Color crystal reverse engineering schematic.

petofly

I was not playing for few years and came back. Can somebody tell me why schematics from reverse engineering of color crystals were removed ? To be honest I do not see any viable reason to run artifice at all.

Define "viable"...

I'm pretty sure, for example, that I can craft Black/Deep Red dye modules(1) for cheaper than people sell them on the GTN.

(1) Schematic from the <Reputation Vendor> on Oricon.

I was not playing for few years and came back. Can somebody tell me why schematics from reverse engineering of color crystals were removed ? To be honest I do not see any viable reason to run artifice at all.

No one knows for sure. Personally, I think it is broken (i.e. the ability to reverse engineer schematics for Cyan, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Black-Orange, Black-Purple, etc. from the looted versions in operations or those crafted by other players). However, the ability to learn schematics from other high end gear made by other players was removed with 4.0 starting with item rating 234 and up ... basically any of the schematics that dropped as part of Galactic Command. I believe the devs did not want players learning the schematics through RE from any of the newer stuff, but they probably broke the 1.x color crystals in the process.

If the devs bring back the schematics as fully tradeable loot, and restore the ability to reverse engineer from LOOTED versions of the color crystals, then I would be OK with not being able to RE from player-crafted versions. But regardless, they should be brought back.

There's plenty of viable reasons to run artifice, because dye modules always sell well. That fact doesn't diminish the importance of bringing back those color crystals.

Define "viable"...

I'm pretty sure, for example, that I can craft Black/Deep Red dye modules(1) for cheaper than people sell them on the GTN.

(1) Schematic from the <Reputation Vendor> on Oricon.

Yeah, well one thing is to craft dye modules, but still. In current time, there is nothing for endgame, that artifice is viable. Even those color crystals are more of vanity items. I know about dye modules, believe me I know them all, but I'd love to have ability to craft maybe relics. I know I can, but who would bother when you get full set of 306 relics just by running few veteran FPs. Biochem has stims and adrenals (reusables only for biochemists) thats their thing. Cybertech now got this new meterial for 300 augments. Which I found quite niche when you take prices and availability into account.

What artifice has?

Faster runs of Athiss and black-red dye modules for all the edge lords in the empire. It feels not viable.

There're also a couple of tacticals, that aren't really used.... but TBH since they returned reusables to bio the only mechanically useful crafts have been Bio followed by the 3 augment crafts (Arms/Armor/Synth). All Artifice has are vanity consumables. The fact that Cyber got a new material is sort of a bad joke, since they don't even have the vanity stuff that artifice has (grenades are barely useful, half the ship parts were undermined, not that anyone wants them, and custom speeders were undermined from day 0).

This sort of goes for all the skills, but I think Artifice in particular does need more schematics. Even for creating crystals and dyes, the ones you get from the crafting vendor and the few you get out in the world are very boring. (I really don't know of many dropped schematics but I know TFB/SnV still drop the same colored crystals all the time LOL).

What I would have liked the recent augment update to do is: instead of ranked and MM ops dropping new mats for augments nobody wanted, have them get a small chance to reward you with special crafting schematics for valuable dyes, color crystals, armstech weapons, armormech armors, etc. which are almost as tough to craft as the new augments are.

Though that will probably never happen, since most of the items I'm thinking of schematics for are on the CM or on the GTN listed for at least 100M credits. Why would they give us access to that fancy cosmetic stuff just for playing the game when they can lock it exclusively behind Cartel Coins?