Guild Summit Day 2 NDA Lifted! Brand New 1.2 Info!

lollermittens

NDA has been lifted in regards to the Guild Summit Day 2. During that time, those invited got some hands-on playtime with the 1.2 beta. Massively joystiq and DarthHater have done a comprehensive job of detailing the changes.

I have summarized what I personally thought were the most interesting changes. I strongly encourage everyone to read the interview with Goerg Zoeller since I was not able to cover all of the information he discusses in it. I also did not cover the new Flashpoint nor the new Operation in detail to not give away spoilers. You guys should read the Darth Hater articles if you want more details.

(And yes, more details about the BH "nerf" at the end of this post).

Links:

Legacy:

Species

• Note
    : All of the values will likely be retooled or changed before the 1.2 patch roll out. Everything here should be treated as such until the final values are updated. Values with * may be incorrect. All species unlocks can be unlocked by getting to 50 with a character of that species.

• Chiss – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8

• Cyborg – Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8

• Human – Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8

• Miraluka – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8

• Mirialan – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Rattataki – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Sith Pureblood – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Twilek – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Zabrak – Unlockable for 500,000* credits , legacy level 8

Alignment:

• Legacy of Sacrifice – Grants the use of the sacrifice ability to all characters. Injures your companion to instantly heal yourself. Requires level 50, Dark V, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Legacy of Unity – Grants the use of the unity ability to all characters. Unity reduces damage to you and your companion for a short duration. Requires level 50, Light V, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Legacy of Equilibrium – Grants the use of the equilibrium ability to all characters. Equilibrium increases damage and healing by you and your companion for a short duration. Requires level 50, neutral, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

Ship Unlocks:

• Mailbox – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Repair Droid – Unlockable for 1 million credits, legacy level 8

• Operation Training Dummy – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

• Warzone Training Dummy – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10, valor rank required

• Black Market Trade Terminal – Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 35

Combat:

• Legacy of Combat: Punch – Unlocks the unarmed combat function. Unlockable for 10,000 credits, legacy level 5, Valor rank level 5

• Legacy of Combat: Jab – Unlockable for 15,000 credits, legacy level 8, valor rank 10

• Legacy of Combat: Uppercut – Unlockable for 20,000 credits, legacy level 10,valor rank 15

• Legacy of Combat: Bash – Unlockable for 25,000 credits, legacy level 15,valor rank 25

Convenience:

• Legacy Fleet Pass – Cuts down the time of the use of Fleet Pass by increments of one hour for each of the levels. There are three levels to it and are unlockable for increments of 50,000 credits, 5 legacy levels (5, 10, 15)

• Legacy Quick Travel – Same as the above except that it is cut down by one minute each level instead.

• Rocket Boost – Short duration speed increase. Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 20

Achievement Mission Terminals :

• Several Achievement Mission Terminals are located in fleets of the two factions that now unlock achievement rewards for doing certain flashpoints, operations, etc.

• These feats require boss kills and more to unlock special speeder skins/colors.

Warzone:

Novare Coast

• Novare Coast is a majority control Warzone that pits two sides against each other

• In order to win, a team will have to control two of the three turret control panels to damage the shielding opposing side’s base

• If interrupted, players can also continue the progress where they left off if they are able to get back to the panel before the other side proceeds to capture it in the other direction

• The capture mechanic works almost like a tug of war centered on the points.

Interview with Georg Zoeller:

Operations:

• We’re not completely happy with the speed of some of the Operation’s fixes.

• We know there are a lot of pain points, especially in Eternity Vault with Soa.

• We now have a very senior team now dedicated specifically to going through all the Operations to make sure that every single report is verified and fixed

• Bugs: there is a dedicated team now dealing with these things and that should hopefully bring the response times more into a realm that we are happy with.

• There is a lot more interaction between the core combat, the balance team, and the Operations design team at this point.

• There are some pain points with area healing in Operations that we are addressing on the class side

Class Balance / Buffs / Nerfs:

• Bounty Hunter Mercenary healers or Scoundrel healers
    : we bolstered their area healing capability with some nice quality of life changes to make their healing output more predictable and overall comfortable to play

• We did some improvement on the Sage and the Sorcerer as well, but we also identified some bugs/exploits that we fixed that caused the class to over-perform.

• Nerfs
    : it’s obviously controversial if we decide we have to nerf something. I don’t expect people to throw us a parade. Ultimately, people are going to be very unhappy.

• There is the small-minded approach of “so many people play Sorcerer, BioWare is never going to touch them.” No, that is not how it works.

• So we did some changes there to rebalance that particular tree to move a bit out of the Tracer Missile, and require you to be more active in your combat style to achieve that kind of effect. You can call that a nerf. I call that housekeeping.

*EDIT*

In response to the price tag attached to the various Legacy unlocks, Georg Zoeller took the time to respond to our concerns (you can find his post in this very same thread):

[...]

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

Edited by lollermittens

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I may have missed it, did they say legacy rewards can be purchased instead of having to gain that legacy level? Are the legacy items listed, do they require both that legacy level and cost or is it either that legacy level or cost?

Edit: BTW - good info. :D

Edited by cbowsin

So I may have missed it, did they say legacy rewards can be purchased instead of having to gain that legacy level? Are the legacy items listed, do they require both that legacy level and cost or is it either that legacy level or cost?

Edit: BTW - good info. :D

Yes. You will be able to purchase Legacy races if you haven't reached 50 yet. I'm still fuzzy myself in regards as to how this whole unlocking thing works but one thing I'm sure of, if you have the 1.5M to unlock the Chiss class, then you'll be able to make a Chiss Sith Warrior for example.

They haven't released the Legacy loot table yet so I can't answer your other question.

Most of this looks sweet, I'm not really sure what the point of "unlocking" humans/zabraks is though. Could this be to unlock the other side's customization options? I.E. getting Sith tatoos on your republic character?

Most of this looks sweet, I'm not really sure what the point of "unlocking" humans/zabraks is though. Could this be to unlock the other side's customization options? I.E. getting Sith tatoos on your republic character?

It's so you can play Zabraks as a class they normally wouldn't be able to play. As for Human, are there any classes they don't have access to?

It's so you can play Zabraks as a class they normally wouldn't be able to play. As for Human, are there any classes they don't have access to?

Name one class that can't play as a Zabrak. I don't think there are any, maybe smuggler/ IA?

And so the nerfs begin... You could always rename it "How to hurt a already damaged game", nerfing always causes hassle & upset, no matter whatever flavour you make it!

Try giving your child a ice cream, now "slap" their face & take the ice cream away, are they upset? Now eat the ice cream with them watching! Well done, you have mastered the art of Nerfing ©Blizzard/Trion/BW.

PS. And no, my main isn't a Sage or Sorc or BH. But the rest of the classes are next, long runs the fox in the world that has become FOTMMMORPGs. :o

On Zabraks, yes. On Humans, No. Since Humans can already be any class, each Human character you get to 50 gives you a Presence Bonus instead.

Name one class that can't play as a Zabrak. I don't think there are any, maybe smuggler/ IA?

There are character customization differences between Empire and Republic. There have been numerous complaint threads in the forums since launch about Republic wanting access to Red Zabrak features.

I mean, think about it.... it's all about character customization features wth the race unlocks. There are not stat differences between the races, just appearance differences.

Races is all a personal preference and/or RP thing.

Edited by Andryah

I don't remember what you get for Zabraks, but when you unlock Humans all your characters get a permanent presence buff.

First, thank you to the OP for posting this. Second...

Species

• Note
    : All of the values will likely be retooled or changed before the 1.2 patch roll out. Everything here should be treated as such until the final values are updated. Values with * may be incorrect. All species unlocks can be unlocked by getting to 50 with a character of that species.

• Chiss – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8

• Cyborg – Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8

• Human – Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8

• Miraluka – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8

• Mirialan – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Rattataki – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Sith Pureblood – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Twilek – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Zabrak – Unlockable for 500,000* credits , legacy level 8

I wonder why pricing was made different for the different races? Are they saying it is more desirable to be a Mirialan as opposed to being a Zabrak?

Class Balance / Buffs / Nerfs:

• We did some improvement on the Sage and the Sorcerer as well, but we also identified some bugs/exploits that we fixed that caused the class to over-perform.

• Nerfs
    : it’s obviously controversial if we decide we have to nerf something. I don’t expect people to throw us a parade. Ultimately, people are going to be very unhappy.

• There is the small-minded approach of “so many people play Sorcerer, BioWare is never going to touch them.” No, that is not how it works.

• So we did some changes there to rebalance that particular tree to move a bit out of the Tracer Missile, and require you to be more active in your combat style to achieve that kind of effect. You can call that a nerf. I call that housekeeping.

Translation, DPS Sages/Sorcs and DPS Commandos/Mercs can start crying now

:D

Edited by Qoojo

Several Achievement Mission Terminals are located in fleets of the two factions that now unlock achievement rewards for doing certain flashpoints, operations, etc.

These feats require boss kills and more to unlock special speeder skins/colors.

So i take it pure pvpers are screwed on this?

Edited by Badlander

Several Achievement Mission Terminals are located in fleets of the two factions that now unlock achievement rewards for doing certain flashpoints, operations, etc.

These feats require boss kills and more to unlock special speeder skins/colors.

So i take it pure pvpers are screwed on this?

No more than you were before. As a pure PvPer, you couldn't get PvE speeders anyway.

First, thank you to the OP for posting this. Second...

I wonder why pricing was made different for the different races? Are they saying it is more desirable to be a Mirialan as opposed to being a Zabrak?

Zabrak and Human can be anything already. Human to 50 gets presence buff, Zabrak to 50 just unlocks different patterns/colors normally restricted to the other side, and Cyborg unlocks the different "pieces" that go on faces depending on the class. These are things that can benefit a single character without having to reroll (when they add a "barber shop" eventually like they said) and don't put more isolated races out there as easily for everyone, so the pricing makes sense.