Nadia Grell (Spoilers)

Iollaum

Since I got her I use her as a companion but I think the story around her is really really odd.

First when you finally get her as a companion she suddenly has a full Jedi Equipment (robes, double bladed lightsaber and i think a focus) and lots of powers beside the wave she used that one time before and I just thought W-T-F :confused:

Than she is romancable and is really forcing herself onto you but there seems only be the two ways going in love with her and throwing away all the jedi teachings or saying her could hearted to bug off. I tried to do a middle thing and say her that she is just compensating for the death of her father, not wanting to hurt her feelings but suddenly my character ended up kissing her and there was this W-T-F feeling again.

So now my good as it could be, every following the jedi code counsler is making around with his padawan :rolleyes:

Well I will continue to use her as a companion and ignore the story part with her but I find it sad that it is so simple and well...childish.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, she practically jumps towards you. It's almost too easy.

Not to mention she's supposed to be a jedi ! She's also useless as a companion. She's no tank, can't be used with Jedi Sages. She's just shadow dps , weak padawan that you have to travel with.

I personally only took her out when im about to have a dialogue in Voss, never used her other than that. Besides, her voice makes me eat my fingernails, no offence actual voice artist !

I agree. Makes me wish I had the Sith racial so I could just backhand her each time she spoke! It's always "It's nice to see you" and other crap about how..... innocent? she is about the galaxy. Bleh. Give Miranda from ME2 any day xD Or even Kelly.

It feels like the companion stories are half hearted in this game. I hope BioWare improves them in the future, as they usually make very rich and thrilling stories.

As a shadow tank, Nadia is absolutely my favorite companion.

I've geared her up as dps, and she is awesome for that. And her

hair brained comments are my favorite part. Basically, if it's

not a heavy champion/many elites fight, Nadia is out to make

the enemies die fast. Otherwise it's Theran and Ms. Holiday.

As a shadow tank, Nadia is absolutely my favorite companion.

I've geared her up as dps, and she is awesome for that. And her

hair brained comments are my favorite part. Basically, if it's

not a heavy champion/many elites fight, Nadia is out to make

the enemies die fast. Otherwise it's Theran and Ms. Holiday.

all of this

I tried to do a middle thing and say her that she is just compensating for the death of her father, not wanting to hurt her feelings but suddenly my character ended up kissing her and there was this W-T-F feeling again.

What I'd actually kind of like to see in an expansion is the revelation that she was unconsciously using Force Persuasion on you. The Consular may be a Jedi Master, but he's also kind of a young twerp, and it's hinted that Nadia is at least his equal in terms of raw power, if not training. Might not have realised what she was doing.

Hm. Makes the whole relationship kinda dark, really. I guess that... once she loses her loved one's favour, then she'll be turned to the Dark Side by some opportunistic Sith and try to kill her master, possibly while on a volcanic planet hey wait a minute

Yeah, I ended up romancing her COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT. Apparently if you're not a jerk to her right up front, and instead try to go middle of the road and be nice, you end up kissing her and developing a romance. You can't avoid it, since the decision you made like 2 conversations back set the direction for it.

My intent was to be a good Jedi teacher, and have her just be my padawan, but I wanted to be nice to her and let her have some hero worship. That ended up being a full-on romance. Arg.

So eventually I got her up to 10,000 affection, and the final conversation gave me the option to propose marriage. I went middle-ground again, which ended up being something kind, that she liked (another +102 affection), but leaves it at "I don't want to lose you". And then it just stopped there. No closure. Weird.

From a gameplay standpoint, Nadia is an awesome companion for a sage, especially a healer sage. She does insane amounts of damage (both single target and aoe) and is a bit more sturdy / better at keeping aggro than Zenith.

In fact, that's my only problem with her -- she is available as a companion WAY too late (end of Belsavis, level ~42-43). There's only, what, two planets remaining after that? Yeah I know about level 50 dailies, but honestly... eff dailies. :p

she is romancable and is really forcing herself onto you

I'm sorry to hear that.

This is the first computer-based RPG I've ever played that allows you to form a romantic relationship with another character. And although I know it's not the main focus of the game, I was intrigued by it.

I remember seeing the picture of Nadia Grell and thinking that she's actually quite pretty, alien or not, and I was rather looking forward to the romance storyline with my Consular.

But I was kind of expecting it to be a puzzle of some sort, that I had to figure out, and work toward the goal of gaining her affection. From what I'm hearing here, though, it sounds more like simply saying yes to a girl who's already throwing herself at you, whether out of love, hero worship, or whatever else.

I honestly don't know if I can get into something like that.

Too bad.

going in love with her and throwing away all the jedi teachings

This is actually something I've been thinking about, regarding both my Consular and my Jedi Knight (who is about to start the class quest on Coruscant that gains him Kira Carsen as a companion).

Going into those storylines ... Does anybody else here kind of feel like a hypocrite?

I mean, on Tython, both of my Jedi chose to turn in those two students who were in love with each other, because that was the Light Side choice. And rationalized it by saying that as Jedi, we are sworn to uphold the Jedi code and hold others to do the same.

And now ... ? After that, how exactly do you justify having your character form a romantic relationship with another Jedi?

It's not really a big deal to me, but it does create a bit of a role-playing issue, I think.

<Sigh>

This is actually something I've been thinking about, regarding both my Consular and my

Going into those storylines ... Does anybody else here kind of feel like a hypocrite?

I mean, on Tython, both of my Jedi chose to turn in those two students who were in love with each other, because that was the Light Side choice. And rationalized it by saying that as Jedi, we are sworn to uphold the Jedi code and hold others to do the same.

And now ... ? After that, how exactly do you justify having your character form a romantic relationship with another Jedi?

It's not really a big deal to me, but it does create a bit of a role-playing issue, I think.

<Sigh>

I felt the same way, but the way i pictured my consular is the standard RP way. Sure my character started off all Bright eyed. Destroying true love, and sparing the evil even if they cant be changed. But then i thought...my char has gone through alot of ish. So slowly i stopped doing to "Noble" thing and started being a little like Zenith. My consular was angry. Angry about how everything he learned was slowly becoming a lie. Love isint bad...its just feared. So He married Nadia, banged her little heart out. Then proceeded to save the world. Hell if i could id have him grow a beard and have a colder harder look on the world. Now he kills anyone who threatens peace. Regardless of why they did it. Does the wife dissaprove? Yes...but thats nothing that some Artifact Gift Fragments cant help to solve.

This is the first computer-based RPG I've ever played that allows you to form a romantic relationship with another character. And although I know it's not the main focus of the game, I was intrigued by it.

If that intrigues you, then you should really try BioWare's Mass Effect series sometime. ME1 gives you a couple to choose from, and in ME2, all but one (I think that's six) are romancable, both male and female. They did a really nice job on it there - I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses here on various toons.

Switching from Nadia to Kira when playing with my alter is...

rofl.

I'm still laughing from the first time I heard that "Eat lightsaber, jerk!".

@ontopic: After all the good story and questlines, finally I found her and...

Yes. That moment. Where the hell did she took that lightsaber from. Just tell me where. And when did she learnt to use it?

dafuc.

rofl.

Haha, I'm exactly on same boat. That gave good laughs for sure, had to check chat if I heard it right. Very impressed how well they've planned some the companion NPCs story/personality wise.

rofl.

@ontopic: After all the good story and questlines, finally I found her and...

Yes. That moment. Where the hell did she took that lightsaber from. Just tell me where. And when did she learnt to use it?

dafuc.

Well, but as a Knight, it felt alien to choose the -Romance- Option the first time too... as Smuggler it felt natural to hit it each time one comes up :D

Andyes its bad Nadia as only Romance Option comes last.. even though a Jedi should not be moved by that.

Edited by Kheldras

If you do the marriage proposal thing, you get a follow on letter that she wants to "come out" and tell the council and everyone.

No follow on to that though.

Well, not yet at least.

But it's not love really that's the problem for the Jedi, it's the personal attachment. The unreasonable reaction to some one dying, and being overcome with emotion because that person is special to you. So really, could it work, of course it could, but it's pretty obvious that Nadia is a bit too attached.

I went with the romance angle, and yes I did feel kind of like a hypocrite. Oh well. Didn't have to pick darkside points, so to me, it doesn't matter. It was also the time I was on Voss, and they are neutral. Also, if you play Kotor II then you know that the Jedi way isn't the end all be all. Actually, it's in this game as well as in Kotor. Like my Consular said once, that his role is to bring peace, and freedom wasn't really a goal for the Jedi order, which in anyone's mind now a days is wrong lol.

Really, I thought that would be more of the focal point of the Consular story, more learning about the force. It's ins and outs. So far it's all based on war, and aligning people for one purpose, it's not about where you really stand in the universe.

If that intrigues you, then you should really try BioWare's Mass Effect series sometime. ME1 gives you a couple to choose from, and in ME2, all but one (I think that's six) are romancable, both male and female. They did a really nice job on it there - I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses here on various toons.

Dragon Age is the same way. But then it is another series by Bioware.;)

Relationships are not Dark Side, regardless of what the quest on Tython implied. Jedi Masters and The Jedi Council are not infallible. They regularly make mistakes, are misled, and are just plain out wrong.

If you want to pursue the romance option, so be it. If you don't, don't cop out by saying "I'm light side and romance is against the rules." Just admit it's not what you're interested in doing.

There also seems to be plenty of dialogue options available to discourage her romance. She is, however, young with a serious case of Hero Worship.. so yes, it would take quite a bit of negativity to get rid of her crush. It's a legitimate personality archetype.

she just told me bout dreams... nothing on marriage to the council.(also she isn't useless to the sage because you can clear all content with her. just not heroic 4s but then your supposed to be in a group :p[from what i can tell])

I'm sorry to hear that.

I remember seeing the picture of Nadia Grell and thinking that she's actually quite pretty, alien or not, and I was rather looking forward to the romance storyline with my Consular.

But I was kind of expecting it to be a puzzle of some sort, that I had to figure out, and work toward the goal of gaining her affection. From what I'm hearing here, though, it sounds more like simply saying yes to a girl who's already throwing herself at you, whether out of love, hero worship, or whatever else.

I honestly don't know if I can get into something like that.

Too bad.

I think you are looking at it wrong. Jedi are not supposed to have attachments, so romance gives you dark side points. If it were difficult to get her attracted to you, those who are trying to adhere to the code would have no puzzle to unfold with how to avoid her advances. It even makes sense from a dark/light perspective. The dark path is the easy path. Doing what is right is often difficult.

So, yes, gaining her affection is somewhat easy, but a Jedi is supposed to not cultivate this relationship. That is the puzzle to be unfolded.

This is actually something I've been thinking about, regarding both my Consular and my Jedi Knight (who is about to start the class quest on Coruscant that gains him Kira Carsen as a companion).

<Sigh>

The issue is that you are being inconsistent in your role-playing. If you are willing to break the code to have your own romance, why did you turn in the couple on Tython?

There are three choices.

1) Role-play a Jedi who is loyal to the code, turn in the two padawans who are breaking the code, and shun the advances of your own companions. You take no dark side hits or you get light side points doing this.

2) Role-play a Jedi who believes the code is a buffet from which you get to pick and choose the rules you are going to follow (or shun the code altogether), let the padawans off, and romance your companions however you choose. You get dark side points for letting them go, and you get dark side points for the romances.

3) Role-play a Jedi who is a hypocrite (or changed his mind) and turn in the two padawans but romance your companions as you choose. You get light side points for turning in the padawans, and you get dark side points for romancing.

There is no role-playing problem here. What is going on here is that you made a decions based on the reward (which option would give light-side points) instead of which decision your character would have made if he was willing to romance his own companions. That decision is made, so there is nothing you can do about it. Simply role-play that your character is a hypocrite (saying one thing and doing another) or that he changed his mind.

I think you are looking at it wrong. Jedi are not supposed to have attachments, so romance gives you dark side points. If it were difficult to get her attracted to you, those who are trying to adhere to the code would have no puzzle to unfold with how to avoid her advances. It even makes sense from a dark/light perspective. The dark path is the easy path. Doing what is right is often difficult.

So, yes, gaining her affection is somewhat easy, but a Jedi is supposed to not cultivate this relationship. That is the puzzle to be unfolded.

The issue is that you are being inconsistent in your role-playing. If you are willing to break the code to have your own romance, why did you turn in the couple on Tython?

There are three choices.

1) Role-play a Jedi who is loyal to the code, turn in the two padawans who are breaking the code, and shun the advances of your own companions. You take no dark side hits or you get light side points doing this.

2) Role-play a Jedi who believes the code is a buffet from which you get to pick and choose the rules you are going to follow (or shun the code altogether), let the padawans off, and romance your companions however you choose. You get dark side points for letting them go, and you get dark side points for the romances.

3) Role-play a Jedi who is a hypocrite (or changed his mind) and turn in the two padawans but romance your companions as you choose. You get light side points for turning in the padawans, and you get dark side points for romancing.

There is no role-playing problem here. What is going on here is that you made a decions based on the reward (which option would give light-side points) instead of which decision your character would have made if he was willing to romance his own companions. That decision is made, so there is nothing you can do about it. Simply role-play that your character is a hypocrite (saying one thing and doing another) or that he changed his mind.

I romanced her for the lols. that and my friend sent me 5 lvl 5 courting items for this. couldnt turn him down.

for me ill just take it as my character just messed up. but you live with your decisions.

You seem to be intent on drawing black and white areas here. The real issue seems to be that a choice was made on Tython because you believed what you were TOLD, and now that you're experiencing the same issue, you realize it's not so simple, and that maybe you were wrong before. That's not hypocrisy, that's enlightenment - an epiphany of sorts.

Now, of course, you should feel terrible for those two young padawans whose romance you spoiled just so you could do the "right thing".