My last forum post and farewell speech. It has been fun.

Hissant

Allow me to introduce myself. I am 14 years old and I reside in Oregon. I was born in Miami, Florida and moved to Oregon for my father's business. When I was 12 years old, people at school always bullied me. I was scared to go to school. I needed an escape. I needed a virtual world where nobody could bully me and I could have freedom to express myself. As soon as my father showed me Mario Cart for the Nintendo 64 I thought to myself "I had to have more." I found that adrenaline rush through computer video games. My first MMO was World Of Warcraft, where I played a Rogue. I quit WoW until SWTOR was released, and that is where my true journey began.

My name on The Swiftsure was Hyssant. I was considered by many to be the best PvP Powertech on that server, no questions asked. My guild (Strictly Business) claimed the server first Soa the Infernal and Karagga the Unyielding kills. Two members of my guild were the first two 50's on the server, and also the first two Battlemasters on the server.

I've been playing a Pyrotech Powertech since beta access. From the start of it, I was always fond of their complex rotation. I found it very similar to a Feral Druid in WoW. It really gave me that motivation to keep trying to get better at it. After transferring from The Swiftsure to The Bastion, I earned the reputation as the best Pyrotech Powertech on The Bastion. I was the second in the world to 2200 and 2400 rating, next to one of my guildmates, who was world first. We are currently at 2800+ rating (got lazy after world first 2400) and still climbing up there. My guild (Strictly Business) is considered the best on my server as well. We have been doing Ranked Warzones ever since they were released and we now hold the record of three hundred and six wins, and twenty three losses.

Star Wars: The Old Republic has been a terrible game since it was ever released. I realized this shortly after hitting level fifty. The end game raiding is too easy (hence why I stopped raiding) and the PvP bugs are inexcusable. Half of my losses in Ranked Warzones are due to stuck-in-spawn bugs and random disconnects. There are bugs that have been in this game since release and to this day have not been fixed. For instance, the Ravage bug, the stuck-in-spawn bug, using an ability and taking up a global cooldown but not actually using the ability bug, the casting an ability and not showing a cast-bar but still casting the ability successfully, and the going invisible after using Infiltrate bug (after ability is over and non-stealthers). This is just a short list of MANY bugs that still exist in the game (with more to come assuming this game lasts to patch 1.5). I've known since December that I have only been playing this game to waste time until Elder Scrolls Online comes out (the last month is always the hardest)!

The lack of competition on my server is another reason why this game is a failure. Cross-server queing is a simple technology, especially in this day in age. It is the 19th century and BioWare is still unable to allow players to cross-server que and also return back to a warzone after disconnecting. They aren't even able to fix bugs that have existed since release, so I shouldn't be expecting much as of now. On my server, there are literally two other guilds that I actually have to try against. After defeating both of them multiple times in a row, they have resorted to que-dodging us via my guild mate's live stream (which you can find at http://www.twitch.tv/MediaSWTOR), and there is now absolutely ZERO competition on my server. I have almost considered totally shutting down my stream until Elder Scrolls Online is released, but I respect my fans too much to just shut it down altogether. This is just another reason why cross-server queing should be implemented.

The process you have to go through simply to change the look of a piece of armor is absolutely ridiculous. It costs over 100,000 credits just to remove the mods and augment from one piece of gear in order to transfer them to a better looking piece. Before release, BioWare stated that this game is about the player. It's about what the player wants to do in the Star Wars universe and how customizable it would be. (2.0 sux the nerfs they did to pyrotech blahblahxczzlkds i am bad.) They send there would be endless possibilities in the Star Wars universe. But what is it now? Spending potentially millions just to re-mod gear, add MK-6 slots to gear, and then PAYING TO ADD THE AUGMENT SLOT AFTER CRAFTING IT YOURSELF? And endless possibilities? You mean doing house chores and errands until 6:00 PST to wait for my friends to do Rated Warzones? Sure, it's not my fault that they can't play until 6:00 PST. But the fact that I have no motivation to play this game unless they're online is just a massive fault in this game. PvP is the only competitive aspect of this game. I DO NOT mind that at all. But the fact that they wasted their time and money on voice acting, designing Flashpoints, and fixing emoticons in major patches is absolutely absurd.

Flashpoints are absolutely useless. I didn't do a single Flashpoint on my 50 Powertech and I was full Rakata in less than two weeks. The only reason Dungeons were popular in World of Warcraft were because they offered endgame gear and currencies. And they did it correctly. They actually had a required gear level to que for specific dungeons. But how is it in SWTOR? Terrible. They waited until 1.3 to even release a group finder. The group finder doesn't even work 50% of the time. The group finder has no way of filtering out players based on skill or gear. They also waited until 1.3 to even include endgame commendations as a reward. BioWare also didn't realize that they made Flashpoints useless in 1.3. With the release of Denova, my guild was able to carry my fresh level 50 alt up to full Rakata in literally two days. Who needs to do Flashpoints with random incompetent players when you can go with an organized group and get all the gear you need to be ready for Denova? Allow me to correct myself. Who needs to do Flashpoints when you can do Story Mode raids to get starter level gear?

This is where it ends. As soon as it's September 21st, I'm out of here and onto Elder Scrolls Online. Will it be an amazing game? Well you never know until you start playing. All I know is it takes a lot of effort to fail like BioWare did. Some of the things that this company has done are absolutely absurd and are extremely unprofessional, especially coming from a big name like BioWare. I will never be buying a video game developed by BioWare ever again, unless it is Mass Effect 4. Elder Scrolls may not be an AMAZING game like many claim it to be, but I promise all of you reading this that there's no way Bethesda could fail as much as BioWare did. At this point in time, RuneScape is a superior video game to Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'd be playing RuneScape if Elder Scrolls Online wasn't coming out in only a few months. Thank you all for reading. I just have some people that I would like to say goodbye to.

Theme (Diagetic) - Wow. What can I say? I will really miss you from the bottom of my heart. It was so fun playing with you and I almost don't want to quit so I can stay together with you. You have given me the best memories I have had on SWTOR and I hate to quit. I hope that you will come play Elder Scrolls Online with me. I will even buy you the game if that is what it takes.

Deft - You seriously have improved over the few months that you have been playing. I am glad that you have taken the lessons that I have taught you about Pyrotech's complex rotation and you have effectively applied them to your playstyle. I could go as far as saying that you are almost as good as me at playing a Pyrotech.

Phal - Thank you Phal for giving me an invite to Strictly Business. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be the best Powertech on the server. You kick started my career into Star Wars and you have my forever lasting gratitude for that.

Cameronz - Thank you for stream sniping Media's stream. But I will admit you are a better Powertech than Deft (but not me).

Into the Darkness - Thank you for an invite to your guild (on my alt). It was one of the best opportunities I've had. I learned a lot from you guys, and in the future, guilds will fear you. You guys are progressing at a scary rate.

Taisia - One of the best guild leaders I have ever met. You created Into the Darkness, and for that, I thank you. Like I said above, your guild will become one of the best in the future. You taught me and your guild members many lessons that I will remember for the rest of my life. You are hands down the best Powertech tank I have seen. Your ability to utilize oil slick is truly astonishing and unheard of. If anyone isn't familiar with you, they will be in the near future.

Illusion - Thank you for confirming the stereotype that all girls are horrendous at video games, and that they should be making me sandwiches instead.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

Q: Can I have your Skype and phone number so we can keep in touch?

A: Sorry, only Theme will have access to that information, because we have a special bond with each other.

Q: But the Powertech changes on 2.0 aren't that bad!! Why are you quitting???

A: It wasn't just 2.0 that made me quit, the fact that Bioware was able to mess up thei blabsjlkjlfmx i am bad.

Q: Can we play Elder Scrolls Online together?

A: I will only be playing it with Theme, sorry. I have had too many people ask me this question and it is almost impossible to get back to them. If you have any further inquiries regarding this issue, feel free to reroute them to my secretary, Deft.

Q: Will you ever come back to SWTOR?

A: Most likely not. I may come back if BioWare is able to get theirblkaljcblahblah i am bad.

Edited by Hissant

If it was a genuine farewell you wouldn't spend so much time talking about how "great" you were. instead your message is one last egotistical pat on your own back. You seem to believe that the game will be less off without you.

No one will remember your name in a week. Hell, i scarcely remember your name after typing this message.

I've known since December that I have only been playing this game to waste time until Guild Wars 2 comes out (the last month is always the hardest)!

Nice copy and paste farewell, but incomplete editing. If you're gonna troll, at least do it right and switch out all the references to guild wars and old patches. I think you should have directly adapted Wakalord's oscar acceptance speech instead, would have been funnier.

You claim to be the best at a game which you spend the next 4 paragraphs flaming as a joke and worthless. You claim to have the best RWZ record in TOR and in the next sentence speak to how you have zero competition on your server.

Bottom line you spend all day talking sh*t about a game that you have paid for monthly since release. If it sucks then stop playing it. But then you would have to actually play a balanced game where you couldn't faceroll casuals all day long and call it skill.

BTW if you are going to boycott anyone for the train-wreck that is TOR, it should be EA. They have a knack for ruining franchises for profits(See Mass Effect 3).

You claim to be the best at a game which you spend the next 4 paragraphs flaming as a joke and worthless. You claim to have the best RWZ record in TOR and in the next sentence speak to how you have zero competition on your server.

Bottom line you spend all day talking sh*t about a game that you have paid for monthly since release. If it sucks then stop playing it. But then you would have to actually play a balanced game where you couldn't faceroll casuals all day long and call it skill.

BTW if you are going to boycott anyone for the train-wreck that is TOR, it should be EA. They have a knack for ruining franchises for profits(See Mass Effect 3).

You do know a troll post when you see one right?