Tanks and 6-7k aoe crits this is ridiculous!!!

Alexdaphnis

Having heavy armour , shield , defensive abilties etc and they can crit for 6-7 k aoe is just absurd , what was in developers mind i have no clue and please stop with that moron argument that it needs 2 prerequisite many classes do this and dont get so high dmg and aoe included it ruins any kind of balance Edited by Alexdaphnis

Having heavy armour , shield , defensive abilties etc and they can crit for 6-7 k aoe is just absurd , what was in developers mind i have no clue and please stop with that moron argument that it needs 2 prerequisite many classes do this and dont get so high dmg and aoe included it ruins any kind of balance

i have a 50 jugg in full champ minus one tionese and 3 or 4 vindicators, and a columni shield.

I am rage spec, i stack a rakata surge stim with a surge relic and i have never gotten

the 5k dmg medal. 4800 lots of times but never 5k

maybe im doing something wrong, maybe i havent found the right fresh to 50 to pray on

/shrug

just seems everyone screaming OMG! 7k crits everywhere!..... well where are mine?

I know right! I also hate how the healers can instantly heal themselves and all teammates close to them for 6-7k all the time!

And then the dps, where do I even begin... I mean, being able to actually ONE-SHOT people is just not fair. 18k crits should not be possible. Nerf dps. And that thing where they hit everyone around them for the same damage? Instant win button. Not fair.

Not sure if trolling.

EDIT: I seem to be the only one actually questioning those numbers. Can tanks actually crit for 6-7k? I don't care if it's with buffs or not, can they do it at all? If so, then that is insanely overpowered.

Edited by andytheape

I agree and disagree. When (If) they fix how buggy the AOE dmg works (half the time it doesn't hit people in range), and also when (if) they fix how the tanks heavy armor + shield work (Heavy armor seems to make no difference and shields only work against white hits), then I agree. But as it is now a "tank" can spec the same as a non tank and basically be identical.

Well the surge nerf yesterday should have taken the edge off the really big crits, only someone with high PvP gear + buffs vs someone without should get 6-7k crits now. I'd imagine an average of 4-5k which isnt that unusual for a DPS build character. Heavy armor is only useful verses normal damage hits, which are only a small percentage of the damage floating around the battlefield.

Also a Focus build guardian (which I assume your referring to) has very unreliable DPS in general. The AoE as you mentioned requires a setup, and has a very small AoE range. It requires you to get in the middle of everyone to use. If the damage of the other abilities of a Focus guardian was high, then I'd agree with you but it's pretty much an 'All your eggs in one basket' build.

It's not overpowered since the Stims/Adrenal stacking was nerfed. Now Surge has been knocked back as well. Personally I find it too much of a one-shot wonder to play as one. I switched to Vigilance spec.

Having heavy armour , shield , defensive abilties etc and they can crit for 6-7 k aoe

Nah, that's the elusive 31/31/31 build in action.

Ya know, Assault Plastique -> Incendiary Round -> HIB -> Storm -> Gut -> Stockstrike -> some Commando's knockback -> Blitz = x.x

Seriosuly though, I've gotten the 2.5 one a few times with relic and adrenal on my Shield spec in Supercommando armor. What if I spec assault, stack more Aim instead of End and wear a crit/surge armor? HIB ignores 60% of it so in theory it can maybe crit a fresh 50? Or not a HIB but an Assault Plastique? Just tninkin'.

Edited by Eager

I m bit lazy to search for every screenshots etc...just take this video and enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWx_mcAQBY

Lets talk after you watch this video and yeah is after 1.1

He's fighting pre-50 players, so it's not after 1.1. Also it was uploaded the 12th of January. Go back to your cave troll.

On-topic: If tanks can crit 6-7k in pvp they obviously need a nerf.

Edited by andytheape

i have a 50 jugg in full champ minus one tionese and 3 or 4 vindicators, and a columni shield.

I am rage spec, i stack a rakata surge stim with a surge relic and i have never gotten

maybe im doing something wrong, maybe i havent found the right fresh to 50 to pray on

/shrug

just seems everyone screaming OMG! 7k crits everywhere!..... well where are mine?

I think thee crits was mainly when it was 50vs lower levels.

I have seen jugs and guardians do some sick aoe damage on my vanguard but never seen it either, then again heavy armor.

Vs my scoundrel I have been hit extremly hard but never 7k.

5k crits yes, but indeed with they have expertise buff and adrenals running.

I guess with a huge gap in expertise its possible but then its a gear difference not anything else.

That you though are able to perform this wich is equal to a stealth opener from an operative or scoundrel is rather interesting.

Still, I personally dont have a problem with it.

A rage spec Jug is not a tank

Just like a pyro merc is not a healer

Just like a healer spec Op isnt going to insta-gib you with backstabs

Classes have more than one role depending on how they spec. Welcome to SWTOR, do you need help getting past Hutta?

/shrug

Its tanks in full battlemaster and stacking fro crit mult. The problem is that the juggs has to run a ridiculous attack sequence that can be easily avoided by CCing him interrupting it knocking him back or just plain running away.

sry my mistake real video edited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLo3st0rqg

that looks impressive, but watch the video. She gets one of those big crits per warzone. (see one in huttball, then shes in alderan etc) And everything else she throws out hits for 800-1.5k so if you can survivie the initial smash, she is a puppy until choke/shatter comes off CD.

also she whines in the OP that she thinks the class sucks. Also it looks like she is stacking surge by picking apart her champ gear. And this is before surge nerf.

I wish i could do that!

Its tanks in full battlemaster and stacking fro crit mult. The problem is that the juggs has to run a ridiculous attack sequence that can be easily avoided by CCing him interrupting it knocking him back or just plain running away.

as was said before, in order to get big smash crits you have to go deep into rage, and at least 3 pts into vengeance which leaves about nothing that is tank related.

and yes, so easy to counter.

1. wait until you see a smash go off

2. knockback

3. no damage done, and cd wasted

win!

Lets not kid yourself its still in heavy armour , shield , still has cool defensive abilities...if you think is normal to do 7 k aoe dmg as dps tank pls show me dmg of real dps classes that do this kind of dmg , every real dps classes trade dps for lower armour no shield etc...

what aoe abilities crit for that amount? what class? etc

Jedi Guardian Focus spec/Sith Juggernaut Rage spec. Sith ability is called Smash, I don't know the name of the Jedi Guardian equivalent.

I haven't seen any other classes reaching as high crits as Warriors/Jedi Knights can achieve with Smash. It seems overpowered, but it is not too bad since the Warrior has to do a lot of stuff to make it happen and the rest of his/her damage is not really up to par with other classes sustained damage.

Having heavy armour , shield , defensive abilties etc and they can crit for 6-7 k aoe is just absurd , what was in developers mind i have no clue and please stop with that moron argument that it needs 2 prerequisite many classes do this and dont get so high dmg and aoe included it ruins any kind of balance

They're not tanks if they are AOE critting for 6-7k. They're Rage spec'd, which is not a tank spec. Thanks!

I'll never understand the QQ about Rage Juggs/Focus Guardians - it's a one-trick pony. Against good players it's as effective as a wet noodle as there's so much obvious setup to pulling it off required they just stun you and move out of the way.

OP - if you're fighting a "zomg aoe killer tank" again and you see them CHARGE at you, then for the love of jeebus, STUN them and get some distance. 99% of the time, a big ol' AoE smash is coming after that charge.

Also the amount of utility and survivability you lose by going deep Rage is just silly.

636 Expertise Focus spec Guardian here. I have seen 6k+ Sweep crits less than 5 times, the stars have to really align for that happen. I have never seen a 7k+.

And that was BEFORE yesterday's Surge nerf, and requires me to be Biochem. I doubt I will ever see 6k+ again in the gear currently available.

Edited by Crowingzero

Lets not kid yourself its still in heavy armour , shield , still has cool defensive abilities...if you think is normal to do 7 k aoe dmg as dps tank pls show me dmg of real dps classes that do this kind of dmg , every real dps classes trade dps for lower armour no shield etc...

heavy armour =/= tank.

end thread.