Please Rethink Changing Project Animation

Liquid_Drano

I have a 50 of both Assassin and Shadow. It's not that either is broken they both work fine, just not the same and I don't see what the problem is with a little difference in the classes. Out of hundreds and hundreds of pvp matches I've had someone stealth out of a project hit maybe twice. It's just not that big of a deal.

The current project system is often seen as a disadvantage over Shock, which isn't exactly right.

The delay from Project allows the global cooldown to end before the damages to apply. It allows to use another spell just after, providing more instant burst.

So it wasn't exactly mirrored, but it was still fine. The QQ from the first days were over, and there was no real need to change it.

Edited by Wassawp

That is a sad looking animation. At least leave the old animation in PvE. The new one is pretty uninspiring and combined with the rain of pebbles the consular attack tools look pretty pathetic.

I totally agree.

This is a terrible solution to project. Whoever did this should be shot. This animation is so bad it should not have even made it to the test server. Who does quality control?

Possible solutions:

A far better solution would be to lengthen the Sorc's version. You could have them charge electricity in their hands for half a sec. They would look cooler and it would be equal.

Or change the animation completely. Eg like using the force to pound and stagger the target. Animated well, it would look like it really hurts and the effects can then be instant.

This is a CHEAP, NASTY and LAZY solution by bioware. If this is the tone for improving Swtor in the future, then Swtor is dead. Its screwing sages twice over for not rolling sorc.

I totally agree.

This is a terrible solution to project. Whoever did this should be shot. This animation is so bad it should not have even made it to the test server. Who does quality control?

Possible solutions:

A far better solution would be to lengthen the Sorc's version. You could have them charge electricity in their hands for half a sec. They would look cooler and it would be equal.

Or change the animation completely. Eg like using the force to pound and stagger the target. Animated well, it would look like it really hurts and the effects can then be instant.

This is a CHEAP, NASTY and LAZY solution by bioware. If this is the tone for improving Swtor in the future, then Swtor is dead. Its screwing sages twice over for not rolling sorc.

I think the easiest thing to do would to be give Project a cast bar, and make Disturbance the auto cast

So what did you want?

1. I want them to ignore the community on this one, and leave Project the way it is on live. It is better in every way

precisely because of its delay and animation.

2. I would further like the community to make a point of knowing what it's talking about before asking for changes or

jumping on bandwagons, but I realize I'm being greedy and will settle for #1.

~Sig

1. I want them to ignore the community on this one, and leave Project the way it is on live. It is better in every way

precisely because of its delay and animation.

2. I would further like the community to make a point of knowing what it's talking about before asking for changes or

jumping on bandwagons, but I realize I'm being greedy and will settle for #1.

~Sig

Look, first off BW has to follow the mirror paradigm. Read peckenpaughs post on how it had server delay. It had to change for balance. Period. Balance with shock, balance with other classes instacasts.

Second, there is nothing jedi about junk throwing. It is a joke. Never seen on kotor 1 or 2 or any other official game as the hallmark of jedi. In a game where other classes get rocket launchers, missiles, autocannons, lightning, and flamethrowers...jedi get...rocks...junk...and pebbles... its tragic, really. Yes, project changed. The problem is, it hasnt changed enough.

I think the easiest thing to do would to be give Project a cast bar, and make Disturbance the auto cast

Excellent idea, has been suggested over and over.

Edited by Dyvim

I understand. People want Project and Shock to be equal, but the change is one of the few times that I'd say keep the animation over shortening the length. Why not lengthen Shock than? The new Lacerate for Ops is AWESOME, exactly what I was looking for, but this seriously doesn't look like much is happening with the animation. Removing one of the best animations in the game.

This. This X10 The NEW project animation is soo bad I would rather keep the delay.

I actually prefer this new project. Before you start Projecting stones at me, just think PvP for a second. This gives us a direct damage attack that doesn't show the enemy where the attack is coming from. It's an advantage to us. Before, you cast Project and the person that got hit just needs to head in the direction it came from, but now it just pops up from any side of the target and hits the target, you can keep your location hidden for one more attack, say FiB, then redo Project, Mind Crush, Project, weaken mind, project, FiB again. Nice cycle that has no animations that will lead the target to you. I"m for this change, I'm tired of my rocks just hanging in the air because my target disapeared when I could have had him with that last shot.