Summer of SWTOR Update

BruceMaclean

The point was that this patch was hyped by the developers themselves to be a pvp patch, which means 100% of effort should of been put into pvp for this patch. The fact that there are two operations, a new daily zone and a new planet/story arc included into it is pretty much a big slap in the face to all the pvp players who have been patient with BW. A studio that kept saying "wait till 2.4, we have big things happening, wait, just wait, we cant say yet, just wait, blah blah blah blah."

Well wait what else they put into that patch for PvP. Saying that they didn't tell the truth because the patch containes PvE is just wrong.

What does a sentence mean, if they say that it is a major PvP patch. That doesn't mean that there is only or mostly PvP. It means that this is a patch, where you can expect a lot of content or at least more pvp content as in other patches. (Well to be fair with the 4 vs 4 arenas this is already true and that is probably the point PvP players fear)

If there are 4 vs 4, arenas 2 new warzones, rated 1 on 1 duell arenas and first RWZ season it would be a big pvp patch even if they released 5 operations, 6 flashpoints, 3 new daily areas, and a new story planet.

Because the 4 vs 4 is all we know i share the concernes that it might turn out not to be as exciting as they wanted us to believe. But for now you should wait what informations they will release within the next 2 months.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol so this great pvp patch is giving us arenas and yet another gear grind? lol wth bioware are u playing at, this was suposed to be the patch that makes us very neglected pvpers a bit happier and instead u give us more gear to grind and arenas,

Wheres the new warzone?

Wheres the reskins of existing war zone maps?

Wheres the abiltiy to quee for ranked games as a 4man teams?

othe thank that its a great patch yet again for pvers lol

Isnt that exactly what they said here?

Huh?! You even quoted Eric...the closest he got was saying "Some of your other concerns...such as queuing for Ranked, will be addressed along with 2.4". I was very clear in what I want to hear him say...and no, he hasn't said that yet. I want to know that there is more CONTENT for PvPers than just a couple new freaking 4v4 boxes.

The point was that this patch was hyped by the developers themselves to be a pvp patch, which means 100% of effort should of been put into pvp for this patch. The fact that there are two operations, a new daily zone and a new planet/story arc included into it is pretty much a big slap in the face to all the pvp players who have been patient with BW. A studio that kept saying "wait till 2.4, we have big things happening, wait, just wait, we cant say yet, just wait, blah blah blah blah."

Nah, don't do that. Allegedly, they have different teams doing each...and by "teams", I believe there are 2 guys doing PvP. This isn't a PvE vs PvP patch. PvE needs content too and if it's coming with 2.4, all the better!!! The shocking lack of anything substantial for PvP is the true problem with 2.4...not the inclusion of PvE content.

Did they just remove a wackload of posts? I feel as though an entire page was just removed...

It was. Our entire conversation just got whacked, despite neither of us provoking or attacking the other. I honestly thought the two of us had a good discussion so I can't believe it would have been whacked like that

To please the PvP players, there should be one Update/Patch be exclusively filled with PvP content.

This can easily be achieved by letting everything else out. And push it ( = the non-PvP part) into an later Update/Patch.

That won't please them. They will then complain it's not enough or it's done the wrong way or it doesn't address issue x and y or anything you can think of.

In the end it's good to get a big patch with lots of stuff in it for various player groups and this needs to continue. It looks like the amount of content we're getting is speeding up and that's a great sign for the game. My wish is just a bit more diversity in activities, that would really top it off.

It was. Our entire conversation just got whacked, despite neither of us provoking or attacking the other. I honestly thought the two of us had a good discussion so I can't believe it would have been whacked like that

I agree, and appreciate when discussions progress logically and sensibly.

I agree, and appreciate when discussions progress logically and sensibly.

Yea, I dont get it either spyder. Neither of us were confrontational with the other, and we had a pretty good discussion where we didn't dwell on the negative and discussed SWTOR in a positive light. So, I'm kinda scratching my head on why our convo was nuked

And he said the PvP community sounds like crying 5 year olds.

What was said was... "And if you're a PvPer, stay tuned for 2.4 its turning out to be a large patch."

While broad and open ended it is very suggestive at the same time. Granted they gave 3 key words to focus on and only 1 suggested PvP but the PvP community was very optimistic. As it was delivered it felt like a total April fools insult. We all new there would be new PvE content no matter how much a PvP patch it was made out to be but as I said before in this forum, we expected more than arenas as a large PvP update.

And he said the PvP community sounds like crying 5 year olds.

No I likened a large number of posts in relation to the topic at hand to that (and not in this forum topic specifically but all over the forums in other related topics), I did not broadly just paint the entire "PvP community" in that light.

But you bring up a good point about human nature. People hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see regardless of the evidence in front of them.

No I likened a large number of posts in relation to the topic at hand to that (and not in this forum topic specifically but all over the forums in other related topics), I did not broadly just paint the entire "PvP community" in that light.

But you bring up a good point about human nature. People hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see regardless of the evidence in front of them.

I won't argue there is whining on the PvP forum but that is true on any forum for any game. I've seen whines that bosses are to difficult or whatever, even the suggestion forum has whines without suggesting anything.

But reading through this thread I don't see anyone crying or whining it is just major frustration of what they saw when this was posted.

Whats all this you expected more? Like what? Because honestly Arenas is what this game needs. especially 4 v 4 people have been moaning about how it takes 8 to queue for ranked. This is the solution and team deathmatch, hello time for the zergs to take hold ;p

I'm inclined to agree, after having read this from the S.D. Cantina Event:

Bruce was upfront with mentioning that 1.7% of all queue pops are Ranked, and that on some servers they either never pop or only pop during specific time windows. He admitted its not currently a successful game mechanic. Warzone Arenas sounded like their answer to making Ranked play accessible to many more players. Someone shouted whether teams would be nameable, to which they quickly responded to wait for more information, with a heavy hint at leaderboards and a possible end to the Ranked pre-season 1

Source: http://ootinicast.com/2013/07/correspondents-report-community-cantina-san-diego/

Edited by Andryah

I won't argue there is whining on the PvP forum but that is true on any forum for any game. I've seen whines that bosses are to difficult or whatever, even the suggestion forum has whines without suggesting anything.

But reading through this thread I don't see anyone crying or whining it is just major frustration of what they saw when this was posted.

This forum is rather civil I will say that, I was more speaking towards the other infinite number of pvp based threads where a select few and not all were behaving in a manner not very mature. it is unfortunate that it is this way and also unfortunate that those who do are very vocal so it also seems there are more of them

I'm inclined to agree, after having read this from the S.D. Cantina Event:

Source: http://ootinicast.com/2013/07/correspondents-report-community-cantina-san-diego/

That and.. you know.. they haven't done anything to make it more appealing for teams to q for ranked in a year. They have a very basic system in place (pre-season 1) that has none of the systems needed to foster competitive play. There are no leaderboards, no soloq (which I doubt will ever come because the PvP community isn't large enough anymore to sustain an ELO based system), no spectator mode, no new PvP maps in a year, etc etc.

If they'd worked on these features half a year or so ago this game would have such a thriving PvP community. Alot of really good players that loved the game have left since then. But here's hoping some of them decide to come back and revitalize the competitive scene, but that all depends on which systems BW is adding besides the arena's, cause quite frankly that's not enough.

Maybe holding a tournament with ingame prizes would be nice on BW's part aswell, it doesn't actually cost them anything and it would encourage people to get competitive teams going. Something along the lines of a set weekly or monthly tournament (and the systems to support that of course) with CC rewards or the likes would be awesome. Of course giving the PvE community some tournaments in the form of clearing certain content the fastest or we (I'm not a PvE'er so don't look at me for suggestions) to balance things out.

I have been saying. I believe that you guys will really get some good PvP stuff in patch 2.4. Looks like at least 4 arenas with full announcing like Huttball, the end of pre season and start of leaderboards WITH Season 1 starting and whole sloth of other change. It won't only be a puny arena and no class balance changes or anything. More information is being released and it's looking good. I also believe that as we come closer to 2.4 launch, you will see lots more stuff coming out for it.

Just keep being optimistic and know that BioWare won't disappoint :)

Edited by Basreia

I'm with that! To the PvE community silence! You are getting stuff let the PvPers express themselves as 2.4 was expressed as... "If your a PvPer stay tuned for 2.4 cause this ones for you!" And so we get 4x4 WZs.

If the notes of interest for 2.4 went

A new PvP planet with new missions and rewards

2 large scale WZs

4x4WZs

New gear to grind for

Do you feel like the PvE community would have flipped? I don't think so cause like the PvP community they thought 2.4 was q PvP patch. If these were the notes do you think the PvP community would be in the outrage they are now? I don't think so cause there is plenty of potential there.

But as it was this PvP patch IS a PvE cover up that PvPers are just suppose to suck up and deal with or hope there is some kind of large PvP item that is top secret and they will release with the patch without us knowing until its live and we get to play? Don't be naive there is nothing as grand as what they listed in this thread.

Anything additional they may have not listed will be minor tweeks or items nothing like an "OPS" for PvPers.

The thing everyone else is saying is that you are assuming the 4v4 Arenas are the only pvp related things coming in patch 2.4. What we are saying is you are making a very big assumption on a small blog design to tease you. Bioware doesn't always show their cards at first. So wait until more info is coming.

Also bioware has already stated they will not do any more OWPvP until their Hero Engine is modified to where it can sustain large groups of people in a concentrated area.

PvP needs a lot of help. Every time you turn around there is a new operation or flashpoint, but PvP has been kinda left in the dust. The 4v4's are a cool idea, but in reality it's gonna take more than that to keep us PvP lovers interested.

That and.. you know.. they haven't done anything to make it more appealing for teams to q for ranked in a year. They have a very basic system in place (pre-season 1) that has none of the systems needed to foster competitive play. There are no leaderboards, no soloq (which I doubt will ever come because the PvP community isn't large enough anymore to sustain an ELO based system), no spectator mode, no new PvP maps in a year, etc etc.

If they'd worked on these features half a year or so ago this game would have such a thriving PvP community. Alot of really good players that loved the game have left since then. But here's hoping some of them decide to come back and revitalize the competitive scene, but that all depends on which systems BW is adding besides the arena's, cause quite frankly that's not enough.

Maybe holding a tournament with ingame prizes would be nice on BW's part aswell, it doesn't actually cost them anything and it would encourage people to get competitive teams going. Something along the lines of a set weekly or monthly tournament (and the systems to support that of course) with CC rewards or the likes would be awesome. Of course giving the PvE community some tournaments in the form of clearing certain content the fastest or we (I'm not a PvE'er so don't look at me for suggestions) to balance things out.

Excellent post which is spot on. <3 Wing