It's a "Known Fact"

Foambreaker

I agree, it might be the other way around. Imp side has: Grim Determination and Soverign as the pvp guilds.

Where Rep side has several guilds that pvp alot like Infamous, ASB, Company, DoA and a few others i fail to remember right now. at any given time your almost guaranteed to get in a pug with a few of them.

Imps are starting to get better

I PvP on both sides and will say pub pugs are far superior to imp pugs.

Swear to god I saw a juggernaut in PvP with full tionesse/green gear weapons masters set. People like him is what leads to blow out matches

Imp pugs are far, far worse than pub pugs on average. And on median. Probably on mode too.

When I see an awful pub pug I say to myself: "... Hmm ... I'll take note of him so I can gank him first/heal him last next time."

When I see an awful imp pug I say to myself: "... typical."

Can't tell you how many times I've been in a match and thought to myself "god, these guys are terrible for pubs" only to later realize it was imp v. imp.

First, Semah, you're awesome so take that humility thing to the curb :p

Second, I agree that if there's faction imbalance it's definitely in the Republic's favor. I've PVPed on both factions. In my experience, you can solo-queue on the Republic faction and still win half your matches. Impside, it's rare to solo-queue and get a win, unless you're in a premade or get put in with one. In Republic-v-Empire matches without any premades, in my experience, the Republic generally steamrolls the Empire.

That said, I rarely solo queue Impside; I'm usually with at least one other person. So maybe my perspective is flawed.

Edit: This is all 50s.

Edited by stringcat

Can't tell you how many times I've been in a match and thought to myself "god, these guys are terrible for pubs" only to later realize it was imp v. imp.

Note that Ush can make this realization only belatedly while playing on the Frogdog team and capping grass first :p

Very recently there have been a few new looking Empire guilds running pre-50 premades and really thrashing the Republic good and proper.

I've noticed Notorious running lots of lowbie premades, but to place blame where it properly belongs: they're actually a mirror-guild of Infamous, a Pub PVP guild.

TLDR: Blame the Pubs. :p

Edited by stringcat

I will admit, under 50 PvP, Empire seems to have an advantage over the Republic. But at 50 PvP, we really only have one dedicated guild towards it: Grim. Soverign is primarily a PvE guild, but they do good in there because of the fact that they have insane PvE gear or actual PvP gear and know how to play the roles of DPS/Tanks/Healers very well. Objective wise, not so much as a competent pug group for now, but they really shine because of the fact that they do good at the roles while Grim is still the dominate PvP guild on the Imp side. BSR is getting there, but there is a clear monopoly on the Impside in comparison to Pubs

Pubside though, you've got Infamous, ASB, DOA, etc etc. In both PvE and PvP, Pubs are more dominant as a faction really. But Impside is starting to get better, but it's a very slow process xD

I think most of you are missing the picture. A player isn't defined by the people he runs with, the moves he uses, the strategies he performs, but rather the heart he has when confronting an opponent. I think a lot of us here could easily reflect on the fact that we've all been in those matches where we look down at are feet and realize failure is imminent, but it is those same people that exit that lost warzone with pride and determination and hit that requeue button. Yes, there are guilds out there that team up, but alas, that doesn't make them superior. Nay I say, that makes them over confident, and most of you know what over confidence can lead too. So I say down with this idea of "known facts" and let us turn to identifying how we define the word "win." When I see an Imperial or Republic player have no chance of winning and instead of giving up they stand tall with honor and integrity against overwhelming odds, that my friends is a true winner. As the wise jawa Blizz would say, "Blizz testing new belt to make Blizz hair not stick to robes. Boss want to watch?" Think about it....

I don't mind rep pugs so much. 90% of my time PvPing is spent solo queing. I prefer the challenge it provides versus getting in a premade and rolling through entire teams repetitively. I love the chance to get in a random pug group and turn the tide of the battle versus a full imp premade!

Going up against you GD premades in my solo ques is fun, even if I get lolsmashed a million times I feel that I learn something new every match and hone my skills even more. Especially in huttball :)

Hi, relatively new to this server but thought I'd chime in.

I play Mk'dermott and Makkant impside and the difference between 50 and sub 50 pvp is like night and day to me. I can and have gone 8 losses in a row at 50 pvp, usually when running into guilds like ASB, DOA, and a combination of Dingfu, Feken, and whoever the smashknight is that runs with them.

I'm fully willing to accept that I'm probably just a terribad that doesn't know how to push his buttons on an engi sniper at all, so thats usually how I chalk it up. But these are the problems I see regularly in impside pvp.

1. Complete lack of communication. People die silently at nodes on defense, stealthers run off solo and try to sneak cap other nodes then either fail, die and ragequit leaving us a man down until the new guy can get his bearings, or succeed, but because there was no indication that they had intended to cap that node in the first place, they get swarmed by the people who were called in by the defenders and die, losing the node before any defenders can respond to its capture.

2. Leaving not enough or the wrong classes to defend nodes. Stealthers, tanks, and bounty hunter/troopers please. You want people who can survive a 2 on one stealther attack if you're planning on leaving only 1 person to defend. If I had 5 credits for every time my sniper has been left solo guarding a node only to have two well geared shadows/sins/dps scoundrels open up on him and splatter him within the span of 2-3 globals i'd have a command throne. Then I get treated to a tirade about calling incs sooner, usually followed by a ragequit. ((P.S. If anyone has advice on how I can call incs and simultaneously survive long enough for help to arrive while 2 geared stealthers are wailing away on me I'd greatly appreciate it, getting knocked face down and having things inserted painfully into mah butt is getting old.))

3. I feel like Pubside either has more dedicated healers floating around to fall into pugs or just more healers in general. I chalk that up to stereotypes and this being a rp server. Jedi healer...good stereotype. Sith sorcerer? why aren't you shooting lightning? Scoundrel? That's han solo! Operative? Wouldn't you rather be a leet sniper? Commandos get the biggest and most impressive weapons in the game, mercs use two puny pistols. Either way I run into a LOT of pug warzones with no healer, or nothing but a solitary bubblestun sorc, while trying to stop the commando, find the scoundrel to mark him and hope my team will focus on marked targets, and bust through a jedi's bubble to put pressure on him.

As far as sub 50 pvp is concerned? Gear still matters, I gear my lowbies well, and they do well, when my gear is 5-10 levels out of date, it's like fighting the opponent with nerf weapons and I'm as sturdy as a tissue paper. People can call gearing their lowbies out well twinking but that's all you're really doing at 50 pvp anyway so why not make the effort to get good gear on them if you're going to be doing much pvp at those levels?

((P.S. If anyone has advice on how I can call incs and simultaneously survive long enough for help to arrive while 2 geared stealthers are wailing away on me I'd greatly appreciate it, getting knocked face down and having things inserted painfully into mah butt is getting old.))

Nope. There's practically nothing you can do as a sniper if you get jumped. I suppose you can call incs the second you see them, but you'll be dead before help comes anyway.

Also, you do pretty well for yourself in warzones. Definitely someone I focus on LoSing.

There are good players on both sides. On the Pub side good players are a bit more spread out, in different guilds, whereas on the Imp side good players are a bit more concentrated. I think with F2P it has also attracted a... a lot of newer players. While I'm not sure about it, I think the majority of these new players are Pubs, which has led to Imps having more of an upper hand in pre-50 PvP. At 50 though, it's more balanced. But at times when guilds are rolling in their 4-mans, it may seem otherwise.

There is a lot of fresh 50's in the game currently and I think there are more for the Imp side then Republic. I play some games on my Sage when I'm waiting for my Cybertech items to finish crafting and it's hit or miss with a solo queue for both sides.

One of the reasons for the supposed bad play and under geared players is for some the game is new. We don't know the age or skill set that some of the new players bring. If you level through PVE and decide to jump into a game at 50 with people in full Elite War Hero there is going to be a large fall off in gear and PVP skill.

I sit there and complain to myself when I see 3 people with 14k hp buffed, 3 at 16k buffed and none having over 500 expertise. Some players you can't tell by the end game results if they were trying to heal or do damage because both figures were equally low. It's very rough especially when your trying to keep these players alive while being focused and they're dropping like fly's.

I think even with cross server Warzones this would also happen becuase you would get paired with random players from pve servers etc. The only way to avoid this is to solo queue less. I won't blame these players unless it's a trend where you see the same person never getting better never working to improve their gear and then seeing this person on a regular basis to take notice.