Fresh 50- no clue on what to do

abrnml

So I recently came back to swtor after a very long break and Im in a dilemma on gearing up my op.

I tried reading a bunch of different guides and such, but most are too old or they don't answer my questions.

So my first question is, I have 2400 wz comms available; what gear should I get first and so on? I am plan on going concealment, but as of right now I am running healer spec just because I know I won't deal enough DMG and I'll get 2 shotted.

Next. How should I have my gear setup? Am I suppose to get 5 piece stalker set for concealment or am I suppose to mix it with other sets and add some pve pieces for the bonus

Last. Once I get my wh gear, do I have to Rip out anything such as mods or enhancements and switch it with other stats?

This post is towards concealment ops, but if anyone could give me some input on healer spec aswell, I would love to hear it.

Sorry if my post has some punctuation or grammar errors, I'm typing this on my phone.

Edited by abrnml

I'll try to answer as a healer, as I don't play much concealment, only for fun- don't have any dps gear either. Since you are referring to WH gear and stuff I take you plan to pvp mostly. At lvl 50 you get a free full set of recruit pvp gear, not bad for starters. From the WZ comms you buy as many WH gear as you can (I for myself always buy the most expensive pieces first like chest and MH), and keep doing that/replacing recruit armor. For healz, optimal setup is to get the 2-2 PvE-PvP set bonus, it gives a really nice boost to your aoe. And yes, you will have to buy WH pieces you don't really need, rip the mods and tweak your stats to be optimal. I'll let the concealment part to be answered by someone else. Edited by POPsi

So I recently came back to swtor after a very long break and Im in a dilemma on gearing up my op.

I tried reading a bunch of different guides and such, but most are too old or they don't answer my questions.

So my first question is, I have 2400 wz comms available; what gear should I get first and so on? I am plan on going concealment, but as of right now I am running healer spec just because I know I won't deal enough DMG and I'll get 2 shotted.

WH gear, apparently. Go for biggest bang for least comms (accessory, shoes, gloves, but anyway, if you will PvP more, you'll be in complete WH gear in 2-3 weeks).

Next. How should I have my gear setup? Am I suppose to get 5 piece stalker set for concealment or am I suppose to mix it with other sets and add some pve pieces for the bonus

First said, you can not mix PvE / PvP set bonuses together and have them both active at same time, you'll always gain / loose.

You can miix in 2 PvE pieces. It'll give you 15%+ crit. chance to backstab. The big drawback of this solution is, that you must then use only Battlemaster armoring fillers to put in (+WH mod and enhancement) because WH armor filler has tied the bonus to itself and thus it will *override* any set bonus to armor shell.

Problem is, BM armor is not available any longer, so unless you have some pieces already, this option with PVE gear in PVP (while retaining PVE bonus) is closed for you.

Apparently, another drawback of this is, that BM armor filler has lower armor rating than WH armor filler.

Anyway, if you want / can do this, just ust pick tionese, you should get tionese set for free now.

Also, i'd suggest getting 2pieces of field tech, as it add 1 more tick to Orbital striike. Great for denying cap doors etc, but otherwise decide for yourself.

Last. Once I get my wh gear, do I have to Rip out anything such as mods or enhancements and switch it with other stats?

You should optimize it. With respect to your will to play Concealment, you need biggest bang in shortest time. If you inspect the armor gear pieces, you'll see that:

1. armor pieces are same - so no change there

2. mod come with 'number only' (e.g. arftul 27) or 'number+letter' (e.g. artful 27B) the mods with letter have more endurance on behalf of loosing on either: power, cunning or critical. If you want to maximize your dmg, you need to get rid off of all the high endurance mods.

3. enhancement - same like above - get rid off of the high endurance ones, you will only want to think over how many enhancements you will take with critical chance and how many with power to retain high enough Critical Chance for critting HS and BS, Shiv ..

(this gearing up is actually completely same like gearing in PvE)

All this lower your HP, but if you play Concealment, you're glass cannon anyway, you need to kill fast, or you're dead and 1-2k HP plus or minus wont change that.

This post is towards concealment ops, but if anyone could give me some input on healer spec aswell, I would love to hear it.

As healer you will use same gear anyway. Some ppl add some Alacrity, but i dont. And also this enable me to respec during warzones as needed, as i love DPSing, but healers are scarce and you most likely tip favors in your team direction if you spec medic, if there is none other...

Otherwise, i cant tell much about healing, as i'm crappy healer. But as said you're 'king if you have one eye while standing in blinded crowd' and i always get tons of MVPs if there is no other healer :D

Remember to check the bonuses for the EWH pieces that you want/need. Example would be the WH armor piece has power/surge while the EWH piece has crit or something else that you may not need. You may need to purchase more than 1 type of WH armor to get the ones that you want that are in the EWH pieces. Dont forget that all you need is the shell for WH to get the EWH and not whats in it. Do like my parents did with my siblings and I (youngest)...hand that stuff down to lokin. He has better pvp stats than some of the ppl I meet in unranked. At work and work has me stressing so I can think of anything that others havent said already. Hope this helps.