HK-51: Minimum of 1 Empire and 1 Republic Toon On Same Server to Unlock

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so based on his remarks we have play both factions on 1 server to get this LEGACY companion to unlock. Not cool

He is cited as saying "you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side."

probably need to <> have to

There may be some alternative. Patience.

Edited by Kthx

He is cited as saying "you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side."

probably need to <> have to

There may be some alternative. Patience.

Probably

Adverb: Almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

When a developer tells you "probably," you might as well just do it.

Edited by Dezzi

Well thats flat out crap. I have a Republic server and a Imperial server, simply because whats the point of cluttering up a server with alts that can't help each other in terms of crafting/items/money?

Ummm WHAT? I send money and crafting items to my opposite faction on the same server all the time through mail.

Well thats flat out crap. I have a Republic server and a Imperial server, simply because whats the point of cluttering up a server with alts that can't help each other in terms of crafting/items/money?

You can do all these things since 1.2

Heh... someone here, very soon, will apply palm to face.

Ummm WHAT? I send money and crafting items to my opposite faction on the same server all the time through mail.

Exactly, you don't get the automatically spelled name when you start typing for your opposite faction toon, but as long as you remember how you spelled it the mail gets there sure enough.

uh you know you can mail stuff to other faction right?

People rolling alts on different servers is partial at fault for the population issues with have now. So I don't have to much sympathy for those players that have them in different places even though server transfer can fix it. That said I don't have a problem with this requirement it should be something you have to work at. Most people however already meet this requirement.

When a developer tells you "probably," you might as well just do it.

I agree that it sounds like that will definitely be the preferred path, but I'm suggesting that the OP wait and see to see if there is an alternate path. Dan Erickson seemed to have left that door open, if ever so slightly.

Personally, I only play rep classes, but I would try something on the imperial side to do this.

Well, I've been here since Early Access, so I didn't think you'd wind up being able to do cross-faction emails on the same server. Now, if you tell me I can now do Cross Faction+Cross-Server emails, I'll be dancing. Cause again, I made a Imp Server and a Rep Server, 4 of each class, 1 of each AC on it.

Well that is again another MASSIVE let down. First cathar and now forcing you to roll 2 50s one on either side. I dont want to roll the republic... They were screwed over by bioware with terrible stories... Terrible looking player ships... Terrible animations and terrible looking armour. Not to mention their companions mostly suck. I am in the process of leveling my second 50 already and its an imp. Dropping a bomb like this so late in the game is just a huge dump on players.

First the cathar and now this!!!! I am so annoyed at the pathetic choices that bioware are making atm. I am rapidly loosing interest in this game if they are insisting on forcing us to roll hundreds of alts and make te game all about the grind. What about te rich starwars lore that we were all hoping to explore? That has just been flushed down the tube by their terrible devs/writers.

I will say right now that if you do not have people on both sides of the war, you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side

Gather round, children. Forumites lost the meaning, they had. Embarassing, this is.

Seriously... what do you read in the above quote? He is pretty much saying that IF you don`t already have chars on both factions, you probably need to.

He is dead serious on the need for both sides.

The "probably" is for the free arbiter, for the player, if it wants the companion or not.

Forumite translation : If you want HK-51, you WILL need chars on both sides. So, you`d better roll now, IF you want him, that is.

Well that is again another MASSIVE let down. First cathar and now forcing you to roll 2 50s one on either side. I dont want to roll the republic... They were screwed over by bioware with terrible stories... Terrible looking player ships... Terrible animations and terrible looking armour. Not to mention their companions mostly suck. I am in the process of leveling my second 50 already and its an imp. Dropping a bomb like this so late in the game is just a huge dump on players.

First the cathar and now this!!!! I am so annoyed at the pathetic choices that bioware are making atm. I am rapidly loosing interest in this game if they are insisting on forcing us to roll hundreds of alts and make te game all about the grind. What about te rich starwars lore that we were all hoping to explore? That has just been flushed down the tube by their terrible devs/writers.

Have you tried a Smuggler yet? If you like the Sniper/Operative, you will probably like the Gunslinger/Scoundrel. Cool looking armor, a good crew, and a classic ship design. And a damn good story.

Edited by Captain_Zone