Dread Fortress and Dread Palace HM 8man guide!

Hello Darlings!

<SuckaFish> has been working on a HM guide for the two new ops for a week now, and it's finally done! Hope you enjoy and it helps!

I'm always updating, so if you notice something in a fight or think someone needs to be clarified, let me know. :D

We tried to cover what we thought raiders need to know, plus broke fights down by specific roles with tricks and tips we use when we raid. These aren't the only way to do the fights, but its how we're doing them and they work pretty well.

Enjoy!

Edited by maebeebuzz

Thank you so much for the awesome write up. I wish I had read these before going in blind as a tank in Palace this week.:o

Hope it helped! We'll try to get the Nightmare guide out sooner, this was something we decided on mid week 2.

Also mae i put this up (link to google docs on my blog) hope ya don't mind!

Anything for you B'oard :}

Well, I wasn't sure whether to take you seriously due to the guild name, but you seem to have a pretty good guide here.

Out of curiosity, what AC combinations have you tried this with?

Everything, basically. lol.

Tank combos: usually Sin/Sin or Jugg/PT. Sin/Jugg or Sin/PT also works.

Heals: Sorc/Sorc, is what we cleared with. Now we run sorc/op.

Dps: (Mara, 2 snipers, merc) or (2 maras, 2 snipers) We havent got a whole lot of depth as far as dps is concerned. The reason though is maras, snipers, and mercs were the consistent DPS leaders for so long (still are imho). We also have some of the best DPS who play this game (Gorband, Papa, Roovin, Stead) so its been hard to recruit dps depth. Other classes simply can't keep up with the numbers these guys put out.

Great guide Mae. Without offering alternate strategies only giving extra information (sorry if any of this you already had!).

Dread Fortress

Gate Keeper Draxxus

• Aggro Drops after completing his channelled attack. This happens every 15s while he is in play. The same cooldown as your single target taunt. Do not let him murder your DPS/Heals.

Corrupter Zero

• Functions on a timer of 1 minute intervals for his stances. Timer begins upon him spawning.
  • Gravity is cast immediately after switching to Range stance, and again ~30-35s in depending on how his abilities lag/fire off
  • Adds spawn 15s into each phase. Though if he leaps up before 15s it will trigger an add spawn immediately.

Dread Fortress

Bestia

• If DPS falls behind phase 1, have the tank that is holding the beast away from group pick up the third to avoid extra cleaves on group. The beasts will buff themselves on this tank, but the damage is minor and the extra beast should be peeled shortly.
  • When doing your tank swap make sure that it is the OT -> Bestia on the swap to avoid Bestia leaping to adds and buffing them.

Raptus

• [Optional] If your tanks are well geared and/or Vanguard/PT's they can do the Tank challenge solo on HM. Vanguard/PT's need only pop their 25% DR shield, and fire off their 4 healing missiles to come through easily. This leaves a tank outside to deal with damage spike while people reposition. The tank outside need only taunt Raptus once to hold aggro, but should his original target get closer to Raptus than the tank, he'll switch back and require a new taunt.

The Dread Masters

• Bestia Tank P1: If you can tank Bestia on the inside of the two lanterns/pillars. This will help you avoid Tyrans randomly teleporting close enough to Bestia to become buffed.
  • [bug Work Around] Occasionally Brontes will bug becoming unhittable by melee attacks. To deal with this, damage Brontes primarily. Stack Styrak overtop of Brontes for AoE benefit. When Brontes bugs, switch DPS back to Styrak until Brontes teleports again and becomes damageable. When Styrak hits 20+ stacks burn Styrak for what little health he'll have at this point.
  • P1/P3 Calyphus Tank: When you have him down to your hold percentage, just run in a circle. He does not have a gap closer and will stop to drop his circle. You can avoid most of his damage even without a run buff.

Again, great guide guys. Tried to just keep the info as to how it affects your guide and not get into various strategies. Go Bastion! :D

You are by far, the derpiest member of our progression team. <3

&& King of the Mercs.

Every progression cycle I tell myself I should do it sober...but then Mae let's me die so my only outlet is Mary Jane to numb the pain :D

A+ nice guides guys :) So you're not supposed to stand between the fingers with the lightning beams? Wish I'd had this guide during the first week! :)

Does your Hyrdraulic Overrides not work? Us snipers can roll through them unharmed :rolleyes: More reasons to bring a Sniper ;)

Edited by paowee

Hey Mae, our guild has been doing DP HM progression and we got stuck on Dread Master Raptus.

The main thing we've noticed is an attack called Driving Thrust hitting the tanks for 32-35k damage.

Our tanks and full min/maxed 72 with a few 78's so our mitigation/health pool is spot on for the gear we have, yet this single attack seems to be the main cause of problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by YoelAtkinson

The main thing we've noticed is an attack called Driving Thrust hitting the tanks for 32-35k damage.

Our tanks and full min/maxed 72 with a few 78's so our mitigation/health pool is spot on for the gear we have, yet this single attack seems to be the main cause of problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

This attack always happens when your tanks are standing too far away from the boss. Then, he will leap toward the tank and do his 30k hit. Therefore, if you need to move the boss, always kite him very slowly.

When the boss does his knockback on the main tank, run out of the telegraphed area and do a tank swap so the boss does not jump toward the tank that was knockbacked.

When your tanks are leaving the challenge, have them leap toward the boss before taunting so that the boss is in melee range.

Re: Grob'thok

The second tank gathers the adds that spawn so the dps can easily kill them. You can drag these adds into to lava to kill them also. .

Groups of Ugnaughts will constantly spawn which need to be aoe’d down.

The tank with adds will periodically take high amounts of damage if they are using the lava trick.

and ranged AoE can quickly get rid of the adds. The timing off adds is every 30s, so rotate AoE’s between raid.

This is literally all wrong. You can do it with aoe, but that doesn't mean you should, and if you're finding it easier doing it with aoe instead of lava you're doing it wrong. You mentioned elsewhere that you don't do the lava, and you discouraged people from using the lava, because the add tank will take too much damage.

This video will demonstrate why that's wrong.

Warning for language, trash talking, etc. We were in our second full clear of the night and feeling flippant.

Edited by FridgeLM

A nice guide, thank you.

I have some questions about the mechanics of the tanking challenge on Raptus in HM. Last night, I went into the tank challenge alone while our MT stayed outside to kite the boss and re-establish agro after the challenge phase. With CDs, I survived the challenge with about 35-40% health (I'm in 72s and 78s, parser said the AE pulse was for about 600 dmg), but one of our groups failed a challenge. The second time I went in, I was being pulsed with AE damage for about 1500 every .6 seconds and died before the challenge ended. I only had one of my CDs available during the challenge.

Here are my questions:

1. If two tanks go into the challenge, does that halve the pulsing AE damage between them? Or do they each suffer the full brunt of the AE damage? Or does the challenge end faster when the damage has been soaked up?

In other words, what is the advantage of putting both of your tanks into the challenge?

2. If you go with the single tank strategy, would you recommend that the tanks rotate who does each challenge to ensure that CDs are ready? So the OT does the first challenge and the MT does the second?

3. If you fail a challenge, is it a necessity that both tanks enter the challenge the second time?

4. Assuming you don't fail a challenge, I assume it would be better for one tank to go in and one to stay out in order for the outside tank to maintain agro and (assuming they avoid the boss) be totally topped off to start the next phase. Correct?

Thanks,

K

Here are my questions:

1. If two tanks go into the challenge, does that halve the pulsing AE damage between them? Or do they each suffer the full brunt of the AE damage? Or does the challenge end faster when the damage has been soaked up?

In other words, what is the advantage of putting both of your tanks into the challenge?

2. If you go with the single tank strategy, would you recommend that the tanks rotate who does each challenge to ensure that CDs are ready? So the OT does the first challenge and the MT does the second?

3. If you fail a challenge, is it a necessity that both tanks enter the challenge the second time?

4. Assuming you don't fail a challenge, I assume it would be better for one tank to go in and one to stay out in order for the outside tank to maintain agro and (assuming they avoid the boss) be totally topped off to start the next phase. Correct?

Thanks,

K

1. Depends on your gear but I take about 500 dmg with my jugg when both tanks goes in, so both tanks should have 60-70% hp when they exit, that is for jugg who has no self heals.

2. Yes you should rotate and if u are jugg or assassin, u have only slim change surviving the second challange if u dont have cd's ready. My main is Assassin and I always goes first alone, leave with about 65% hp and then the other tank who is PT goes to 2nd challange alone. She has no trouble there so PT's I think are best for that due to small damage taken and self heals.

3. Probably yes. Not necessary if u rotate.

4. We do it alone when possible and think its easier, because then u dont have to think about when healers and dps start their challenges and Assasins and PT has no trouble there when using cd's and self heals properly. And it makes the start of phase 3 easier when u have tank with cd's ready before everyone else come back. But really it doesn't matter much, only thing u need to watch out for when 2 tanks go in is that dps will wait for a while before starting their challenge.