What weapon Crystals?

WillemRaymond

Okay so just started a Mercenary and i would like to know what Crystals i should do with the weapons

So if anyone could tell me what the Best Pink-Purple crystals for a DPS arsenal Mercenary are

Ive got 2 +41 Critical rating ones

Ive also got 2 +41 power ones

And i have no idea wich i should use on my Weapons

• 3 weeks later...
Okay so just started a Mercenary and i would like to know what Crystals i should do with the weapons

So if anyone could tell me what the Best Pink-Purple crystals for a DPS arsenal Mercenary are

Ive got 2 +41 Critical rating ones

Ive also got 2 +41 power ones

And i have no idea wich i should use on my Weapons

I have zero background in theorycraft, but for my DPS and Healer characters, I always put a Power crystal in one blaster/lightsaber and a Critical one in the offhand while leveling, the idea being that Power is the base but you want an extra boost for when you do get that crit.

I don't think you could go wrong going Power/Power or Power/Crit, but I wouldn't go Crit/Crit. I like having that extra oomph by default (Power).

For endgame...I'd probably go to the Role forum (DPS or Healer) to ask the question, as you'd probably want to tune your stats to maximize your efficacy.

Edited by AlixMV

Crit would be better at lower levels, I have no clue why but before level 30-35 very little gear comes with crit, it's mostly power. Crit in most cases is better unless you are getting near cap and since you are leveling you don't have to worry about that till 50.

• 3 weeks later...

The color itself doesn't matter as it doesn't show when you're firing. Unlike a saber where you see the color of the crystal, on blasters, you see nothing.

Not even on the blasters from the cartel market.

Edited by RikHar

The color itself doesn't matter as it doesn't show when you're firing. Unlike a saber where you see the color of the crystal, on blasters, you see nothing.

Not even on the blasters from the cartel market.

Actually color crystals do effect the color of your output from a weapon just like a saber. I can change my blaster to shoot blue or red or green etc all by changing the crystal color.

My trooper use the DLA-13 blaster rifle, which is a Cartel weapon. Came with a yellow crystal. Laser targeting and output when firing was yellow. Put in a green crystal and all that is now green.

My BH uses the D-200 Military enforcer which had an orange crystal. Fired orange. Put in a blue and fires blue.

Edited by Vyerix