KOTOR 2 and TSLRCM

cjlcw

If I were to download TSLRCM on my Steam version of KOTOR 2 could I get in any sort of trouble? From my knowledge Obsidian is okay with the mod, but what about EA (they do own the rights to Star Wars games now; right?) or whatever is left of LucasArts? Does Steam care if people download mods onto games, bought throw them? I guess this may seem like a dumb question, but I'm unfamiliar with modding and want to ensure that I don't do anything illegal.

Thanks

Does Steam care if people download mods onto games, bought throw them?

Given how much effort they spent making Steam Workshop a thing and that a guide to installing TSLRCM on steam is featured on KotOR2's community hub page, I'd be incredibly surprised if they had a problem with it.

Edited by Bleeters

you are allowed to mod steam games. so you can install TSLRCM on kotor II and not worry that you are doing something "illegal" or anything. also no worries about EA either. you are fine modding your games.

So no violation of the EULA that I need to worry about? I kind of remember back in 2003 that KOTOR 1 mods weren't allowed to be discussed in the Bioware website due to a violation; so this was different for KOTOR 2? Or did something change since then?