Is Resolve Broken?

MilevMefir

I haven't found anythign on this on a casual search so I apologize if this has been answered before. But, is Resolve broken? It is my understanding that Resolve is meant to prevent you from being stun-locked ad naseum. Yet in PvP matches, I am constantly stunned successively with a full resolve bar.

Am I misunderstanding Resolve or is there something wonky with it?

Depends who you ask.

Bottom line is, that as long as the target has a white bar, don't waste your CC on them.

Only caveat is that Shadow / Assassin and Sent. / Mara have skills that make them immune to CC and no indicator when it is active.

IMO the biggest issue is that CCs are not truly mirrored and certain factors allow chaining that should not occur.

Also keep in mind that Snares, Slows and Roots do not add to or affect reslove. IE, use them liberally.

IMO, reslove does not fully function as intendded. Also that immune status needs an icon on the toon.

I played in a few PvP matches recently and got chain stunned with a full resolve bar. i.e. got stunned, ate it, got stunned again, now have full resolve bar, break CC, get stunned again, wears off, stunned again.

Full Resolve bar the whole time.

EDIT: and by stunned, I mean stunned. Not snared.

Edited by MilevMefir

No, resolve is not broken.

Resolve prevents you from being unable to act to maximum 16 seconds (it's two 8 sec mezzes back to back).

Now count loud to 16-en to understand this period of time better.

that's only acceptable if TTK is high enough that you survive into that 16 second duration.

that's only acceptable if TTK is high enough that you survive into that 16 second duration.

It's 16 sec of mezz time. Every piece of damage will brake it.

Opposite to this, you can be stunned for max 8 seconds (it is two 4 sec stuns back to back).

Now count loud to 8 to better understand this period of time.

And no, if you are not tanky tank plus being healed/peeled you will not live through multiple damage dealers more than 8 seconds, no matter stunned or not.

Edited by BambulaGTS

It's 16 sec of mezz time. Every piece of damage will brake it.

Opposite to this, you can be stunned for max 8 seconds (it is two 4 sec stuns back to back).

Now count loud to 8 to better understand this period of time.

And no, if you are not tanky tank plus being healed/peeled you will not live through multiple damage dealers more than 8 seconds, no matter stunned or not.

considering while CC'ed you can't pop defensive cooldowns, debuffs, or counter burns, a well played burst also won't let you live 1-2 seconds past the 8 second stun time. also important to note that snares and roots don't impact resolve, which can be a nightmare for MDPS.