Theran Shan?

GorkieX

I'm suspecting the theory of "either Theron or Lana dies and the other one is your sole second-in-command for the rest of the game."

If they did some kind of Telltale's TWD season 2 ending where you have to pick one and the other dies, Lana is going down every time >.> the only characters I'd choose her over would be Tano Vik, Skadge, and maybe doc. As nice as it would be to be rid of her, I'm just afraid of a death choice resulting in a silent brick character like it has for the others :(

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to choose, I would just kill off Theron and keep Lana. Even though I like him more than her and he's my SI's LI. First of all, I can't rationalize my SI trusting him to remain a member of the alliance or taking him back romantically. Even if the whole thing was a ruse. What would happen if he feels the need to do this again, is he supposed to be trusted every time he goes off to "betray" the alliance? And what message does this send to everyone else? That the Emperor can be openly betrayed and played for a fool? That the Emperor isn't trusted to handle opposition? Or that it's okay to run off and do whatever you want as long as it's for the good of the alliance? I killed Jorgan and Koth for disobeying me, I can't justify keeping Theron alive, especially at the expense of losing someone exceptionally loyal like Lana. If it is a ruse then I would at least like the option to give Theron a more "in the field" role like the Spectres from ME. In which case he would be kept far away from the inner circle, at least publicly.

While I think that killing Theron when he'll reveal that he betrayed us to give us intel on a new foe is a real dumb move for the commander it would be dumb to not let the -100% evil sadistic dark 5 #letmekillquinn- players play their character as they want to, tho I went all the way to copero with 4 chars all imps 3 peacekeepers 1 emperor with most light side choice (I had to resist with all my will with my jedi wannabe inquisitor not to punch Saresh) I couldn't even go further than chapter 8 with a dark 5 character.

Even if you're like a 100% evil dude and you play it as you don't mind allying with your enemies of the opposite faction it don't fit the the story neither, how are you supposed to recruit people "come heroes of the republic support our rebellion and our commander, great champion of the great hunt and assassin of your former chancelor" ????question mark? my bounty hunter would have killed Theron the second he'd turn his back on Manaan so forming an alliance or even keeping it on its feet ?

I love the new story since Rishii because the story is the perfect following for my main agent who chose to help the republic since vanilla it let you the choice to openly side with them, but for some and especially the full dark side it just doesn't match and its not 3 or 5 kill options on the few dudes -who just magically realised after 4 years they're siding with someone that'll make vitiate go like "I didn't even know you could kill that much people"- that'll make the sadistic run enjoyable.

I'm suspecting the theory of "either Theron or Lana dies and the other one is your sole second-in-command for the rest of the game."

Though I believe they *should* allow for people to be able to kill him (or Lana), I doubt that would happen. And this all boils down to the fact that if they do, there would be nobody left (Gault?) to play out the story with. Every character who could be dead in someone's world-state has been relegated to paperweight status. Unless they introduce whole new characters, which would be kind of silly. They've already proven that introducing "quickies" like they did with RotHC results in characters that nobody really cares about. Don't get me wrong, I did like Cytharat (and I wish we were able to keep him), but I don't even remember the Republic chick's name.

If they were to get rid of Theron or Lana, they would end up losing booku subscribers, and they don't want to do that.

Edited by Dracofish

Though I believe they *should* allow for people to be able to kill him (or Lana), I doubt that would happen. And this all boils down to the fact that if they do, there would be nobody left (Gault?) to play out the story with. Every character who could be dead in someone's world-state has been relegated to paperweight status. Unless they introduce whole new characters, which would be kind of silly. They've already proven that introducing "quickies" like they did with RotHC results in characters that nobody really cares about. Don't get me wrong, I did like Cytharat (and I wish we were able to keep him), but I don't even remember the Republic chick's name.

If they were to get rid of Theron or Lana, they would end up losing booku subscribers, and they don't want to do that.

Well, they wouldn't be relegated to "paperweight" status, because both would still be fully voiced in story content to come... they'd just fill each other's role, kind of like Ashley and Kaidan in ME2 and ME3.

Well, they wouldn't be relegated to "paperweight" status, because both would still be fully voiced in story content to come... they'd just fill each other's role, kind of like Ashley and Kaidan in ME2 and ME3.

That would be nice, but so far with SWTOR, that hasn't been the case for any character who could be dead.

I think this would be the most logical solution, if they're feeling the need to allow either of them to have a kill option, and it would avoid the paperweight road. They *would* lose many subscribers if you couldn't keep Lana or Theron. IIRC there were actually many cancellations when the Umbara flashpoint came out because of what happened to Theron there.

If the player kept one and lost the other, they'd have to still have both voice actors working to voice the divergent story streams, the way both Lana/Theron and Senya/Arcann all had to fully voice the last couple of KOTET chapters. Because you would need SOMEONE as your trusted second in command, and Gault might be the last man standing, but he's not going to cut it there.

Personally, if it comes down to it, Lana's staying, Theron's going. Every time. After dealing with Satele, Revan and Malcom for most of the bloody game I'd actually like getting away from the Shan family altogether at this point.

I think this would be the most logical solution, if they're feeling the need to allow either of them to have a kill option, and it would avoid the paperweight road. They *would* lose many subscribers if you couldn't keep Lana or Theron. IIRC there were actually many cancellations when the Umbara flashpoint came out because of what happened to Theron there.

If the player kept one and lost the other, they'd have to still have both voice actors working to voice the divergent story streams, the way both Lana/Theron and Senya/Arcann all had to fully voice the last couple of KOTET chapters. Because you would need SOMEONE as your trusted second in command, and Gault might be the last man standing, but he's not going to cut it there.

Personally, if it comes down to it, Lana's staying, Theron's going. Every time. After dealing with Satele, Revan and Malcom for most of the bloody game I'd actually like getting away from the Shan family altogether at this point.

I would love for this to be the reality, but I'm feeling the Eeyore vibe on it, unfortunately. I don't see them paying for the most sought-after voice actor in the industry for half of the player-base. They did the "alternate" voice overs with the last couple chapters of Eternal Throne, but it was only a couple chapters, and the story still felt like it was meant for Arcann/Senya. And I absolutely hate hate hated that some of Theron's best romance lines were locked behind the "Kill Arcann" wall.

If they diverge the story between Theron OR Lana, that could go on for an unknown amount of time where they would be paying for double voice work that not all players are seeing.

Like I said, it would be awesome...and the "right" way to do it...I'm just pessimistic about it.

Edited by Dracofish

I'd like that! Not sure who I'd let live.🤔

Sadly the One or the other ruins the game for those of us who enjoy having both around! but obviously they cannot please everyone, and the current go-to for Bioware seems to be - screw over absolutely everyone.

Yes I hope both Theron and Lana stick around with content - Does not need to be main s ory content! give us back "companion side quests" already!

But yeah because for the past few years they are the only ones getting character development it would be stupid to remove them BEFORE introducing new main characters for the same thing to take over. Yes I think we need more companions/characters supporting the main story but not shoehorned in suddenly, let them be introduced like Theron/Lana were at the start of SoR but this time let as adjust to having new ones so we actually give a care about them before removing the old ones.

All I want is Theron back properly at this point, and I don't even think that one want would get fulfilled lol.

I would love for this to be the reality, but I'm feeling the Eeyore vibe on it, unfortunately. I don't see them paying for the most sought-after voice actor in the industry for half of the player-base. They did the "alternate" voice overs with the last couple chapters of Eternal Throne, but it was only a couple chapters, and the story still felt like it was meant for Arcann/Senya. And I absolutely hate hate hated that some of Theron's best romance lines were locked behind the "Kill Arcann" wall.

If they diverge the story between Theron OR Lana, that could go on for an unknown amount of time where they would be paying for double voice work that not all players are seeing.

Like I said, it would be awesome...and the "right" way to do it...I'm just pessimistic about it.

Oh yeah, even if it's the most logical thing, it doesn't mean Bioware/EA will do it, sadly. It would be the best way to go, but they don't seem to always take the best routes. In terms of Therons' actor's salary, though, AFAIK isn't he on a long-term contract with BW? So they already have him and his salary locked down?

With the end of KOTET, I always kill S&A even on my Light V, but it's a shame there wasn't a way to actively choose which team you wanted for those chapters, if you'd kept them both alive. Both Lana and Theron have good lines that are behind that wall, and it's conceivable that someone who spared S&A might still want to finish KOTET with Lana and Theron by their side, especially if they had romanced one or the other.

Sadly the One or the other ruins the game for those of us who enjoy having both around! but obviously they cannot please everyone, and the current go-to for Bioware seems to be - screw over absolutely everyone.

Yes I hope both Theron and Lana stick around with content - Does not need to be main s ory content! give us back "companion side quests" already!

But yeah because for the past few years they are the only ones getting character development it would be stupid to remove them BEFORE introducing new main characters for the same thing to take over. Yes I think we need more companions/characters supporting the main story but not shoehorned in suddenly, let them be introduced like Theron/Lana were at the start of SoR but this time let as adjust to having new ones so we actually give a care about them before removing the old ones.

All I want is Theron back properly at this point, and I don't even think that one want would get fulfilled lol.

I will admit I am sick to the teeth of the Shan family in general at this point, but I was fond of Theron up until recently, and I felt the same way. I don't think you have to hate one or want one of them gone to like the other. I always bring Theron up to Level 50 influence so he will be as effective as possible on the chapters where he's used (especially Iokath and KOTET 8) and do good crew missions, and losing a L50 character is certainly a waste IMHO.

I would LOVE companion quests so much even if they're not attached to the main story. But given that BW/EA still hasn't returned much-requested LIs after years, I don't feel optimistic either.

I will admit I am sick to the teeth of the Shan family in general at this point, but I was fond of Theron up until recently, and I felt the same way. I don't think you have to hate one or want one of them gone to like the other. I always bring Theron up to Level 50 influence so he will be as effective as possible on the chapters where he's used (especially Iokath and KOTET 8) and do good crew missions, and losing a L50 character is certainly a waste IMHO.

I would LOVE companion quests so much even if they're not attached to the main story. But given that BW/EA still hasn't returned much-requested LIs after years, I don't feel optimistic either.

I will always be fond of both Theron and Lana equally, thanks to them being the main support for my characters, there by their side during the worst stuff my guys and gals have endured in their stories. Removing the closest people to my characters yet again is a game killer for me. They already removed the class LI's and refused to recognise friendships made to class companions once kotfe etc came out, that was a huge backhand slap to me. Removing either both or one of Theron and Lana will be the final blow I am willing to receive from this game, I will have zero enjoyment left from the game if that plays out.

The only thing I'm annoyed at in the game at the moment comes down to how poor the past year has been across the board in terms of information, disrespect from the bioware devs and poor writing, lack of content. I'm patient, but not this patient. My sub won't run out for another 4 months, so I'll keep playing until then, if I get no good - look forward to it information officially before then I'll be incredibly sad. I've enjoyed swtor since its release.. just sadly this year has sucked across the board. I don't even enjoy pvp or gsf anymore which is a shame.

Oh yeah, even if it's the most logical thing, it doesn't mean Bioware/EA will do it, sadly. It would be the best way to go, but they don't seem to always take the best routes. In terms of Therons' actor's salary, though, AFAIK isn't he on a long-term contract with BW? So they already have him and his salary locked down?

With the end of KOTET, I always kill S&A even on my Light V, but it's a shame there wasn't a way to actively choose which team you wanted for those chapters, if you'd kept them both alive. Both Lana and Theron have good lines that are behind that wall, and it's conceivable that someone who spared S&A might still want to finish KOTET with Lana and Theron by their side, especially if they had romanced one or the other.

Yeah, I keep Arcann alive on all of my characters, and only killed him once "for science" and never again, lol. It just felt so...awful. That whole scene on the rooftop, even Theron standing there with a look of pure horror on his face...but then again, I'm a fan of Arcann and am patiently awaiting his romance. Theron, Andronikos, Scourge, and Arcann...those are my boys. :p

The story for me felt like it was meant for Arcann to be there (not so much Senya, but she goes where her son goes). Don't tell Arcann that I probably wouldn't have minded killing her if there was a way to keep him alive out of the deal. *shhhh*

I have friends that will never see that locked Theron content other than on YouTube and it sucks for them.

Edited by Dracofish

I will always be fond of both Theron and Lana equally, thanks to them being the main support for my characters, there by their side during the worst stuff my guys and gals have endured in their stories. Removing the closest people to my characters yet again is a game killer for me. They already removed the class LI's and refused to recognise friendships made to class companions once kotfe etc came out, that was a huge backhand slap to me. Removing either both or one of Theron and Lana will be the final blow I am willing to receive from this game, I will have zero enjoyment left from the game if that plays out.

The only thing I'm annoyed at in the game at the moment comes down to how poor the past year has been across the board in terms of information, disrespect from the bioware devs and poor writing, lack of content. I'm patient, but not this patient. My sub won't run out for another 4 months, so I'll keep playing until then, if I get no good - look forward to it information officially before then I'll be incredibly sad. I've enjoyed swtor since its release.. just sadly this year has sucked across the board. I don't even enjoy pvp or gsf anymore which is a shame.

I'm in the same boat. I have to check but I think I have about three months left on my subscription. if we're just going to have another year like 2017 where we get 20 minutes of story content and a couple of flashpoints, I can't see myself continuing to subscribe. If they plan to release more than that, they will have my support.

I really liked Theron up until the last month or so. I felt that he was a core part of my character's story and that he should always be around. But a variety of factors - some of which aren't even in the story - have really made me dislike him, and it's a shame.

I'm in the same boat. I have to check but I think I have about three months left on my subscription. if we're just going to have another year like 2017 where we get 20 minutes of story content and a couple of flashpoints, I can't see myself continuing to subscribe. If they plan to release more than that, they will have my support.

I really liked Theron up until the last month or so. I felt that he was a core part of my character's story and that he should always be around. But a variety of factors - some of which aren't even in the story - have really made me dislike him, and it's a shame.

I'm in the same boat, sub runs out in a a few months and if we're looking at getting nothing more than 2 or 3 FP's with less than 10-20 minute of story content for the entire year then I'm out and will just come back for a month at the very end of the year and spend an hour or two and do it all on my pub and imp mains. I've been a big fan of Theron since he was first introduced but this game of cat and mouse and is he a traitor blah blah blah has run its course for me, how long can they drag this out? They really need to start communicating what's coming up this year if they're expecting people to hang around.

Yeah, I keep Arcann alive on all of my characters, and only killed him once "for science" and never again, lol. It just felt so...awful. That whole scene on the rooftop, even Theron standing there with a look of pure horror on his face...but then again, I'm a fan of Arcann and am patiently awaiting his romance. Theron, Andronikos, Scourge, and Arcann...those are my boys. :p

The story for me felt like it was meant for Arcann to be there (not so much Senya, but she goes where her son goes). Don't tell Arcann that I probably wouldn't have minded killing her if there was a way to keep him alive out of the deal. *shhhh*

I have friends that will never see that locked Theron content other than on YouTube and it sucks for them.

I have heard people say both things a lot - that they only saved Senya because they wanted Arcann, or vice versa. I don't like either but it's a pity they are a package deal.

Scourge I like (not for romance, but he's my Jedi Knight's buddy) . Andronikos I didn't want to romance, but I did grow very fond of him by the end of the Inquisitor's story. It's too bad they have not brought him back. I thought he could have been written into that KOFTE chapter with Vette and Gault, or turned up on Asylum.

I have heard people say both things a lot - that they only saved Senya because they wanted Arcann, or vice versa. I don't like either but it's a pity they are a package deal.

Scourge I like (not for romance, but he's my Jedi Knight's buddy) . Andronikos I didn't want to romance, but I did grow very fond of him by the end of the Inquisitor's story. It's too bad they have not brought him back. I thought he could have been written into that KOFTE chapter with Vette and Gault, or turned up on Asylum.

I love how Nik plays off an Inquisitor...especially since my Inq isn't really like normal Sith in the way that she wants all mortals to bow at her feet (she didn't even hit Korriban til she was twenty so it's not like she was raised "in it" like the Warrior was). She has no patience for Imperial bootlicking and totally loves how Nik doesn't take any crap. They just...work...as a couple.

I can't imagine any convincing reason they could come up with for his return now after two years of the Commander walking and breathing. Which is why there's fanfic...because I'm done waiting, lol. Vend-o-matic Nik here I go!

Scourge and my Knight are kinda that couple that just transcends all differences...their conflicting ideologies and backgrounds is what made their relationship grow, and made them stronger. My Knight is rather grey, and is very jaded with the Order anyways. And I have a feeling we're going to see him cured when he returns.

Edited by Dracofish

I can't imagine any convincing reason they could come up with for his return now after two years of the Commander being walking and breathing. Which is why there's fanfic...because I'm done waiting, lol. Vend-o-matic Nik here I go!

I think that is the difficulty they will run into with any returning companions now. It's been way too long and it's not like the Commander is anonymous. Especially if it's a love interest/spouse (I am not sure if you can marry everyone in the vanilla storylines, but I think so?), the fact that they haven't bothered to pick up a holo and call the Alliance to reunite with their loved one in 2+ years won't make much sense.

I feel like they could throw a couple (Scourge, perhaps Kira and Nadia) into stasis or carbonite, there might be one or two that went off the rails and are so overcome with madness to get in touch, and I could see Vector being forced to return to the hive and thus be unable to contact the Agent. But otherwise...yeah.

BioWare hates all of us, hates story, hates choices, hates characters, and hates roleplaying, all the companions are going to die and become bricks and the game will then be your character doing multiplayer combat stuff with no dialogue or choices or interactions. Yay.

BioWare hates all of us, hates story, hates choices, hates characters, and hates roleplaying, all the companions are going to die and become bricks and the game will then be your character doing multiplayer combat stuff with no dialogue or choices or interactions. Yay.

It's a sad but true fact that if we were all content killing each other in warzones for fun, playing the same multiplayer ops over and over again and simply using some silent Cartel Market girl companion dressed in skimpy underwear, it would probably bring operating and dev costs down considerably. I'd like to hope that they still want to do more, but as the 8-Ball would say, the future is unclear.

It's a sad but true fact that if we were all content killing each other in warzones for fun, playing the same multiplayer ops over and over again and simply using some silent Cartel Market girl companion dressed in skimpy underwear, it would probably bring operating and dev costs down considerably. I'd like to hope that they still want to do more, but as the 8-Ball would say, the future is unclear.

Definitely :( people like us are an expensive date so to speak and we're also particular and have higher standards than the mass market, casual, pay-to-win, microtransaction crowd that every game company covets for their easy dollars. T_T

• 1 month later...

This. My favorite companion backstabbed my character, what a great story it makes, yay. I unsibscribed.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like nothing but another flashpoint with barely any interaction this half of the eyar.. pity.. I was hopeful for something sooner..

"you have 3 days of subscription remaining" ... I really wanted information that would satisfy me enough to hit the sub button again :(

The flashpoint next month would have been enough for one more month sub but another 2 months to wait? I've left the impatient part and quickly approaching the "why bother" stage :(

Looks like nothing but another flashpoint with barely any interaction this half of the eyar.. pity.. I was hopeful for something sooner..

"you have 3 days of subscription remaining" ... I really wanted information that would satisfy me enough to hit the sub button again :(

The flashpoint next month would have been enough for one more month sub but another 2 months to wait? I've left the impatient part and quickly approaching the "why bother" stage :(

I'm pretty sure the road map said that the traitor story line will be concluded in the April update.