This game feels abandoned

HexDecimalUK

And it has done for a long loong time since before free2play and while i am looking forwards to new games in 2014 (ESO/Wildstar/Titanfall/etc) i would certainly rather stay on SW:TOR but not if it remains as it is, IMO it needs the event to be happening faaar more frequently, and i don't just mean the gree, the bounty hunter thing, double XP days that might or might not be happening every often enough to not care about any of them, but there isn't even any daily events to hightail it round the galaxy to. When im playing other MMOs or even multiplayer MODs "that shall not be named" its like every 2 hours something happens for me to plan my evening for as well as big weekend things. i come to this and its just que for warzones, grind daily's, im a PVPer mostly so that's kind of it for me and even then my daily's are souly for the sake of stims. I mean there could be so much more going on in the game if someone just organized it.

:2 hours of valor and bolster in outlaws den

:raid bosses attacking kaas city or even the FLEET

:NPC invasions of random friendly zones

:double XP drop in/drop out Open space combat

:Mining events like 2 hours of awesome drops in specific places like again kaas city and so on

:2 hours of faster crafting

:Po'Companion'mon load into arenas with ur companion and u can only control their quick-bars

:Pet-Hunts (and realy they need to be respawning when their available who the hell re-clicks them after every Ops just sayin)

:2 hours of PVE coms drop-chance in certain places

:gambling on naar shaddar (i also seem to remember a droid race back in the day)

: tickets to load into ranked arenas as a spectator in spectator boxes (grey out quick bars)

:add a form of bolster and access to coruscation for imps and DK for pubs lowbies can insta-gib their enemy's for 2 hours but also have 55 enemy players spawning in random areas, will you defend your own young-lings or invade?

: hunt down Revan (he is hiding somewhere in the galaxy as a world boss, find him and call for re reinforcements, defeat him for rewards) once u target him he throws up a shield that requires a 30 man group to beat lowby worlds could bolster any player in the fight perhapse?

there is soo much potential for spontaneity in the galaxy that just is not happening and Im sure bioware could invent hundreds of these things and just being around for these things would give allot of players who like myself are becoming bored with the same routine day in day out, the game feels almost totally written off with a few token events once in a blue moon instead of a regular bases maybe just because the devs have nothing better to do or EA just dont think its worth paying them to organise these things and if they don't care why should we? even the facebook page has more events than this game does how sad is that? why cant the gree land for 2 days of the week every 2 weeks ilum is totally dead for the second week of the last 2, same with the bounty thing, same with double XP weekends i mean in all seriousness bioware do you want people to play this game or not?

EDIT: TLDR: Yes i mean this game needs more live dynamic events to bring the galaxy to life, including making use of the slowly added content.

No, the game doesn't feel abandoned. 150 people in INSTANCE 1 of the fleet last night. That's not abandoned. Lots of folks play it.

If you don't like the content they are rolling out, that's not the same as the game feeling "abandoned." As they are, in fact, rolling out new content on a regular basis, it doesn't even fit the definition of "abandoned" in any way.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't qualify. On rails means you have no control over your ship flying freely it only moves in a straight direction. Shure you can move side to side from you're still only moving in a straight direction with no control on where you go.

This is not GSF. Sorry to make you sad.

How about minimalist linear POS? Better?

Just in case that wasn't the sarcasm I expect it was, yes EA owns and develops ToR. EA bought Bioware, Bioware was slowly gutted like all companies EA buys out, you now have EAware. EA even renamed a dozen of it's own previously owned divisions "Bioware" immediately upon purchase to give it's lesser developer houses "good" brand recognition.

R.I.P. Bioware, Long Die EAware.

Thank you, Zorvan. Thats exacly what i tried to say.

When EA bought Bioware, most of those beutiful promises about game being super-uniqe got brought to same formula as many other mmorpg games + awesome Single Player-alike leveling experience. And that, aside of bolster system(which was sadly ignored at max lvl, even tho it could have been awesome balancing system for all-level pvp) became main redeeming qualities of the game. When you reached end game tho, it became just another grind of similar kind as WoW.

When game went F2P it was obvious, that those qualities werent enough to maintain the playerbase, so it was decided to milk the game as much as its possible. Before it ends like Warhammer online(also destroyed by EA).

Well, even though it's new content it's not really what was asked about. Starfighter is basically a new PvP Arena, isn't it?

What was asked for was events that make the whole game world come alive. There's a difference.

EXACTLY, i wouldnt even think about going TESO if they would implement HALF of those ideas (nice OP!!)

Well, even though it's new content it's not really what was asked about. Starfighter is basically a new PvP Arena, isn't it?

What was asked for was events that make the whole game world come alive. There's a difference.

People have been asking for off rails space combat since before launch. Granted, people wanted it to include PvE as well, but maybe they will add that one day...

People have been asking for off rails space combat since before launch. Granted, people wanted it to include PvE as well, but maybe they will add that one day...

Of course, and it is a great addition to the game even without a PvE functionality. But at the same time, it's the main game world you spend the most time in, and if you can really make the world come alive. Every place you go will seem more interesting and open for you, there would always be a few different things to do.

Of couse, we all want everything at once, and we all know that isn't happening...

it's the main game world you spend the most time in,

Since the release of GS, I've spent more time in space. Never the less, that is subjective on a per player basis, so I wont argue that point. However your previous post that I was replying to said that GS wasnt what was asked for, and you are clearly wrong. People *have* been asking for that since beta. You may not have personally asked for it, but many people did.

Since the release of GS, I've spent more time in space. Never the less, that is subjective on a per player basis, so I wont argue that point. However your previous post that I was replying to said that GS wasnt what was asked for, and you are clearly wrong. People *have* been asking for that since beta. You may not have personally asked for it, but many people did.

Well, to be fair when something new is released, everyone would want to spend time with it. That's natural. That will probably wear off with much the same reason the main world wore off.

What I mean when it I said it wasn't what was asked for, I meant that what players really wanted was to be able to fly free, much like in SWG. It's definately what I want, but I'm not saying now that I don't like GS, because it's fun, but it is a PvP arena after all, and something you jump into, then jump out of. It's not like jumping into your ship, piloting it around in space above and around the space station. Then deciding to go to lightspeed and continue flying around with your ship.

It's not really the same thing. GS you have to queue for, it's not something you can hop into when you want, the queue has to let you in first.

Well, to be fair when something new is released, everyone would want to spend time with it. That's natural. That will probably wear off with much the same reason the main world wore off.

What I mean when it I said it wasn't what was asked for, I meant that what players really wanted was to be able to fly free, much like in SWG. It's definately what I want, but I'm not saying now that I don't like GS, because it's fun, but it is a PvP arena after all, and something you jump into, then jump out of. It's not like jumping into your ship, piloting it around in space above and around the space station. Then deciding to go to lightspeed and continue flying around with your ship.

It's not really the same thing. GS you have to queue for, it's not something you can hop into when you want, the queue has to let you in first.

Not to be negative, but that seems rather useless and boring to me. What would be the point of just flying around the galaxy? There is nothing to discover. At least if I just went "exploring" on a planet, there would be things to find or do. Flying around space without any combat or objective does not seem like something many people would enjoy.

Not to be negative, but that seems rather useless and boring to me. What would be the point of just flying around the galaxy? There is nothing to discover. At least if I just went "exploring" on a planet, there would be things to find or do. Flying around space without any combat or objective does not seem like something many people would enjoy.

You said it except missed that space combat would be included in that free flight. Perhaps you are not familiar with how SWG did it, but there was free flight, you could sit and watch out the window how others fought, and so on. It was alive. You could ride around with eachother ships, man gun turrets and so on. It really was amazing, and that is what would be great in SWTOR too.

Edited by Wintermist

You said it except missed that space combat would be included in that free flight. Perhaps you are not familiar with how SWG did it, but there was free flight, you could sit and watch out the window how others fought, and so on. It was alive. You could ride around with eachother ships, man gun turrets and so on. It really was amazing, and that is what would be great in SWTOR too.

Yeah, I have no clue how it was done in SWG. I played SWG for a few months when it first came out. That was it.

This is a vastly different (better, IMO) game than SWG. I'm not saying that I wouldn't mind some different mechanics in the gameplay, but it has to make sense for what this game is.

And it has done for a long loong time since before free2play and while i am looking forwards to new games in 2014 (ESO/Wildstar/Titanfall/etc) i would certainly rather stay on SW:TOR

Then do so. The choice is yours.

To those who keep saying "TOR is not as good as SWG," well, go play an SWG emu. "Problem" solved.

Edited by branmakmuffin

It's abandoned because they are too busy making new things for the cartel market instead of making content. The game should be called Star War the Cartel Market.

Yeah.. They should create a 3D space game instead of focusing on Cartel Market.. oh wait..

I mean there could be so much more going on in the game if someone just organized it.

:2 hours of valor and bolster in outlaws den

:raid bosses attacking kaas city or even the FLEET

:NPC invasions of random friendly zones

:double XP drop in/drop out Open space combat

:Mining events like 2 hours of awesome drops in specific places like again kaas city and so on

:2 hours of faster crafting

:Po'Companion'mon load into arenas with ur companion and u can only control their quick-bars

:Pet-Hunts (and realy they need to be respawning when their available who the hell re-clicks them after every Ops just sayin)

:2 hours of PVE coms drop-chance in certain places

:gambling on naar shaddar (i also seem to remember a droid race back in the day)

: tickets to load into ranked arenas as a spectator in spectator boxes (grey out quick bars)

:add a form of bolster and access to coruscation for imps and DK for pubs lowbies can insta-gib their enemy's for 2 hours but also have 55 enemy players spawning in random areas, will you defend your own young-lings or invade?

: hunt down Revan (he is hiding somewhere in the galaxy as a world boss, find him and call for re reinforcements, defeat him for rewards) once u target him he throws up a shield that requires a 30 man group to beat lowby worlds could bolster any player in the fight perhapse?

These are freaking awesome ideas!!!! AWESOME IDEAS!

Please keep these ideas around...great and easy suggestions!

We do NOT need the BBA to come around more often. I hate that event, it's dull and boring. I feel events should come ever 2-4 months.

Nobody is making you run the event, why would it bother you if others had the chance more often?

Abandoned.

I am sure you have only the best intentions hereabouts but SWTOR is hardly abandoned. Anyone who has even a passing interest or who logs in occassionally to SWTOR can see that.

Nonetheless, I agree with your message if not its phrasing and medium. SWTOR could benefit from more dynamic and spontaneous mechanics, though they are often the features of more sandbox, old school MMOs.

:)