Exploits and Galactic Command

EricMusco

Lmfaaooooo

Figuring out a mini boss kills himself with a mechanic = exploit? Which gives 20cxp and saves the group 1~ minute... Ok yup sounds like a massive advantage to me.

So I think all of us vets who figured out how to skip mini bosses(which sometimes included resetting them) in FPs should be punished for exploiting too. Fairs fair right? Since apparently this is your new definition of an exploit.

Edited by Radzkie

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to add that what is allowed and what is intended are different. The game is intended to be played and many players do not. Trash is intended to be fought and workarounds are happening and they are allowed. Stealthing through a flashpoint was NOT intended, but it is allowed... or was...

Lmfaaooooo

Figuring out a mini boss kills himself with a mechanic = exploit? Which gives 20cxp and saves the group 1~ minute... Ok yup sounds like a massive advantage to me.

So I think all of us vets who figured out how to skip mini bosses(which sometimes included resetting them) in FPs should be punished for exploiting too. Fairs fair right? Since apparently this is your new definition of an exploit.

Nah, that's obviously an intended mechanic. No different than using retaliatory grip on HM MB. This mini boss just has less health.

Edited by Ambramotte

I would just like to add that what is allowed and what is intended are different. The game is intended to be played and many players do not. Trash is intended to be fought and workarounds are happening and they are allowed. Stealthing through a flashpoint was NOT intended, but it is allowed... or was...

Sure it was intended, they gave certain classes stealth and hard CC. That's like saying popping Sabre Reflect on Torque in 3.0 or on NiM Terror's scream is an exploit. Clearly it was intended to work otherwise the devs would have put a check in there to make SR not work. If they change it, fine. But they're smart designers, they tested it, and they're watching the numbers ... therefore working as intended ... therefore not an exploit.

These things are in no way like the stack cloaning or getting loot from a boss you didn't kill. Those are clearly not working as intended. But boss mechanics? They've thoroughly tested those and they monitor the numbers. It's absolutely intended.

Edited by Ambramotte

Fractured should be fixed because of the suicide bug on the last boss. But to call it an exploit? You force us into playing the game the way YOU want us to (even ben said that in one of your streams). Even without the bug, Fractured would still be the quickest uprising to run and therefore people would still be farming that uprising over any other.

As half the server seems to be doing it I think Biowares "threat" to reset CXP is an empty one.

Edited by Kheld

Bioware wouldn't dare reset all those peoples command experience levels. It has been so widespread it is now beyond punishment.

I would like to add that the cxp thing is so ludicrous people are willing to try to speed up leveling regardless of consequence. If bioware read between the lines they would see this for what it is, an attempt to salvage something out of this farce that is command experience.

Hey folks,

As we move towards the expansion launch, I wanted to post a reminder about our exploit policy and to talk about how it will work with Galactic Command. First, a general reminder on what to do if you think you have discovered an exploit:

• Discontinue the questionable action immediately.
  • Send a private message to myself or Tait Watson on the forums with any and all details you have on the issue. Do not make a public post with this information.
  • Submit an in-game bug report.
  • If you happen to hear about a possible exploit, do not test it yourself. This can leave you open to action being taken against your account.

With those reminders in place, let's talk about Galactic Command and specifically Command Experience Points (CXP). When you reach level 70, most activities in the game will reward you with CXP, which will earn you Command Ranks and subsequently Command Crates. Since Command Crates are your source of end-game gear we are going to be extra diligent and harsh on exploits relating to CXP. As a reminder, an exploit is using the game in an unintended manner to gain an advantage, typically through the use of a bug or subversion of game mechanics.

If anyone is discovered to have abused an exploit related to CXP we intend to take severe action, including:

• Resetting that character(s) Command Rank to 1
  • Stripping all gear/items earned from Galactic Command
  • Standard ToS action up to and including permanent ban

Again, if you discover an exploit, please refrain from using it and report it to us privately as soon as possible. Thanks everyone!

-eric

Eric, would you agree that going into a pvp match and standing in the corner or throwing matches to farm CXP is an exploit.

It's certainly not playing the game as intended and they are exploiting the system to get rewards they haven't earned.

It's probably why I am seeing lots of bots in pvp now. In the past we hardly saw any unless there was an easy reward they could use. Now I'm seeing multiple bots.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm genuinely curious how long it's going to take them to realize Galactic Command isn't worth salvaging. Hopefully before they are forced to shut the servers down this time around. Edited by Vinak

Eric, would you agree that going into a pvp match and standing in the corner or throwing matches to farm CXP is an exploit.

It's certainly not playing the game as intended and they are exploiting the system to get rewards they haven't earned.

It's probably why I am seeing lots of bots in pvp now. In the past we hardly saw any unless there was an easy reward they could use. Now I'm seeing multiple bots.

Very well said..Same could be said for ranked wintrading, which is at epidemic levels now.

I'm genuinely curious how long it's going to take them to realize Galactic Command isn't worth salvaging. Hopefully before they are forced to shut the servers down this time around.

Bioware wont admit defeat about the command rank debacle, to get rid of it would [in their eyes] make them look weak. They send out questionnaires, ask the bloggers and youtubers for community feedback. In truth they have all the feedback and clarity they need. The writing is on the wall.

Bioware wont admit defeat about the command rank debacle, to get rid of it would [in their eyes] make them look weak. They send out questionnaires, ask the bloggers and youtubers for community feedback. In truth they have all the feedback and clarity they need. The writing is on the wall.

Yes, it is. But they spent their development budget on a fancy blur trailer instead of on game development. So, now they have nowhere to go. They painted themselves into a corner with the KOTET story and they painted themselves into a corner with their lack of actual game design. The best thing that could happen is giving the game to another studio, the second best is cleaning house on the management at BWA. However, either of those will require spending a good deal of money on game design and development to try to revive it and I don't know that EA will actually want to invest more to try to save the game.

Yes, it is. But they spent their development budget on a fancy blur trailer instead of on game development. So, now they have nowhere to go. They painted themselves into a corner with the KOTET story and they painted themselves into a corner with their lack of actual game design. The best thing that could happen is giving the game to another studio, the second best is cleaning house on the management at BWA. However, either of those will require spending a good deal of money on game design and development to try to revive it and I don't know that EA will actually want to invest more to try to save the game.

I agree with everything you say here.

Development budget =/= media/promotions budget.

• 4 weeks later...
Would wearing DVL armor in pvp be considered an exploit because Bolster is broken on it and it gives an unfair advantage to people who don't have DvL armor

Lol no. That in no way gives you an advantage in cxp gains unless you'd have a full team in that gear versus non dvl players. Scales better with bolster and gives better stats, sure but it's rather unharmful in nature. Might be considered for rated pvp but given the amount of people wearing it and people wearing dvl so they can counter them they will not take action. They should have banned all operatives exploiting healing bugs or assassins in double stance. Or people using reactive warding relics back in the day.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Would wearing DVL armor in pvp be considered an exploit because Bolster is broken on it and it gives an unfair advantage to people who don't have DvL armor

Who cares? Almost everyone who played then has it and uses it to level. But it's not an advantage because the armor-rating is only 128.

• 4 weeks later...

Im retuning player, i finished my new content (i like it) but im mostly a pvp player so, have the new gear is more harder and more boring.

i cant rank with my gear, i cant upgrade my gear cuz i need to open 10kbox and i force to buy tier1 upgrade tier2 to finaly get my final gear? that is insame

Before that was rly easy get my gear. Like starting on lvl 10 doing only wz when i reach 60 i have full hear to rank up. now? i have to spend months to try to gear up ?! da*** men

SRY for my english

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Exploiters or hackers, too many people in wz server count. If there is multiple games on why have instance if not used there is like 40 imp players 30 of hem level 70. That not including republic players. Other players moving quickly like super speed, people use fake death to avoid actual dying and exploiting to get to pylons quickly. Oh and why does my moves not work the same for everyone else. Either they are lying or they cheat and changed the meters. Because phase walk barely goes half way across an arena let alone the full arena. Static bubble does not heal if someone is hitting you. And 5.2 was lagging free for me I could get some of the datacrons I couldn't because of the lag and refresh problems. It's back to being bad again.