Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video

CourtneyWoods

I would have to agree as this being simply an add-on. I played CoH for nearly 10yrs.... This new planet is simply a new zone..... On CoH, new zones were part of the sub...... As well as the content associated with the new zone.

When CoH had an actual expansion you paid for it.... but it was an entire new "section" with 5 new zones, story line, and of course content.

There is a big difference between an add-on and an expansion when you are asking for people's money.,....

10 years? You played CoH for 10 years. The game was launched in North America on April 27, 2004 and in Europe (by NCsoft Europe) on February 4, 2005 with English, German and French language servers so you played at most 8 years, but i agree with your sentiments, CoH did expansions properly.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 years? You played CoH for 10 years. The game was launched in North America on April 27, 2004 and in Europe (by NCsoft Europe) on February 4, 2005 with English, German and French language servers so you played at most 8 years, but i agree with your sentiments, CoH did expansions properly.

I round it to 10 since I can't remember the year it came out haha....either way...it is a log time to be dedicated to playing a video game....and there is a reason why.... it's called lasting appeal. They were constantly adding new power sets, content, zones, rewards, classes, etc. etc. Not only that, they were addressing issues and bugs and keeping the player community updated as to what they were doing via the forums. The devs actually were active on the forums nearly every day....as well as in-game appearances. One of the devs "Synapse" used to actually go on SF and TF runs with our guild and other guilds once a week.....

I think that because the devs played the game with us, they were able to see it first hand. To me that is a company dedicated to their product. And the fact that the creators kept to their one game.... When you had an in-game issue and asked for a GM.... usually within 5-10mins a rep would appear in the game to see what's going on and report the bug.

Content keeps players.... CoH/CoV's biggest mistake was going F2P and the revamp of PvP..... It was a downward spiral from there....that, and the fact they tried to put another game on the market and all attention focused on that..... When the good content went away.... so did the subbers....and the game went off the air this last November.

By the way you cannot call this a free to play game and charge people for an expansion. just fyi.

yes they can, every free to play MMO does the same. heck for LOTRO, widely considered the best model, you're realisticly gonna have to pay if you wanna quest beyond level 25

Just a new planet and new quests?

Nothing really new?

I just came back from a long absence but what about dual spec ? Neutral relic before level 50 except matrix shard -neutral stuff to compete with dark/light stuffs? Gay-lesbian romances? Pazzack? Improved space battles -rogue squadron like? Old promises from first days? Orginal features compared to other MMO?

It's hard to find anything "recent" on these subjects. So, does that mean they have been forgotten?

Paying patch is the moment to put that kind of things.

Edited by Tarba

This was the first time I digitally pre-ordered an expansion pack for an MMO. Upon release does it simply automatically download when launching the game client or do I have to take alternative steps to unlock the content post-purchase? If anyone has any details on this minor issue, it would be really appreciated. Thanks all.

Yes, you will need the DLC to level and get new abilities, see the new planet, new story, new operations and flashpoints.

What is this "strong emphasis" on sgr are you referring to? Reading too much Fox News?

at least try to give the man honest facts.

its 1 new abilty per advanced class not abilities, 1 shared story not class stories, 1 new operation and the same old flashpoints raised for lvl 55.

not gonna judge your gaming standards but this sure looks like a DLC to me.

Edited by tzagheru

This was the first time I digitally pre-ordered an expansion pack for an MMO. Upon release does it simply automatically download when launching the game client or do I have to take alternative steps to unlock the content post-purchase? If anyone has any details on this minor issue, it would be really appreciated. Thanks all.

It should be automatic. The content in RotHC will download for everyone when the patch that contains it is released. People who have bought it should find it will unlock for them on the correct day. You may get an unlock item mailed to you in game if they want to do it that way or it may be that it is automatically applied to your account (the latter seems more likely).

its 1 new abilty per advanced class not abilities, 1 shared story not class stories, 1 new operation and the same old flashpoints raised for lvl 55.

idk my merc got a few new abilities.

also this is the start of the expansion content im pretty sure they will add more ops for free over time.

Let's clarify those facts a bit more. It's not 1 shared story, it's two - one Imperial side, one Republic side. And when I say "abilities" I'm talking about everyone in general.:rolleyes: Keep in mind any future content updates for level 55 will also require you to have ROTHC. They already mentioned there is another operation being worked on that will be released soon after (The Dread Masters one mentioned back in the early leaks, I assume).

Heh, didn't I even say "DLC?" My MMO gaming standards have unfortunately been mostly set by 7 years of WoW, so probably not very high.

Edited by chuixupu

Hi,

NOT just new planet and new quests, but THERE will be a huge detailed new planet with lots of new incredible locations to explore and quest most likely will be really good with lots of deep lore and achievements, I can't wait for this new digital expansions, I hate wen people pretending to be so smart saying ''Ooo I don't like this and that!'', go and make something like this......Aa I remember you don't know how!.....

Thank you Bioware and LucasArts!...

Edited by sandisrd

Hi,

NOT just new planet and new quests, but THERE will be a huge detailed new planet with lots of new incredible locations to explore and quest most likely will be really good with lots of deep lore and achievements, I can't wait for this new digital expansions, I hate wen people pretending to be so smart saying ''Ooo I don't like this and that!'', go and make something like this......Aa I remember you don't know how!.....

Thank you Bioware and LucasArts!...

good to know you are not even pretending ;)

I hope Bioware add few more new crystals like from force unleased 1 and 2 the unstable crystals be cool. just an idea so please no bad talk of it just idea i like put out there oh btw and the gear from star wars force unleased 1 and 2 and hope they open couple new servers up even if your running a top end pc or a low end pc there bad lag spikes popping up more with new servers added puts less lag for people playing merging servers put more stress on one server making people upset over lag spikes after each updates or daily bases.

• 2 weeks later...