Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancer’s outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Once again I thank you, for clearing things out and not rushing to a decision to revert stuff back asap. I was beginning to fear that my fixed Revan's Robe will soon be unfixed again. :jawa_smile:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the post back in December they let this sit for much to long. They should of hotfixed the phantom promo it's self, the piece of gear, or just pulled the set all together. That's to say nothing about HOW an obvious error like this made it live in the 1st place. I mean it's not like some random bug or w/e all u need is eyes to find it.

I think the problem a lot of players have with the Phantom fix at least is that prior to today you could only get it by chance in a cartel pack so if anyone was unhappy with it not matching the promo they could at least not equip it and sell it to someone else.

The way this played out the fix probably directly effected more people then the initial error did. At least there was a work around for people who got it randomly: dont equip it & sell it if you dont like it. Also It's not just a chestpiece alone, it throws the gloves, pants, head, and boots that people picked to go with it out of whack too.

Moreover I think the devs need to really do more about character customization in general.

METRICS don't show how much time a lot of players put into finding the right combo of items they like and the research they do about what's available to them. I truly think this is one of those things where they need to look deeper than what tracking data shows them. The adaptable stuff is a great step in that direction but freedom of cosmetic character customization is not a new concept in AAA MMOs.

Personally I'm used to not being crazy about how my character's look so it's kind of like w/e. But that in it's self is kind of sad. It's a lot easier for players to form attachments or "love" our characters if we are happy with the way they look.

"Love comes in through the eyes" to qoute a popular series.

Edited by foxxecho

• The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancer’s outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

That's fine, I'd just like my money back in that case.

I didn't purchase these items for the box art, I purchased these items for what they actually looked like in game at the time. Now what I have is not what I purchased. Thank you for making me a very unhappy person. I'll be sure to consider this approach when it comes time to renew my sub.

This is ******** and you know it! I'm assuming this isnt your first time on the forums and website, thus you already knew that the first models were wrong as they didnt look like the models on the cartel pack. Bioware said they would fix this and they did. If you bought the pack and thought you were getting the new look I would have understood your ********, but now that they actually FIXED something you whine like a baby.

I'm guessing you want Revan's Robes to go back to previous state aswell?

The Revan change was an improvement. The change to Spymaster and Phantom a huge, unnecessary hit with the UglyStick™. The ART should be changed to reflect what is ACTUALLY in the pack. I don't even understand where they are GETTING their Art if it so constantly doesn't match what is IN the pack.

all right folks, i talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• the revan outfit was adjusted to look more like revan’s armor in the game.
  • the spymaster and the phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the cartel market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • currently, the stylish dancer’s outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.

we apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the cartel market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

thank you!!!!

OP, I have some good news:

:jawa_cool:

Edited by Aelther

I will be expecting about $40-$50 or at least that much worth in cartel coins as a refund for the cartel packs i bought in order to get the complete sets for my characters.

Edited by AmyBA

Me too. I'll also be unsubbing if this is not fixed so as to offer both appearance choices to people who already purchased.

Regardless of how this arose, Bioware have been made aware loud and clear that people are unhappy, some with the original looks and some with the new.

Solutions have been suggested in this thread and others that could make *everyone* happy. Simple ones.

I do not see anyone from Bioware saying "let's do the thing that would make ALL the people who give us money happy".

I see them saying "Let's do the thing that will involve least effort on our part."

I do not consider that good enough.

Edited by winterjane

Thank you for making it clear that you don't care about those of us who didn't speak up AGAINST the changes because we didn't know there was a problem in the first place, Bioware. You gave in to a vocal minority and not a silent majority who were happy, at least in the case of the Phantom armor. Changing something after it's been out for a while - instead of giving a choice to the ones who weren't complaining - is bad form. Both should be made available - it's the only way to be fair.

I won't be spending any more money on Cartel packs. You handled this poorly, and simply saying, "Oh, this was intentional - too bad" just highlights the poor customer service that you've become notorious for. "We apologize for the inconvenience" is industry speak for "please just go away because we don't really care". I should know - I work in support. I've fed more than a handful of people that line before.

If this is so I would like to politely ask why was the Trailblazer set changed for? it is not advertised anywhere so there was nothing wrong with it, yet now this outfit's looks where changed from under our collective feet without any sort of warning whatsoever (forum or otherwise)

That was the polite part now the rant :D

So the old sets where changed to match the vague advertising pictures, but with the new dancer set the picture will be changed to match the ingame looks? :mad:

I'm done with the cartel store as I can't trust anything I buy in it will stay as I bought it anymore.

Edited by Andronicos

I will be expecting about $40-$50 or at least that much worth in cartel coins as a refund for the cartel packs then.

It's not their fault you went about acquiring this armor the poor way. Almost all of these sets were on the GTN 2 days after release and have been ever since. No one made you go crazy on gambling bags.

Adding my name to the unhappy masses who bought the Phantom chest based on how it looked in the preview who now have to seek out another look and spend time/credits pulling mods and augmenting all over again.

Anybody got any good suggestions on what to switch to that works for light armor?

This is the same argument as:

"Sorry officer, I didn't know about the driving change the city passed. I was too busy driving to read the new legislation."

It doesn't matter what percentage of people visit the forums. If they put it on the launcher do you think people would read it? Probably not; people as a rule don't read notices. Should they annoy people in-game with a plethora of pop-ups every time the developers comment on something? Outside of the obvious displeasure that would cause, people still wouldn't read it.

This is how the real world works. Announcements are made on websites, notice boards, or whatever else. They're not shoved in your face. It is your responsibility to go out there and read the information. My work sends out important notices to e-mail. If I decide not to read it, that's on me and I face the consequences for it. Similiarily, BioWare posted a notice in an easily accessible space on their website. If you don't read it, it's on you.

edit: As another poster pointed out, they also published this on Known Issues on their customer service board. So it was in two places. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Once again, a very poorly constructed metaphor. Sorry, but that isn't at all like this.

If a town made a new speed limit law there would be a SIGN on the ROAD where it was changed, a place where anyone driving there would see it and thereby know it was being done. (And I honestly can't determine what other driving laws might change, but I know when seat belts because a requirement there were signs on the roads about that too).

Troll harder, cuz I'm pretty sure that's all you're doing at this point. There is absolutely NO legitimate reason that ANYONE should be against there being two armor sets - one that looks like the original 'wrong' armor and one that looks like the advertisement armor.

I got the phantom chestpeice and gloves from the GTN... i previewd them, and bought them because of how they looked...the one with out the lame shoulder , and with out a hood!

Are you and BW gona rob me on the look i spent time, credits and money to get?!?

So BW better give me that pre-patch look back!!!

Update: C.S. Joveth even says it should appear like the promos

------------------------------------------------ Update ending

The Phantom set is, as and was ALWAYS Based as an inquisitor ROBE.

Crime Lord Pack gave an orange moddable set for Smugglers and Agents

Blockade Runner gave INQUSITORS and Consulars

Skip Tracer gave Knights and Warriors

Space Pirate will give Troopers and Bounty Hunters

Phantom set was to be as it looks on the advertisment, and I'll be damned if me, or the hundreds who wanted it fixed and have begged for it for 3 weeks will be ignored on our long plight.

Its not built to be a stealthy all black scubby ninja shirt. It was a Robe, why does no many people not understand this? You are complaining it looks like a robe now BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IT IS. Seriously, this is frustrating. You guys put this on a Smuggler or a Agent or whoever thats your issue for putting a robe on that character and expecting it to magically transform to what you wish it to be.

It is plain and simple.

"All of the armor made for the cartel market were NOT quality checked by bioware, They did not notice or realize their error until the big obvious missing components on the Blockade Set. The items were ALL FIXED TO WHAT THEY WERE ORIGINALLY SPECIFIED TO LOOK LIKE."

Look closely at the Crime Lord Pack, The Spymaster set is now exactly as it is advertised, Eye Scanner on the helmet and all.

I don't really care if this thread gets flamed on because they think I am wrong, when I am putting logic into this. Not to mention it was listed in the known bugs for the longest time.

Besides Revan's Lower Robe default color being brown as a bug, and The Chestpeice having a 2nd hood mesh on the back. Everything is what it was supposed to be.

It does not need to be turned back. I can call out False Advertising with a legal right for a refund if it gets changed back, me and hundreds of others who have complained in the CS thread since December wanting this to be the way it was supposed to be.

Quote from all the people on the forums saying it wasnt explained enough on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=570402&highlight=false+advertising

It's not their fault you went about acquiring this armor the poor way. Almost all of these sets were on the GTN 2 days after release and have been ever since. No one made you go crazy on gambling bags.

I had no problems spending the real money to buy the items. None at all, I have the financial means to do and it got me multiple armor sets I really liked for a game I enjoy. When I did it, they were NOT on GTN, as I checked there first. Only ONE piece was, and it was the spymaster body piece for 1 million credits. I have a problem with it now, since they changed the appearance of something I paid for, to something I would have never paid for, without warning (and don't say a post in a thread on a forum is warning, it isn't. Add to that the post was made AFTER I had already acquired the items), and thus should be reimbursed.

Edited by AmyBA

so all those that bought the items for their look in the preview should be getting a refund for what was spent. Or will we get the older look as a different set? Your post does not answer all the questions.

Yeah, because them spending the necessary resources to figure out who bought what and how much they spent is the absolute best way for them to prioritize their time. The sets came out bugged, people complained, Bioware stated that they would be fixed and now they are.

[*]Currently, the Stylish Dancer’s outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.

Umm.. the Stylish Dancer outfit is white. Preview as white and is part of the Blockade Runner's Pack. The problem is that the Stylish Dancer's outfit is being shown as part of the Skip Tracer's pack when it's the Red Fancy Revealer's outfit, which has an entirely different hat, that is the new female only (Yet again another skimpy female only outfit offered up with no male only equivalent) in the Skip Tracer's Pack. Again it's not a problem with the Stylish Dancer picture being the wrong color, but the wrong outfit entirely being shown.

Edited by Jarikith

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Maybe I am wrong here, but none of the Pet Droids shown in the art for Skip Tracer Packs are actually available from the Skip Tracer Packs. They were all introduced in the Blockade Runner Packs, right? Does this mean all of the ugly Womp Weasel will be redrawn in the next patch? :confused:

RE the Armor changes: I empathize with those who spent credits or cartel coins to get the look they wanted; however, in BW's defense this has been on the Known Issues List. Still, it seems like there has to be a good solution for all.

Edited by oofalong