[Bug - Item] Calo Nord's Jacket has bad geometry/mesh

Snordek

Description of bug:

The chest piece associated with the Calo Nord armor set appears to have bad geometry, or possibly improper rigging. The flexible part of the mesh (the portion of the jacket that extends below the waist) has many visible issues rendering the piece unsuitable for use in game. Furthermore, the portion of the armor that appears to be a neck scarf causes issues with female human hairstyle # 45 (both in-game and on the loading screen). Both of these visual issues are visible at all times: walking, running, non-combat idle, combat-idle, combat animations, and all varieties of speeder-riding animations (very pronounced on speeders that display the rider in a semi-standing position such as the Rendili, Gurian, and Longspur series).

Verification of bug-status:

Tested on both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards using latest drivers. Tested on multiple body types, both male and female. Attached screenshots are of female body type 1. Testing indicates that this is most likely an issue with the item, rather than a problem originating with the end-user's hardware.

How to reproduce the bug:

Equip the "Calo Nord's Jacket" item.

Pics: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u96fz9&s=5

Edited by Snordek

I too had issues with my female character wearing this armor. She is body type 4 so when I saw the bottom portion of the jacket bent all funny like it's caught on something & clipping through my thigh I figured maybe it's the body type so I paid to change to body type 1 & it's still an issue so I opened a ticket on it & spent CC again to switch her back to body type 4. I love this armor & I hope they fix this because it looks horrible ... oh & those satchels on side also clip through armor or on mine when I have guns drawn they stick out like wings. :mad:

More than just that.

Quoted from my Bug report over Calo Nord's helmet.

On the back of the head. what do I see? my bald head poking out at me.

Synopsis of Bug:

I am a male body type 2. standard, Human. My natural head sticks out of the hat portions of the Calo Nord cap that shouldn't be possible.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/iwoo55.jpg

Updated. Chest is horribly bugged, the side pockets clicpings and the back part going inside the butt.

You can add Calo Nord's Jacket to the list of bugged items. The geometry/rigging on the flexible part of the jacket is just... I don't even know. I have yet to see anything like this on any other piece of gear.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u96fz9&s=5

It is slightly less noticeable on other body types, but it's still buggy as all heck on males and females, especially when doing anything other than standing perfectly still in the non-combat idle animation (and even then, as you can see, for certain characters... well, it ain't pretty).

So if I am on track... 2.2.1 is basically going to be named "Cartel Item bug fixes" patch?

Edit: Oh yeah, like the Genteel Dress set, the Regal set is bugged, but this time it's the female version that is missing details. Get your act together, armour designers.

List of current C-item bugs

1. Revan's 2 remaining appearance bugs. Light Grey color bug instead of it being Black for its primary. Double Hood Bug exists, Hood Down should be non existant.

2. Calo Nord's appearance bugs on the helmet.

3. -Redacted- Unable to confirm Genteel set bugs.

4. - Redacted- Unable to confirm or deny Regal Set bugs

4. Pathfinder's Chestpiece has a Double Hood, the Hood Down should be non existant.

5. Investigator's Chestpiece has a Double Hood, the Hood Down should be non existant.

6. Bastila Shan's Chestpiece's Brown Shoulders clip going inside the body on almost every body type/sex outside of the default standing animation.

Not being mean or anything, I love cartel item sets they are so nice looking but could we have a stronger presence of Quality Control testing for outfits? I would hate for us to get Mandalore's armor in the future and it's helm goes transparant on like body type 1 males or some nonsense.

So if I am on track... 2.2.1 is basically going to be named "Cartel Item bug fixes" patch?

I hope so ... haven't played this alt because I can't stand looking at the armor issues ... I am sure they will fix it though just hope it's sooner then later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hi there folks,

Thanks for your reports. I wanted to let you know that we've got the issue with Calo Nord's jacket clipping fixed for Game Update 2.3 and are aware of clipping issues with the helm as well, though I don't have a time frame on when it will be resolved.

bumping in the hope we can get this in the Known Issues thread. Seems very well documented here.

Clipping issues are generally not listed on the Known Issues, even when we're aware of them, as they don't affect gameplay.

two down more to go. I am happy to hear at least something is being done.

Revan's Primary Color

Investigator's Double Hood

Pathfinder's Double Hood

Preceptor's Voss buttflap clips out of the jedi robe, needs to be removed.

Bastila Shan's Shoulderpads clipping inside

Thana Vesh's buttcloth being glitchy on males

Diabolist's Hood clipping showing bald heads and ears out of the hood on the back left

Republic Away symbol on the chest is supposed to be white. Not blue, the Item ICON and Collections PICTURE show it white.

Relaxed Vestments on females cuts up part of the body under the right breast like an unfinished body mesh.

Life Day Orb doesn't cast as long as the other heal abilities, not healing us to full.

Flourish is broken, it isn't supposed to have us put our weapon away, then have it magically fly out our body.

Edited by Magnusheart

two down more to go. I am happy to hear at least something is being done.

Yes, it's encouraging to hear that they're working on these. I don't have the Calo set myself, but it gives me hope that the Cartel Market stuff I do have will be addressed eventually.

Diabolist's Hood clipping showing bald heads and ears out of the hood on the back left

Flourish is broken, it isn't supposed to have us put our weapon away, then have it magically fly out our body.

Yeah, those!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...