View Single Post

kissingaiur
02.08.2018 , 07:08 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Hmm. I changed my queue time to 0, and I still get the same behavior. Maybe it's some other setting. I don't think it's slow keypress speed, since I can pretty clearly see it "stop" the GCD progress bar animation as soon as I try to remove the guard.

But as I typed earlier, I'm not sure in the grand scheme of tanking, that it's such a big deal. I might see if I can figure out what setting while I'm waiting for queue pops or something. Or, I did this final testing by guarding NPC's on fleet. Maybe that also works different for some reason.

[EDIT: Ok, I tested this a bit more in a WZ. Removing guard doesn't seem to activate the GCD. So if I remove guard first, then I can immediately do another ability. But I still can't remove guard while the GCD is, well, cooling down. I don't know how to do 2 abilities at exactly the same time. As far as I know how to do things, you still have to do one then the other. So maybe your friend did the guard remove first? ]
No you actually are correct. I was wrong (I think I was slightly confused on what you were asking).

I understand now. You cannot remove guard in the middle of a GCD even when it's technically off the GCD. This seem like an oversight in the mechanics or a bug. Thanks for pointing this out.I will make sure to note this in the guide.

Sorry for the confusion!

Ps- I would still recommend you run at most .25 ability action queue.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur