Purple crystal schematics in game or not?

Pigdaddy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

purple crystals were available on the vendor before 1.2 hit.

where were you guys?

I didn't want to buy my crystal... I want to earn it, craft it. Plus, I thought they said in 1.2 more schems would be available and that crystals previously available from the fleet vendor would still be in the game post 1.2 (with the exception of white)

The schematics are in game, not sure how you learn them or where to find them but on the Warriors of the Shadow server, a guy has the +41 crit Cyan and the +41 Power Purple Crystals for Sale that say made by him... so they are out there... somewhere

purple crystals were available on the vendor before 1.2 hit.

where were you guys?

Because I stupidly/wrongly assumed that if they're selling it for 250k prior to the patch that they'd be available in a craftable form where I'd be able to gather materials and craft it for less that. You'd think that's how this would work, like, "Oh, you can spend a lot more to buy it OR you can make your own or buy from other crafters."

Apparently that makes too much sense though...

They are in game got a schematic for a 41 endurance magenta earlier today while doing dallies on corellia droped off a gold mob

hey magenta isnt purple.

I got a purple schematic for a 41 expertise, i bought in on GTM, i was in luck it was cheap enough for me ot buy it.

early day sof 1.2 though.

Edited by Spartanik

the way they've refused to give levellers purple crystals really does baffle me.

I may sound irrational, but serious what you wrote above has made me so angry since launch that it has really hurt my enjoyment of the game. Dumb or not, its true. It makes no sense for them to limit purple and orange.

Yikes, this debate has gone on in so many threads I wonder why I don't just give it up. And I just cant get why Bioware will not answer us on this issue.

Ask Mr Robot shows the only Purple and Cyan crystals available are the Expertise crystals.

Power, Critical and Endurance are available for:

Blue

Green

Magenta

Orange

Red

Yellow

Expertise is only available for:

Blue

Yellow

Purple

Cyan

So that answers the question if Purple schematics are in game.

Now we only need to know where we can find the Green schematics. They're not on the daily vendors and not on the PvP vendors. So where are they?

The schematics are in game, not sure how you learn them or where to find them but on the Warriors of the Shadow server, a guy has the +41 crit Cyan and the +41 Power Purple Crystals for Sale that say made by him... so they are out there... somewhere

Sweet! Care to ask him where he may have gotten these? I'm def interested in being able to craft both cyan and purple +41 power, crit, endurance crystals.

Check to see if they have "Made By <Player Name>" on them. If they don't, then more than likely he stockpiled a bunch from the vendor and is now just selling them off.

Any updates here?

Yikes, this debate has gone on in so many threads I wonder why I don't just give it up. And I just cant get why Bioware will not answer us on this issue.

No kidding, its not like we haven't tried to make a big stink about it. I don't understand why they can't just give us a freakin answer?!

I know this may be obvious to some, but just pointing it out: they are making certain color crystals rarer to keep value in the items.

Since it's more rare, people who get the schematic will be able to earn a good profit.

Artificers were saying before that they had no way to earn money - now they can. Of course, the hard part is getting the schematics themselves (which is the whole topic of the thread).

IMO, I'd much rather have the colors be super rare than the stats. At least there is no actual imbalance going on stat wise due to rare crystals - just color differences (which, trust me I know, are frustrating - but better than stat imbalance).

What is so rare about the purple? Theres still the fact You the Artificer must pay 1000 warzone comms to purchase the 1 Baradium Flux(+31 expertise). And if your real lucky.....you can use 2000 warzone comms to buy 2 Baradium Flux's to craft the +41 expertise Purple crystal... Those are hard earned comms.....what about gear?

I guess Im asking .."Whats your time worth to craft em?"

cause your putting in some real time for once for the crafting of these items. What do you charge an hour?

Signed

Aradel from The Wound in the Force

Heres where i got mine. C2 unit in the speeder shop....grade 7 pvp boxes. Cost fleet comms to get ....so break out the ships and start doing them space missions...

Care to be a little more specfic? Got your what, Purple Schem? What are the stats for it? +41 End/pwr/crit? or expt?

IMO, I'd much rather have the colors be super rare than the stats. At least there is no actual imbalance going on stat wise due to rare crystals - just color differences (which, trust me I know, are frustrating - but better than stat imbalance).

I'm fine with having rare colors, obv it drives the desire to earn these 'rare' crystals. I just want to know why there are apparently no edur/power/crit versions of cyan or purple to learn (only expertise versions)?

It would be nice if BW could disassociate color with stats... in other words, color is color only... you thus have ONE schematic per color and have a separate crystal or something else for stats.

Edited by AdamGe

Care to be a little more specfic? Got your what, Purple Schem? What are the stats for it? +41 End/pwr/crit? or expt?

The fleet commendations vendor does not sell PvP crafting boxes. At least not on the Imperial side. Unless the PvE crafting boxes you can buy with fleet comms have a chance to yield schematics for non-expertise crystals. But I can't confirm this. I doubt it's true.

The fleet commendations vendor does not sell PvP crafting boxes. At least not on the Imperial side. Unless the PvE crafting boxes you can buy with fleet comms have a chance to yield schematics for non-expertise crystals. But I can't confirm this. I doubt it's true.

A guildie got a crystal schemetics from the grade 7 box purchased with ship comm. I didnt ask which color or what stats though.

Expertise is only available for:

Blue

Yellow

Purple

Cyan

That's not true. On the Ebon Hawk server someone is selling the schematic for a Purple Endurance +41 on GTN for 1 million. Apparently there are schematics for non-Expertise crystals, but I don't know how where to get them.

A guildie got a crystal schemetics from the grade 7 box purchased with ship comm. I didnt ask which color or what stats though.

Would you be able to find out and post back? I'm sitting on a ton of fleet comms across characters.

That's not true. On the Ebon Hawk server someone is selling the schematic for a Purple Endurance +41 on GTN for 1 million. Apparently there are schematics for non-Expertise crystals, but I don't know how where to get them.

I can confirm this. Just saw a purple crystal schemetics (non-expertise but i dont remember exactly which) on the GTN a few days ago. Not sure where they got them but i assume grade 7 box purchased with ship comm is one way

Would you be able to find out and post back? I'm sitting on a ton of fleet comms across characters.

kk i will update you when i see him ingame again today.

I have a number of Purple crystals for sale on Jung Ma, Republic Side.

All of the +41 power variety; but I got them off the crystal vendor pre-1.2

There is someone on my server that's been trying to sell pre-1.2 purples for 750,000. Since 1.2 I have yet to see a war hero crystal schematic or even a war hero crafted crystal on the GTN. People aren't selling them or the schematics are super rare. The PvE schematics don't even show up on the SWTOR DB sites. I bought some grade 7 boxes with fleet comms. No schematics yet. I even checked an alt on a high population server...no sign of the crystals or schematics.

Edited by Cupelixx