Mercenary Leveling, Best Spec?

lokiwalker

So I was thinking of working on my Merc leveling, should I go Arsenal spec for leveling or should I pick up some of the healing talents as well.

End game with this char I will mostly be PVP and DPS. My other chars are mostly tanks or melee DPS so I wanted a change of pace. FYI, I am not a huge fan of being the main healer don't mind off healing though.

Is this the best leveling spec? Who should my main companions be? Any other tips are welcome, since I am a pretty new player to SWTOR though I have loved it so far.

Edited by lokiwalker
Formatting

I have been trying both out right now in my mid 30s. Pyro is definitely fun. Arsenal seems a little bit better on heat, and a tad more survivable due to the talent that gives you damage reduction from your tracer missles. It seems to be the more efficient build for leveling, don't know if I like it as much pyro personally.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a particular Arsenal build that is considered to be better? I've looked at the PvP build on Noxxic, as well as a couple others and noticed a few differences (ie - taking or passing on Afterburners & Critical Reaction)

Thank you, :)