Vaders Future

Crawelc

My main fear in this retcon, reboot, whatever you want to call it. Are they going to take Vader from being an IBA Sith killing Jedi 5 at a time, and turn him into some kind of sad anti-hero full of remorse and grief. I don't want wussy vader. I hope the new book is good, I really do.

They probably won't, in fact he'll probably end up being more powerful than before or roughly the same.

I hope he remains the same. He was strong but not ridiculously overpowered with no flaw character like some other crap characters in Star Wars...

I hope he remains the same. He was strong but not ridiculously overpowered with no flaw character like some other crap characters in Star Wars...

People like to throw that term around a lot don't they?...I guess i'll never understand when you guys keep typing out 'overpowered' and 'ridiculously' terms in relation to SW characters.

At any rate, he probably will be more powerful, in fact he really should be considering who he is. Especially since Marvel is getting the comic rights next year...what they are gonna put out(more than likely if anyone knows/reads Marvel comics) is gonna make what Darkhorse has done to Star Wars comics, look like childs play.

But we shall wait and see.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

People like to throw that term around a lot don't they?...I guess i'll never understand when you guys keep typing out 'overpowered' and 'ridiculously' terms in relation to SW characters.

Maybe because they don't make good stories...

"Oh my god, Exar Kun is unbeatable. What should we do?"

"Wall of Light"

"Uhm, what?"

"You know, that random made up power we just invented. Totally not deus ex machina..."

Edited by cs_zoltan

"Wall of Light"

"Uhm, what?"

"You know, that random made up power we just invented. Totally not deus ex machina..."

Ok...and? What stories don't at times, have a deus ex machina? It also wasn't made up on the spot, it was mentioned before it was actually used.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ok...and? What stories don't at times, have a deus ex machina? It also wasn't made up on the spot, it was mentioned before it was actually used.

Just sayin'

Too strong protagonists are boring, for obvious reasons. And too strong villains lead to deus ex machina. I'm glad you have no problem with this but I hope you can understand why others might not like it.

Edited by cs_zoltan

Just sayin'

Too strong protagonists is boring, for obvious reasons. And too strong villains lead to deux ex machina. I'm glad you have no problem with this but I hope you can understand why others might not like it.

I can and I have been spoiled by DC/Marvel comics, so I have a hard time seeing any SW character as 'overpowered' or 'ridiculous' by comparison.

Because it's been overdone and most find it uninteresting. When they find it uninteresting they stop being fans and Disney will stop making profit, so it's lose for them unless they keep things interesting since the whole point of them owning Star Wars is to make a profit.

Edited by Sadishist

Because it's been overdone and most find it uninteresting. When they find it uninteresting they stop being fans and Disney will stop making profit, so it's lose for them unless they keep things interesting since the whole point of them owning Star Wars is to make a profit.

Which I'm pretty sure that they will.

So you guys may think! You underestimate the power of Marvel comics!

But we shall see what comes.

I am perfectly aware of Marvel comics and their 'style' so to speak.

Heck, if Vader is portrayed as ultimate BA then I don't have a complaint.

I imagine Vader will stay pretty much the same. Rebels looks to have the inquisitor to kick around so Vader doesn't get the Grievous treatment and wind up as a punchline.

I certainly hope that is the case.

"Wall of Light"

"Uhm, what?"

Lol what? Wall of Light was created in Dark Empire, though it wasn't named this at the time

, 'Band of Light' was used by the spirits of all the Jedi to stop Palpatine from returning again, it was also used in Tales of the Jedi before it was to trap Kun, when Odan-Urr used it to cut off Massassi Warriors from Naga Sadow and was also used in it's lesser variant 'Sever Force' by many before it was used on Kun.

Your statement is flawed, it was not invented to defeat Kun.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Lol what? Wall of Light was created in Dark Empire, though it wasn't named this at the time

, 'Band of Light' was used by the spirits of all the Jedi to stop Palpatine from returning again, it was also used in Tales of the Jedi before it was to trap Kun, when Odan-Urr used it to cut off Massassi Warriors from Naga Sadow and was also used in it's lesser variant 'Sever Force' by many before it was used on Kun.

Your statement is flawed, it was not invented to defeat Kun.

Gratz on missing the point entirely. But I didn't expect you not to protect Kun or his story anyway...

So you guys may think! You underestimate the power of Marvel comics!

But we shall see what comes.

Well given that future comics are now canon and everything is being overseen by the Story Group I assume that they will ensure each entry into continuity stays true to certain ideal. In this case movie Vader.

But we shall see, I'm interested to see how stylized future works will be. We can always appeal to the foggy window.

Gratz on missing the point entirely. But I didn't expect you not to protect Kun or his story anyway...

Nice manners you have there, instant vieled attempt at calling me a fangirl just for holding an opinion.

Oh and I didn't miss your point but your example was poor.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Nice manners you have there, instant vieled attempt at calling me a fangirl just for holding an opinion.

Oh and I didn't miss your point but your example was poor.

My manners reflect yours so maybe next time don't start your post with "Lol what?" and what not.

Also I didn't call you anything, but the moment I saw you replied to this thread I knew exactly what it's about (lucky guess? I don't think so) and I was right.

And my example wasn't poor just sarcastic. Whether they just invented wall of light or not it was a deus ex machina, and THAT was my point.

Edited by cs_zoltan

My manners reflect yours so maybe next time don't start your post with "Lol what?" and what not.

Also I didn't call you anything, but the moment I saw you replied to this thread I knew exactly what it's about (lucky guess? I don't think so) and I was right.

And my example wasn't poor just sarcastic. Whether they just invented wall of light or not it was a deus ex machina, and THAT was my point.

You assumed wrongly that it was a mark of derision, when i was merely baffled by the fact you called one of the oldest powers in the EU Dues Ex Machina and assumed it was invented to stop Exar Kun, this is wrong.

Your point or not it was a false statement, whether it involves Kun or not doesn't matter, Wall of Light is nearly as old as the EU itself, Wall of Light is not a Dues Ex Machina, it it not infallible and it most certainly is not an 'I Win' card like a actual Dues Ex Machina is.

Want a Dues Ex Machina? go read the Cade Skywalker series and I agree with Wolf, pretty much everything seen in the EU is lightweight compared to MARVEL.

Edited by LadyKulvax