Why Flash bang lasts 8 seconds?

NogueiraA

I'm trying to figure out why Flash bang lasts 8 seconds, all the mezzes like Whirlwind, Sap and intimidating roar lasts 6 seconds, why 2 seconds more on flash bang?

Imperial Agents and Smugglers ALREADY has a 4 sec stun which NOT break on damage.

If someone can explain to me, I thank.

I'm trying to figure out why Flash bang lasts 8 seconds, all the mezzes like Whirlwind, Sap and intimidating roar lasts 6 seconds, why 2 seconds more on flash bang?

Imperial Agents and Smugglers ALREADY has a 4 sec stun which NOT break on damage.

As the others mentioned, most mez abilities are 8 seconds, only the warriors' and grenades aren't I believe.

But why is it 8 seconds? Either the devs of this game have no respect for how effective mez, especially aoe mez, can be when used by a well coordinated team, or they wanted us to be able to play mez mind games for capping objectives since those happen to have 8 second activation times to cap.

Edited by Zoiks

8s is an awful long time for a mezz that can be applied out of combat as as an aoe (although flash does require a target).

in rated wzs, as I mentioned in another post, it's really the only way to cap a node between two evenly matched teams. still, i have no problem with making it 6s like awe. it also ensures that one person couldn't solo cap an objective simply by mezz. (2 mezzers should be able to cap).

Stun - short duration, does not break on damage (Cryo Grenade, Electro Dart, Debilitate, etc). Every class, with the exception of Marauder/Sentinel, has at least one stun.

Mezz - long duration, breaks on damage (Sleep Dart, Whirlwind, Mind Trap, etc). Some, like Mind Trap, can only be used out of combat and while in Stealth. Those have no cooldown. Others, like Concussion Missile, can be used in combat, and do have a cooldown. Sage/Sorc can spec their Whirlwind mezz to apply a short stun if their mezz breaks on damage.

it could last 1 minute tbh

it already has a 100% guarantee chance that a lolderpsmasher and or forceinbalancespammer is gonna AOE the targets controled before the 2 seconds

Oh, teach me this trick of spamming FiB which has a 15 sec cooldown, I'd love to be able to do that!

It's you again, the creator of the 'Nerf Snipers & Gunslingers' Thread. I don't know what your problem with Snipers/Gunslingers is, maybe you keep getting owned by them on your Lolderpsmasher, but the general populace of the PvP Community don't mind Snipers/Gunslingers.

I just cannot wait to see what you will come up with next to complain about the Sniper/Gunslinger