where are our bunny costumes

watermelonfan

Why couldn't we have gotten bunny costumes? They would be perfect, considering that its easter. Bunnies with lightsabers would be so adorable. Why didn't you do it Bioware? WHY?

game has already some very very VERY bad costumes (armor sets)

we dont want and worst than those

Is there any precedent anywhere in the SW EU for bunny analogues, though?

Even with Cartel / $$$-focus BioWare still tries to stay reasonably true to in-universe lore. Life Day / Christmas analogue was put into play by LucasFilm loooooong ago.

im sure there is some kind of rabbit looking race out there in the Star Wars universe B^)

Originally, their stance was no holidays except holidays which exist in the SW universe. Of course, then they put Jawagrams in the CM for Valentine's Day and an orange & black meditation chamber in the CM for Halloween. So can't say I'd have been surprised to see some sort of rabbit pet. Lore went out the window a long time ago in favor of appeasing the masses.

Jaxxon. :D

lol that's immediately where my mind went when I saw this thread.

Hey, if they wanna put in a Lepi NPC for a Life Day style event, I'd be on board with it. Maybe a smuggler who lost his cargo of whatever the SW equivalent of Frabergé Eggs are and now he needs help finding them. :)

Edited by DarthDymond

Technically speaking, the entire EU has been flushed and jettisoned with the exception of the Clone Wars cartoon.

They are starting over.

So thus far, no, no rabbits in Star Wars.

They have said they are open to taking character ideas and templates from the old EU and putting them into canon with a new name (mostly because DelRay owns part of the naming rights for those characters, so they would do this to avoid a legal issue), but I highly doubt much if anything from the old marvel comics makes the cut.

Technically speaking, the entire EU has been flushed and jettisoned with the exception of the Clone Wars cartoon.

They are starting over.

So thus far, no, no rabbits in Star Wars.

From the Galactic Ace Starfighter Pack: "Emote: Lepi Hop" - so whatever else happens, Lepi exist in SWTOR :D

They have said they are open to taking character ideas and templates from the old EU and putting them into canon with a new name (mostly because DelRay owns part of the naming rights for those characters, so they would do this to avoid a legal issue), but I highly doubt much if anything from the old marvel comics makes the cut.

Do you have a source for that? I ask because Del Rey was fully able to use characters and names from the Bantam Spectra era; Dark Horse has used names from the (original) Marvel run of comics; and various SW games (including SWTOR but especially SWG) have used names from the full gamut of different SW media publishers, be they novels, comics or other video games.

It seems like Lucas Arts has always been pretty savvy about retaining all the rights to anything that appears in the Star Wars universe - which isn't surprising since Lucas made his fortune off of knowing what rights to hold onto.

Edited by DarthDymond

And this is why we can't have nice things. Because every suggestion/idea has to pass the lore/immersion test. :(
Yes it does, because if the devs don't attempt to hold some of the universe's glue together, you stop having a Star Wars game and just start having a random sci fi clownfest.

It's very annoying when a game (or movie, or series, or book, ...) is crippled by overly-draconian adherence to preexisting lore, same as when people are overly-conservative IRL and hold back societal progress and evolution.

But it's also very annoying when an intellectual property becomes so arbitrary and diluted that you can't even recognize it any more.

There's a balancing act to allowing some expansion/modification of preexisting precedents, and not doing it so extremely or so quickly that it stops feeling like that same fictional environment.

The best fictional universes maintain some degree of focus and control over what the rules of their universe are, what fits and what doesn't, and this gives each successful fiction universe its particular flavor and immediately-identifiable look, feel, story, style, etc.