(BUG) Marka Ragnos set not showing in Collections

Shefu

Sorry to bug you again, Tait, but it seems only part of the problem has been solved.

2.7.1 patch notes say: The Marka Ragnos Armor Set now unlocks in Collections if pieces were purchased from the Interplanetary Component Exchange (I.C.E.) vendor."

But what about all the other items purchased from the Interplanetary Component Exchange (I.C.E.) vendor? This bug goes for everything the vendor sells; not just the Marka Ragnos set! There is another thread about other items like Trophy Hunter's Mask and Series 505 Cybernetic armor set. I have an I.C.E.-bought Trophy Hunter's Mask which is still bound and still not added to Collections. Equipping doesn't help. Please fix all the other stuff too! :/

(But thanks again for the quick attempt at sorting the problem)

No worries, those are on our radar as well! I'll make sure the team has an updated list of things that aren't unlocking properly so we can get it sorted out. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I was redirected to this thread from here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=719503&page=4

This is still an issue. I've been trying to get the Series 808 set to click but it's not showing up in my collection. I have pieces that I have collected from packs, the vendor and I believe purchased off of the GTN.

I have tried both relogging as well as exiting the game while wearing the armour. The two hour count down has run out as well.

I do note one thing though. The head piece still has the red asterisk at the upper right of the icon. All the other pieces that I purchased from the vendor no longer have the asterisk.

Have to admit that I find this annoying as I'm a collector and am working towards 100% complete on collections.

Thanks

• 8 months later...
There is another thread about other items like Trophy Hunter's Mask and Series 505 Cybernetic armor set. I have an I.C.E.-bought Trophy Hunter's Mask which is still bound and still not added to Collections. Equipping doesn't help.

No worries, those are on our radar as well! I'll make sure the team has an updated list of things that aren't unlocking properly so we can get it sorted out. Thanks!

Almost a year later, this bug remains unattended.

Haven't tried the Series 505 Cybernetic armor set, but the Trophy Hunter's Mask is NOT unlocking in Collections.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Dear Tait, it's been a year since you fixed Marka Ragnos. Why haven't you fixed the rest yet? :/

Dear Tait, it's been a year since you fixed Marka Ragnos. Why haven't you fixed the rest yet? :/

"Falling through the cracks" comes to mind... :o

On a positive note, CD unlocked my Trophy Hunter's mask and the Series 505 Cybernetic armor set in less than 24hs. Kudos to them.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 4 months later...
Is there any update on whether or not items we buy from rep vendors will be unlocked in collections?

May or may not be so relevant as I went to a different vendor but...

I would think not as I just encountered this bug when trying to get the Dramatic Exovert (I think that's the correct name) Armor Set from the Binary Star Realty vendor on the fleet into my collections. I have submitted a ticket and then found this post when researching to see if this thing is a bug or not.

It's strange as I have done it with other armor sets before and they have unlocked just fine, I just needed to wait for the refund timer to go down.

• 1 month later...
May or may not be so relevant as I went to a different vendor but...

I would think not as I just encountered this bug when trying to get the Dramatic Exovert (I think that's the correct name) Armor Set from the Binary Star Realty vendor on the fleet into my collections. I have submitted a ticket and then found this post when researching to see if this thing is a bug or not.

It's strange as I have done it with other armor sets before and they have unlocked just fine, I just needed to wait for the refund timer to go down.

In the same boat, though I know how shady things tend to be in SWToR (no doubt due to EA's corporate b.s.) so seeing as the armor pieces had the little logo and were from a separate source, I was inclined to look this up before I mixed what pieces I got from this huge pack sale with the ones available at the reputation vendor.

Needless to say it's rather unfortunate that we have to be so wary since the game's business model is so darn convoluted. And not only this, but we can't get straight answers from the devs on most issues. Don't get me wrong, the devs have done a fantastic job and SWToR is a better game than most give it credit for. It's reputation is just marred by the anti-consumer tactics employed by EA, or possibly BioWare's corporate b0ss (whoever that may be).

Tangent aside, I think I'll wait for an answer before I spend what little Cartel Market Certificates I have on the missing pieces of my Dramatic Extrovert set.

PS: @Tait, I'm glad to see you were as helpful as you could be, given the odd/buggy situation. I hope communication between PR and the devs is solid enough. If you could, please get back to us asap because it seems that some people are still having issues with the rep sets that are not reputation exclusive and can also be found in the Cartel Market Packs.

PPS: Apologies for the ~2 month necro but I won't feel comfortable until a SWToR rep. officially answers this. ;~;

Edited by LindsLektra
Figured I'd explain the relative necropost.

• 2 months later...
Support is still claiming that reputation items should not unlock collections. I finally got a response from in game ticket after a month.

Support is partially correct and may not know the difference.

I have purchased nearly everything from all the reputation vendors and this is how it used to work (correctly)

1. Things that are reputation ONLY (not also found in cartel packs) do NOT unlock in collections. This is double confirmed by the fact that you can view those sets in cartel collections and it clearly states on the item window "copies only come from reputation vendor) and those rep only sets do not have reclaim buttons (and never did)

2. Things that are ALSO from cartel packs SHOULD unlock in collections, you can tell which ones these are because when you view them in collections they have the reclaim button (which may not be lit up for you yet, but it's there); and the description in collections will also tell you the pack it's from

3. Confusion happens because of the TIMERS. Pets and mounts (which are also from cartel packs) create their collection unlock instantly upon use because: they bind to you the moment they get used. Every mount/pet which was reputation purchased by me has unlocked into collections this way without issue.

Armor does not function this way. All of the armor comes with a refund timer. That refund timer does not go away when you put it on. Armor with a refund timer is not yet bound to you and does not unlock in collections until AFTER the timer has run out, and the item binds to you completely. (timer gone + worn)

Note: the refund timer does not run down while you are offline, you will need to stay on the character long enough (over time) for the timer to run out and then put on the armor and then it SHOULD be in collections for unlock (the same way pets and mounts do when you bind them upon use)

So; for anyone claiming the reputation vendor items do not unlock to collections:

1. is it a reputation only set?

~yes: those don't unlock and collections tells you this ~ no:

2. have you waited for the timer to run out?

~no: wait longer ~ yes:

3. did you put it on again after the timer ran out?

~no: try this, I had to do it for revan mask to unlock my set (I had the rest of the parts from gtn) ~ yes:

If it still hasn't unlocked to collections: what is the set? so others can confirm whether that one has ever worked before or if it was a recent bug.

... Tangent aside, I think I'll wait for an answer before I spend what little Cartel Market Certificates I have ...

And how little any of us have anymore. As someone that's bought way too many hypercrates I liked haveing certs to spend. I could still use more even if just for deco. The removal of certs from the new pack types is very disconcerting. There was a time when i had 200+ certs; now I've been sitting on my last 30 for a couple of months afraid to spend them because it's near impossible to get more (without paying stupidly high prices for old hypercrates people had stashed away)

• 4 weeks later...

If it still hasn't unlocked to collections: what is the set? so others can confirm whether that one has ever worked before or if it was a recent bug.

Since it took them a month to answer my timers were definitely gone. The sets that didn't unlock for me were:

Dramatic Extrovert

Mira's

Trophy Hunter's Mask

Elite Regulator Set

Resplendent Crown of Avarice

The last two are reputation only, but still have an unlock in achievements.

Edited by gencinjay