheezel

Way to go Bioware! You really are as greedy as everyone thinks! This company has become such a farce of what it used to be that I am not sure I will even buy DA3...

You do realize that according to what other people here have said, that you guys actually stated in the past that subscribers wouldn't be hit with these costs for expansions because they were already paying subscribers...

Am I in error under that assumption, cause I seem to remember you guys saying that earlier as well (in writing I might add)?

Don't see why people are so upset over this. You had to pay for expansions in WoW, and you have to pay for expansions for pretty much every game. And it's 10 bucks. Big *********** whoop.

Yeah..... Im gonna put a bet on this expansion not containing a fraction of what WoWs have delivered, drawing a comparison is not going to be favourable to SWTOR

Well boo, I bought all my lotro expansions with my Turbine points, Isengard and Rohan, going against the trends not always a wise choice, good thing it is only 10 bucks..

I'm actually glad they decided this. I was going to save my cartel points up to buy the "expansion", despite telling myself that I would never again purchase an EAware product.

Now I won't be buying it at all, so my conscience is clear.

Edited by uaintjak

Who else didn't see this coming?

Would EAware seriously let us pay for it with our monthly bonus CC?

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm not paying over my subscription for DLC in mmo and im never buying another EA game ever again.

Don't see why people are so upset over this. You had to pay for expansions in WoW, and you have to pay for expansions for pretty much every game. And it's 10 bucks. Big *********** whoop.

Expansions=/=DLC.

Also, I can buy add ons on LOTRO with my TP.... Same with DDO. And DDO already give every DLC for free to subers, except the add on (1paying add on in like 5years ? That's fine).

I don't care it's just 10$ or 100$. That's just the EAWARE greed as reach new summit, and I just decided I wouldn't pay for it anymore.

I guess when the game finally goes Pay to Win which it has taken baby steps with space mission gear, cartel points will be useful. Right Now I can get everything from the market with creds instead of real cash. While not allowing the expansion to be bought with cartel coins is smart and will net more money, what a great way to further damage an already destroyed reputation especially when your game isnt growing.

You do realize that according to what other people here have said, that you guys actually stated in the past that subscribers wouldn't be hit with these costs for expansions because they were already paying subscribers...

Am I in error under that assumption, cause I seem to remember you guys saying that earlier as well (in writing I might add)?

Yep, this was the final straw. If they hadn't said something about subs not being charged for content, then I wouldn't be so pissed. But to purposely change it to make a quick buck..... unacceptable. As I said in the other thread: Why the hell do I pay a sub if I'm not going to get content?

Edited by JefferyClark

Apparently, we dont pay subs for content updates, despite what the devs so loudly claimed in the months and years up to release - and after...

No. Now we pay subs to simply not be annoyed by having things that have already been developed... turned off.

The rest of the money? Who knows. But this isnt the content that we were promised. This isnt the content that every other MMOG actually delivers. Being less annoyed with the corporate employed blocks on quality of life gameplay, and paying for that, is not content. Reskinning existing armour models is not content. Adding +1 to +5 to skill levels is not content.

Holy cow... a whole new planet that will take 2 hours to go through and... without a doubt... be as on rails as the rest of this thing. And you want us to pay up for that? WT F have we been paying for all along? The previously completed content that you just held back so you could say you were doing something? Really?

And then you tell your subbies, the ones that have been here all along, so sorry! No "expansion" for you! Come back, one year! Oh but nm you cant "pay" for it with your useless currency then either...

"Pathetic!"

Last time I checked WoW wasn't free to play either. Also, expansions in WoW were a big deal. A whole new continent, a complete gear reset, major talent tree changes to go with several raid tiers. This looks nothing like that so far.

Edited by DieselCheezel

But BioWare said that all content would be free to subscribers.

They didn't say expansions would be free to subscribers.

But this isn't an expansion.

Yes, it's an expansion. It's, at the very least, a new planet with 5 levels.

But it's not a full 10 levels.

Neither is MoP

But MoP has a new race, a new class and pet battles.

MoP also costs $40, this costs 1/4 of that for subscribers.

But it won't come in a boxed version.

Seriously?

The price for subscribers is really not bad at all for what we'll be getting. The only thing that bothers me is that it's not available with Cartel Coins, although maybe by the time it goes live BioWare will change their decision and it will be.