Naboo deserved to get invaded

jarjarloves

Seriously any planet that willingly elects a 15 year old girl to lead their people deserves what ever happens to it.

How does that even happen?

It's not like she is just a figurehead either she actually does run the planet and makes important decisions every day.

Of course it shouldn't surprise me seeing as the people of Naboo WILLINGLY live on a planet with the Gungans clearly they are horrible at making decisions.

Edited by jarjarloves

I really don't see the problem with having a 15 year old in a position of power, in history people as young as that age went off to fight in wars. It doesn't matter how old you are really, if you have studied for something like it all of your life you would be as smart or smarter about running something then some guy in his 50s. Besides how do we know they don't run things different in the SWU? For all we know at 15 you could be an adult on some planets. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Technically wasn't she 14, not 15? True it's been a long while since I've seen the film.

Doesn't she also say in Episode 2, that she wasn't the youngest Queen ever elected either? Wonder how old they were... 11? Can't see it being younger than that, if that young at all.

But then it is a sci-fi film, with a different culture, who knows, maybe the Naboo are naturally more mature and responsible than humans at that age?

I really don't see the problem with having a 15 year old in a position of power, in history people as young as that age went off to fight in wars. It doesn't matter how old you are really, if you have studied for something like it all of your life you would be as smart or smarter about running something then some guy in his 50s. Besides how do we know they don't run things different in the SWU? For all we know at 15 you could be an adult on some planets.

could not disagree more.

Believe it or not maturity is actually something that exists and there is no such thing as a 15 year old who is actually mature.

I completely agree that there are plenty of 15 year olds that have been in war and it has never ended well either. They also were never generals or leading anyone.

At best you might be able to find a boy king but even then it was never an elected official and during that time they weren't even given as much responsibility as ruling an entire planet.

Closet example I could think of is Alexander the Great but even then his mother did the real ruling until he was old enough. However in TPM we see Padme is the one who is actually in charge.

At 15 years old kids are still going through puberty at that time. You really want someone who is at the will of their hormones in charge of an entire planet?

could not disagree more.

Believe it or not maturity is actually something that exists and there is no such thing as a 15 year old who is actually mature.

I completely agree that there are plenty of 15 year olds that have been in war and it has never ended well either. They also were never generals or leading anyone.

At best you might be able to find a boy king but even then it was never an elected official and during that time they weren't even given as much responsibility as ruling an entire planet.

Closet example I could think of is Alexander the Great but even then his mother did the real ruling until he was old enough. However in TPM we see Padme is the one who is actually in charge.

At 15 years old kids are still going through puberty at that time. You really want someone who is at the will of their hormones in charge of an entire planet?

Well apparently Padme is no regular 15 year old, if they willingly elected her she must have been really smart or have done something to get her where she was.

Well apparently Padme is no regular 15 year old, if they willingly elected her she must have been really smart or have done something to get her where she was.

which leads me back to my original statement if she is the smartest their planet had to offer then they deserved to be invaded.

which leads me back to my original statement if she is the smartest their planet had to offer then they deserved to be invaded.

There have been 18 year olds with a position of power in America (this was a high schooler mayor I heard about once), that's actually why you vote based on your permanent residency-or one of the reasons-as opposed to your current one-say college. All the young kids gathered in one area don't control the vote.

Its not even that they're not intelligent or anything like that-younger and older people will naturally have some conflitcting interests (the conflicting interests is why some places hold the school budget votes in schools...first of all the people who are less likely to vote for it are less likely to know where it is, and the people who are on the fence are more likely to vote for it due to their surroundings).

But, that's beside the point. Obviously, it doesn't matter that Padme was a 15 year old girl, she could've been Yoda or anyone else and it wouldn't matter.

Naboo deserved to be invaded for the Gungan thing.

(Joking, of course, can't take this topic seriously)

Many of the greatest rulers in real life were that young, and/or not that much older, just something to keep in mind.

Padme Amidala was elected Queen at 13 years of age, I believe and served two consecutive "terms" on the throne. In Naboo culture it became customary for the -monarch's- to retire from politics in their 20's. Naboo's political system changed significantly after a war they fought where the throne was left vacant after a series of horrible King's that had inherited the throne, and a general in the army was elected by the people and military to serve as Queen during the war and after in order to restore order and pass reforms to prevent the conflicts from happening in the future, one such reform being the Monarch themselves being limited to 2 terms on the Throne, unless an ammendment was passed by their parliament. Naboo was a hereditary monarchy before that point, like Alderaan, Grizmalt, and all the other "royal" planetary civilizations and systems. Naboo was colonized by Grizmaltian's (the humans in which the Naboo are descended from) under order of Queen/Empress Elisnoire Den Tasia, and eventually some situation happend where Naboo and Grizmalt became disassociated, thus Naboo becoming independent. All of their rulers were young, it seemed to be a trend even in the beginning of their independence from Grizmalt, so it makes sense that they kept that tradition through the years. The Naboo favor female rulers ever since the Kings of Naboo kept ruining everything, so ever since the reforms you would rarely see both an older monarch, or a male one. Don't forget that the Queen's are counsuled by adults on just about everything, and the idea of the Queen's being so young probably comes from the mentality that young people think with their hearts and use their feelings and compassion, and their passion for equality, thus maintaining the Naboo way of life.

I'm curious where Naboo is politically in this era, I believe it's still under the rule of Grizmalt, and Elsnoire if I read the timeline correctly.

could not disagree more.

For all you know the people from Naboo may very well complete puberty well before the age of 15 , they very well may be well into their adult life by 11 or 12 even. the fact is YOU DON"T KNOW !

Egyptians pharos would like to have a word with you.

Hah. Got there before I could.

They're also not the only ancient civilization to do this (even Europe did it heavily, and it was kind of a major point behind things like regencies).

I'm also not entirely sure how electing a younger official constitutes a solid basis for invasion as it's primary consideration, either. That's just silly.

Actually Naboo got invaded before the seps came, Gungans were on Naboo long before humans came and started fighting with them then the seps came. Naboo is really unlucky it seems when it comes to invasions.

It could be worse, it could be Coruscant.

Nothing good ever happens on that damn planet.

I never realized that the Pharaohs were elected..... oh wait...

I don't think thats the point, the point was no matter how young and no matter if it was through election or some monarchy. The point is that there were still young rulers in our own history, so it doesn't seem that big a deal in Star Wars.

I don't think thats the point, the point was no matter how young and no matter if it was through election or some monarchy. The point is that there were still young rulers in our own history, so it doesn't seem that big a deal in Star Wars.

first off there is a huge difference between electing a leader and having one forced on you.

Second if you actually look at what young rulers have done it's not very much. They are more of a figure head until they come of age. They are groomed if you would and they have strong advisers who instruct them how to rule until they are usally in their 20s. Then they are given more power.

Perfect example is Cleopatra and her little brother Ptolemy XIV of Egypt. Cleopatra actually ruled while her brother Ptolemy was just a figure head although he did have the power to send many of his servents to their death and he did so, he had no actual say in the running of the country or it's people.

Even Alexander the Great wasn't proclaimed King until he was 20 and even then he didn't have full power his mother did a lot of the decision making.

Edited by jarjarloves

first off there is a huge difference between electing a leader and having one forced on you.

Second if you actually look at what young rulers have done it's not very much. They are more of a figure head until they come of age. They are groomed if you would and they have strong advisers who instruct them how to rule until they are usally in their 20s. Then they are given more power.

Perfect example is Cleopatra and her little brother Ptolemy XIV of Egypt. Cleopatra actually ruled while her brother Ptolemy was just a figure head although he did have the power to send many of his servents to their death and he did so, he had no actual say in the running of the country or it's people.

Even Alexander the Great wasn't proclaimed King until he was 20 and even then he didn't have full power his mother did a lot of the decision making.

Yet they were still thrust upon the throne and given power(no matter how little) were they not? Thats where it really divides though and where real life logic has no purpose. For all we know in the SWU they run things differently and each planet has its own set of laws, so I don't see how its much of a stretch Padme could hold power.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi