"DPS" is for wow: "DD" = Damage Dealer for SW:TOR

GreySquall

Ok everyone, I understand that tank and healer are pretty much self explanatory...but the term "DPS" is just a little too "WoW" for me. I say we decide as a group to say "DD" = Damage Dealer. I for one don't want to feel like im just playing space age WoW, and this is one way to help make that distinction.

Support an independent era...say "DD"!! Keep this on the first page so everyone gets the word.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok everyone, I understand that tank and healer are pretty much self explanatory...but the term "DPS" is just a little too "WoW" for me. I say we decide as a group to say "DD" = Damage Dealer. I for one don't want to feel like im just playing space age WoW, and this is one way to help make that distinction.

Support an independent era...say "DD"!! Keep this on the first page so everyone gets the word.

HEY. I just got used to not calling the jedi knight the paladin. Give me a bit to change lingos.

If you say DD, I am not going to know what you are talking about.

DPS is part of the parlance. If you think it's just a WoW thing, you haven't been affiliated with the genre for long, I guess.

This. Even League of Legends and other MOBA games use DPS. It isn't just an MMO thing, let alone "WoW."

If you say DD, I am not going to know what you are talking about.

DPS is part of the parlance. If you think it's just a WoW thing, you haven't been affiliated with the genre for long, I guess.

excuse me sir but that is not correckt....

i have been playing mmos over 10 years - **** i got old - and damage dealing classes were always called DD

DPS gained popularity after parsers *damage meters* were used and therefor people started to ask for DPS... but if you look at EQ/EQ2/VG people still tend to ask for a DD instead of a DPS

DPS is pretty universal and not just a WoW term. I've played other games and used the term including the old books and paper days of Dungeons and Dragons.

Been playing mmo's for about 8 years now and the first time i ever heard of DD was in rift ,was told it was an russian thing lol.

(played EvE ,Lotro ,Aion ,WoW ,War and Rift.)

Edited by Szeph

the term DPS has been around since before even MMO's - This is a universal term and should always remain the term used.

Worst thing ever is when ******** game devs try to change MMO staples (Like chat colors? ***? everyone knows that Purple is tell, Blue is group, Green is guild - Why are you changing this?)

OP, you're wrong, as usual.

The term DPS has been around a lot longer than using DD. Everytime I saw the term DD, I was lead to believe it was someone joking about bra cup size, not damage dealing. I've been playing MMOs since Everquest first came out, cutting into UO's market and taking a fair share of people due to it being connected to Sony and its FF franchise, and the term DD was obsolete then. Quit acting elitist and being that "special snowflake", because you're not.

DPS is here to stay. Period.

DPS = is from way before wows time, and DD is Direct damage which would confuse people if you used ii in place of dps.

Actually, you are wrong. DD means "Damage Dealer".

As for DPS and DD.

WoW is the one who made "dps" famous. DD kinda drowned. A few other games before WoW did use DPS but where not effecting the rest of the world like what WoW did.

I prefear using DD because it is more correct.

LF1M Damage Dealer. vs LF1M Damage per second.