Advanced Recon Commandos vs Havoc Squad

Havoc Squad has blaster rifles. ARCs have pistols...and Cip-Quads, Rotary Cannons, and sniper rifles. Yeah, gonna go with the ARCs.

Um last I checked Jorgan, a Havoc squad member uses an assault cannon...And 4X uses missiles...Not to mention a defected enemy combatant to help defeat you know the enemy.

I would say the ARC troopers are not a good comparison, I would instead say the Republic commandos like Delta squad would be a better match up.

I would say the ARC troopers are not a good comparison, I would instead say the Republic commandos like Delta squad would be a better match up.

Republic commandos like delta squad are not really a good comparison as they aren't really as elite.

If you remember Munnilist ARC troopers took down the seps entire base.

Havoc Squad is only a six man team, the ARCs are an entire division. You're better off pitting the entire Republic Special Forces division against the ARCs. But yeah, I would agree with a Havoc Squad vs. Delta Squad scenario would be a pretty interesting match-up. Edited by LieutenantCole

Havoc Squad is only a six man team, the ARCs are an entire division. You're better off pitting the entire Republic Special Forces division against the ARCs. But yeah, I would agree with a Havoc Squad vs. Delta Squad scenario, would be a pretty interesting match-up.

Indeed, that would be more interesting. It could go either way in my opinion.

Republic commandos like delta squad are not really a good comparison as they aren't really as elite. If you remember Munnilist ARC troopers took down the seps entire base.

And delta squad took on grievous themselves and won with no jedi support. Also they took out an entire droid battleship and seperatist base on geonosis. Not to mention they are a small elite squad and according to cannon they are actually more advanced/elite than the ARCs.

I think the biggest factor would be Delta Squad's ruthlessness compared to Havoc, but then again I suppose it really depends on how you play your Havoc squad trooper. Mine mainly stays light but is willing to execute war criminals.

There isn't really a way to compare, since theres no canon evidence of Havoc's training, or gear and such. Besides...people always go for the clones anyway cause they are clones of a mandalorian BH, or that their training is superior or their tech is superior. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

They did???

I know they took down a fair number of his Magna Guards, but I'm pretty sure they never fought Greivous once.

I remember getting him in my sights with my sniper rifle, but I could be remembering it wrong...

I remember getting him in my sights with my sniper rifle, but I could be remembering it wrong...

You probably looked at him through the sniper attachment's scope, but at no point did you take on Greivous.

That short moment of seeing him on Kashyyyk was all you got in Republic Commando, before your first fight with the Magna Guards.

Delta squad did not take on grievous in the game. but on hypori, captain fordo's squad of ARCs took on grievous and succeeded where half a dozen jedi failed

That was a rescue mission, and they did take losses. Funnily enough it was to rescue half a dozen Jedi, that turned out to be three Jedi with only one of them still standing and two requiring medical attention.

When you look at what they took him on with, it really does put his movie depiction to shame.

That was a rescue mission, and they did take losses. Funnily enough it was to rescue half a dozen Jedi, that turned out to be three Jedi with only one of them still standing and two requiring medical attention.

When you look at what they took him on with, it really does put his movie depiction to shame.

Hand-Animated Clone Wars has some qualities that the CGI version will never have (Durge...). I still enjoy watching them now and again.

Havoc Squad is only a six man team, the ARCs are an entire division. You're better off pitting the entire Republic Special Forces division against the ARCs. But yeah, I would agree with a Havoc Squad vs. Delta Squad scenario would be a pretty interesting match-up.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Alderaan_%28Great_Galactic_War%29

It is mentioned on the Star Wars wiki page, that most of the Havoc Squad was killed. If you speculate about the size, even though it is only squad by name, it could consist of more than just 6 soldiers. I haven't read any of then TOR novels, but I doubt that Havoc Squad is the only SpecForce unit in the entire Republic.

General Garza mentions it is the 325th SpecForce unit IIRC and it is codenamed Havoc. So in theory there could be more than one SpecForce squad.

On topic ARC troopers and all the clone troopers are clones, genetically engineered to perform at top efficiency and to be cannon fodder. ARC and Delta Squad have received additional training. Havoc fights for the survival of the Republic, while clone troopers just follow orders (look up Order 66).

My choice, Havoc Squad over ARC troopers

It is mentioned on the Star Wars wiki page, that most of the Havoc Squad was killed. If you speculate about the size, even though it is only squad by name, it could consist of more than just 6 soldiers. I haven't read any of then TOR novels, but I doubt that Havoc Squad is the only SpecForce unit in the entire Republic.

General Garza mentions it is the 325th SpecForce unit IIRC and it is codenamed Havoc. So in theory there could be more than one SpecForce squad.

On topic ARC troopers and all the clone troopers are clones, genetically engineered to perform at top efficiency and to be cannon fodder. ARC and Delta Squad have received additional training. Havoc fights for the survival of the Republic, while clone troopers just follow orders (look up Order 66).

Exactly, I was saying that the Republic Special Forces was an entire division of thousands of soldiers, all divided into seperate regiments, platoons, etc. Not just a single squad/unit consisting of six soldiers. (Havoc Squad).

Edited by LieutenantCole

• 4 weeks later...

When you look at what they took him on with, it really does put his movie depiction to shame.[/quote

Any way who Gave that shaggy dog a lightsaber

Yes there is more than one Spec Forces Squad, You run into a few during the Bounty Hunter's Story line on Balmorra.

That said I'm going to go ARC Troopers. Your a bit wrong on them receiving additional training, unless your talking about the the ARC Troopers who were originally Clonetroopers who got promoted to the position like Echo and Fives. I'm sure the ARC Troopers the OP is talking about are the genetically bred variety.

ARC Troopers are genetically altered to be basically "Raw Jango" They can be independant and can work as a team if need be. And they can question or bend orders if they see a flaw. Essentially they are Jango Fett except they are loyal to the Republic. Even willing to sacrifice other clone embryos during the Battle of Kamino if they were in danger of falling into the wrong hands. Comparing them to a regular Clonetrooper is sort of an insult.

Lets use Fordo's Rescue Force as an example.

This squad has Two Heavy Gunners. a Rotary Cannon and Quad Laser which technically brings the fire power to 5x that of Jorgan and the Commander rolling Commando combined. They also have maybe 6-4 Lieutenants packing Westar Assault Rifles equiped with Grenade Launchers. Fordo is packing Dual Pistols with an electroshock cord I figure they could handle Jorgan and the Commander pretty well.

For 4X they'd simply unload all their weapons into him, Grenade Launchers and all like they did Grievous, and 4X isn't as Fast or Agile as Grievous meaning he would get caught in the blast. And if that didn't do it they'd call the Gunship in which would blow it's way in and Vaporize 4X. and really any member of Havoc Squad in sight.

That...and the ancient tactics that Havoc Squad used were most likely flash trained into the the ARC Troopers during their gestation period. Giving them a tactical advantage.