Consular voice

redsovereign

I know I apologize.. I know this have been talked about over and over but the thing is that when I bought the game for early access this is how epic I thought the consular voice and lines would be:

The voice and script is awesome in this trailer...

And to this day I still don't understand what happened

Edited by redsovereign

But that's just the thing, the male doesn't sound derpy in the trailer... But might be as the other guy said, that the voice was changed.

Why they would do this though I do not understand I think the trailer vocie is very epic and very proper to a jedi who hav e great wisdom.

The problem with the Consular's voice is it's pretty obvious they didn't do it all in one take. Nolan North is extremely prolific and probably had a lot of other voices to work on. So the voice work is disjointed and sometimes it's like he isn't speaking into the Mic. [which you'd think the guy who did the voice of Desmond in 5 assassin's creed games would know how to do] And in the end it has it's issues.

It is probably the poorest male voice in the game.

That said he does sound a lot better at the end of act 2. [like when you melt that imperial doctor's brain. "What's one more mad scientist in the Empire?"

Edited by maxetius

The problem with the Consular's voice is it's pretty obvious they didn't do it all in one take. Nolan North is extremely prolific and probably had a lot of other voices to work on. So the voice work is disjointed and sometimes it's like he isn't speaking into the Mic. [which you'd think the guy who did the voice of Desmond in 5 assassin's creed games would know how to do] And in the end it has it's issues.

It is probably the poorest male voice in the game.

That said he does sound a lot better at the end of act 2. [like when you melt that imperial doctor's brain. "What's one more mad scientist in the Empire?"

haven't played that far so don't spoil pls :p

But yes i agree with you, its terrible at most situations

It's the same voice actor, you're just hearing new lines.

Nolan North faking an Old English accent is terrible. I know a lot of people love/d North but if he just kept the same tone as he did for Uncharted, I would have felt better. It's nausiating right now and I just tune that stuff out, it's one of the reasons why I would have preferred if all voice actors did lines for all classes and we could choose. I'd have at least picked the Inquisitor, Warrior, or Knight (Solid Snake) voice actors instead.

It's sad when someone like Jonathan Mallen pops up (who voices

in Ninja Theory's DmC) him playing as a Consular would have been ****** for a male role. Edited by tXHereticXt

Must be in the minority here but I actually really liked Nolan's performance in the game. Found it better than the male bounty hunter to be honest and a good fit for the Jedi I was playing. Some lines were a bit jarring but I found that in all the classes, more so in my dark jedi knight im sad to say, was really looking forward to plain solid snake with a lightsaber too :cool:

I actually recently read in another thread that the male Consular feels like it wasn't done in one take (as another in this thread points out). They suggestion Tython feels like it may have been recorded first, and he hadn't gotten a feel for the character yet, and now that I think about it, I agree it really does feel that way. I never got through with Tython, I thought the Consular sounded derpy but I've heard a few times now that through act 2 and especially beyond it does get better as the actor gets a good feel for the character.

I actually dislike the male Jedi Knight voice more, though, followed closely by the female smuggler. Male JK sounds like some skinny little goody two shoes nerdy dweeb, female Smuggler keeps doing this awkward...I don't know how to describe it...goofy thing with her voice that irritates me. The male Consular wasn't that bad, I just felt like it was trying too hard. Male JK and female Smuggler just grated on me though.

I actually dislike the male Jedi Knight voice more, though, followed closely by the female smuggler. Male JK sounds like some skinny little goody two shoes nerdy dweeb, female Smuggler keeps doing this awkward...I don't know how to describe it...goofy thing with her voice that irritates me.

That's surprising to me but I understand that at the same time here I am not liking Nolan North, who has VA'd in games like Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Spec Ops, and so on. I do like the JK (David Hayter) who I thought pulled it off well, he's also the VA for Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid - the accent or mannerisms fit well imo. It's only fair however not everyone will like the same one. That's why I wished they pulled an EQ2 and threw voice actors for each sex to compose the lines of all classes so that we could select which is better, based on a sentence or sound bite. Sadly that would be a lot of work but it would have cost them maybe a month or two longer for release which I would have been fine with.

That's surprising to me but I understand that at the same time here I am not liking Nolan North, who has VA'd in games like Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Spec Ops, and so on. I do like the JK (David Hayter) who I thought pulled it off well, he's also the VA for Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid - the accent or mannerisms fit well imo. It's only fair however not everyone will like the same one. That's why I wished they pulled an EQ2 and threw voice actors for each sex to compose the lines of all classes so that we could select which is better, based on a sentence or sound bite. Sadly that would be a lot of work but it would have cost them maybe a month or two longer for release which I would have been fine with.

Well, I think my perception of the JK voice falls into the same category of the male JC voice--I didn't even get halfway through Tython with it, and the VA might have just not gotten a good feel for the character yet so I didn't actually feel much motivation behind it. I'll probably give it another shot and finish Coruscant before I fully make up my mind. I only did the first conversation and it was just fingernails on a chalk board to me. But several of the classes have that problem. I had a hard time getting into the female BH voice on Hutta as well, but as you go through Hutta and beyond the VA gets to "know the character" so to speak and it's one of my favorite voices in the game. So I know I'll have to actually give JK another -fair- shot.

Not the same voice actor? I haven't played a male consular yet. That sucks then. The female consular is pretty good.

Female Consular flirts are the most dry/boring acting I've ever heard. On Tython the worst line I've heard from her was "I will not give up without a fight" and it was spoken with absolutely no acting skill at all.

Both genders have really bad voice acting on Tython. The female Consular seems to get a little better, but overall she's still pretty dry. Honey badger just don't care. But she grew on me, and she isn't completely without emotion. I don't think it's bad voice acting, per se, I think it's that the VAs were going for the cliche stoic Jedi with a super tight reign on his emotions. Bastila Shan in KOTOR was kind of like this for much of KOTOR.