The Gree Event Rocks Que The Cry Babies

iaintoff

It was alright but it's total garbage now. You have groups forming lines and then preventing some people from being in the line. If those other people then decide to attack the line they will have the entire "line force" on them, so you are basically outnumbered 5 to 1.. It has become a matter of being accepted into the line.

What annoys me the most is that you can solo two people outside the center but then when you are trying to turn in the orb they're jumping you as some form of revenge. The whole orb delivery thing should be instant and there shouldnt be a CD on the pylon. And move the ancient gree droid away from the center.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW not making the effort to address faction imbalance is a total fail.

It's not Bioware's fault for player's choices. It's not Bioware's responsibility to make it's customers decisions for them. You can make whatever you want. Bioware doesn't choose what story you have to play.

What annoys me the most is that you can solo two people outside the center but then when you are trying to turn in the orb they're jumping you as some form of revenge. The whole orb delivery thing should be instant and there shouldnt be a CD on the pylon. And move the ancient gree droid away from the center.

This is called the element of entropy. It is outstanding because when timed well, it can turn the tables of control.

Edited by Koyaanisqat

It's not Bioware's fault for player's choices. It's not Bioware's responsibility to make it's customers decisions for them. You can make whatever you want. Bioware doesn't choose what story you have to play.

what decisions r u talking about? for example to do not fight in wz but stay afk (or help other fraction to win) is this a decision? shall we b quite with such decision and to do not complain about? the base of any game is stimuli, and up to now there r now drive in open world pvp areas.

if a winner would have a chance (for example 10%) to get a random piece of loser gear (or some credds, or some loser commendations), this is would be a some sort of boost (would be not possible to farm).

this is actually not true. i tried mess around q we have on our server (various instances) and there is no any war even imps vs reps.. they r always coordinated against pvprs, killing em and further stay in q to the pylon.. pvp in @open pvp area@ is dead.

This is not the case on my Server. There is a lot of pvp going around. Sometimes we are outnumbered, sometimes we outnumber, sometimes it is equal. Mostly, we are outnumbered, because it is only 4 of us in the group. But I like it :)!

It was alright but it's total garbage now. You have groups forming lines and then preventing some people from being in the line. If those other people then decide to attack the line they will have the entire "line force" on them, so you are basically outnumbered 5 to 1.. It has become a matter of being accepted into the line.

you are missing the point of a PVP event, do better, group up, use your head

i agree the event is really fun, i normally hardly ever do pvp but i have found myself really liking the pvp quests it adds another level to the game trying to get passed the other players to to charge the machine. I feel more apart of the game knowing that at any point someone could jump me or tracking someone down who hasnt seen me

The problem is poor development. They have over a years worth plus of feedback and they ignored it for what THEY want what WE want.

Why is it every event ends up with reps/imps having a truce? Its b/c of how they developed the event. You would think after the first 2 events they would have learned from this but no.

If they objectives were in the 2 end baes on both sides and the gree ship landed in the middle that would have been better b/c then you would have had to raid the bases to place the orbs and by putting a lot of faction npc.s in the base would mean no standing in in line im talking about raid level npcs that should be in the bases anyways.

You cant control how people play but the devs can sure program it better to influence pvp better instead of standing in line for ice cream and calling truces

The problem is poor development. They have over a years worth plus of feedback and they ignored it for what THEY want what WE want.

Why is it every event ends up with reps/imps having a truce? Its b/c of how they developed the event. You would think after the first 2 events they would have learned from this but no.

If they objectives were in the 2 end baes on both sides and the gree ship landed in the middle that would have been better b/c then you would have had to raid the bases to place the orbs and by putting a lot of faction npc.s in the base would mean no standing in in line im talking about raid level npcs that should be in the bases anyways.

You cant control how people play but the devs can sure program it better to influence pvp better instead of standing in line for ice cream and calling truces

Do what I do

Stealth cap - use orbital strike on lines - go concealment and gank noobs - bring large groups

Problem solved

wouldnt matter one bit. just like it didnt matter in old ilum. people kill traded back then and now they call truce and wait in line. if BW made some other objective, then players would just figure out how to get rewards without having to PVP or whatever.

look at it his way... BW made a little tiny sandbox in PVP area on ilum and gave two quests to get people to go there. what happens in that little sandbox is 100% up to the players. many have chose to not play and to just stand in line to get rewards. others chose to PVP in the area.

LOL. EVERY time, when i go to the Ilum PvP zone, I see, group of reps and imps patiently waiting for their turn. They do not attack each other since PvP does not pay. They just wanna do the dalies. Ilum is back where it was.

When the BW dev team's gonna understand , if players can complete the obj without PvP. THEY WILL NOT PvP.

LOL. EVERY time, when i go to the Ilum PvP zone, I see, group of reps and imps patiently waiting for their turn. They do not attack each other since PvP does not pay. They just wanna do the dalies. Ilum is back where it was.

When the BW dev team's gonna understand , if players can complete the obj without PvP. THEY WILL NOT PvP.

So true but doesnt spot me from ganking anyone i see flagged.

QUOTE=Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn

*cue

Que is not even an english word

que is short for nothing......

l2spell?

its funny that some people are barely able to read/write their native language

This guy's failed attempt to teach someone else English while being totally wrong himself is hilarious. Thanks for making my day at work.

Cue.. seriously... Cue is the the stick you hit balls with on the 8 ball table.

Queue is the word your looking for genius.

Edited by ZenomX

for those confused on the meaning:

cue:

a : a signal (as a word, phrase, or bit of stage business) to a performer to begin a specific speech or action

b : something serving a comparable purpose : hint

: a feature indicating the nature of something perceived

archaic : the part one has to perform in or as if in a play

courtesy of websters.

It must suck being on a server full of lamers. On my server people gank members of the same faction.

The only safety is to get 3 people supporting you, or be really good at sneaking around the perimeter and running in for the cap while 2 other groups are busy killing each other. I actually see more fair play outside the PvP zonebecause people know if you gank the opposing ffaction will call its WB ops group to your location.

BW not making the effort to address faction imbalance is a total fail. FFA does not address this issue.

Star Wars TOR is supposed to be about the Sith vs. Republic. FFA focus totally fails to achieve this.

If FFA remains the focus of OW-PVP, then this game is for a fact a complete and utter failure.

BW obviously had their head in the sand when they decided to make faction locked toons, and made no effort to insure the factions are balanced from all aspects.

Good for you that FFA is what you want. I know for sure that most players to not want FFA and that FFA will only kill the game in the long run. All you need to do is look at Outlaw's Den and how that panned out long term.

Republic whines about faction vs faction for months- BW gets rid of Ilum.

BW brings back Ilum in a way that Republic are no longer penalized by being outnumbered- Republic whines that it's not faction vs faction.

Wanna know why nobody rolls Republic that's serious about pvp? Because you guys have been whining nonstop since long before the game even came out. "Everyone, everyone! Listen, listen! Republic SUCKS in this game so much and nobody GOOD every joins our side and the quests SUCK and we SUCK at pvp and being Republic is the WORST thing ever!!! btw- why does nobody rolls republic? Maybe BW should do a better job of making us look good." :rolleyes:

This guy's failed attempt to teach someone else English while being totally wrong himself is hilarious. Thanks for making my day at work.

Cue.. seriously... Cue is the the stick you hit balls with on the 8 ball table.

Hahaha, gotta love it when people don't know how to spell.

Republic whines about faction vs faction for months- BW gets rid of Ilum.

BW brings back Ilum in a way that Republic are no longer penalized by being outnumbered- Republic whines that it's not faction vs faction.

Wanna know why nobody rolls Republic that's serious about pvp? Because you guys have been whining nonstop since long before the game even came out. "Everyone, everyone! Listen, listen! Republic SUCKS in this game so much and nobody GOOD every joins our side and the quests SUCK and we SUCK at pvp and being Republic is the WORST thing ever!!! btw- why does nobody rolls republic? Maybe BW should do a better job of making us look good." :rolleyes:

While I don't totally disagree, I don't totally agree either.

Fact is that BW put more time and effort into the Sith side and created a more appealing faction for the peeps that want to be the cool bad guy. I for one still think, based on some experience, that professiosns across factions are not truly balanced behind the scnenes. Something that BW will never admit that they have done simply to appeal to the majority of players that pay to play.

While I agree more PVP'ers go Sith, by strict percentage by faction, I think there are the same amount of good players. IE, if 25% of the sith are good PVP'ers, republic would be about the same. Challenge being that there are in fact more Sith.

The real issue is that BW made a factoin based game with faction locked toons. Stupid misstake number one in their game design. BW needs to provide a way for people to switch from Sith to Republic and provide incentive to do so. This would allow the community to balance itself out.

Based on how Ilum is currently instancing I could see a situation where most of the instances would be balanced and those that aren't the imps could sit around on their thumbs.

Bottom line is that this is supposed to be a faction based game with faction based OW-PVP. Either BW delivers on this feature or they should declare defeat and admit they have failed.

Some people just do not get the fact that others do not like PVP and dislike when they have to engage in it just to finish a storyline, especially when it is the only way SWTOR made to get certain items/rewards.

The people that do not or cannot understand this are too narrow-minded and inconsiderate of others.

If you think that people that do not like PVP are "cry babies", then I suggest you take a dose of maturity and think about what you said.

If this hurts your feelings/pride, then tough. As I said, take a dose of maturity.

Some people just do not get the fact that others do not like PVP and dislike when they have to engage in it just to finish a storyline, especially when it is the only way SWTOR made to get certain items/rewards.

The people that do not or cannot understand this are too narrow-minded and inconsiderate of others.

If you think that people that do not like PVP are "cry babies", then I suggest you take a dose of maturity and think about what you said.

If this hurts your feelings/pride, then tough. As I said, take a dose of maturity.

Good thing you don't have to do the dailies then- they give a total of 550 rep a day- you can max rep, with a single character, in 5-6 days even if you don't do a single pvp daily.

So- if someone needs to be open minded, perhaps it's the people who are whining about pvp dailies they do not have to do, the only two open world pvp dailies right now.

this guy's failed attempt to teach someone else english while being totally wrong himself is hilarious. Thanks for making my day at work.

Cue.. Seriously... Cue is the the stick you hit balls with on the 8 ball table.

epic fail