Could you please take a look at PTS/Vanguard dps

mfourcustom

I know your all on your high hourses atm with the new patch at all but in a few weeks or something could you please take a look at what you have done to the VG/PT dps class? you guys have made pvp all about burst and thats fine but you have taken all our burst away, don't get be worng vanguards will still pull good numbers but you have taken away our precision burst thats what made our class playable. Our class cant 1v1 any other class we have super low survivability as far as utility goes i understand you gave us hold the line but none of that really matters if our TTK is so slow while commandos, shadows, and snipers, are killing people in 3 to 4 gcds.. My vanguard is my main as with many other people we are not all just FOTM players that rolled vgs/pts a few months back to fallow the fotm trend some of us have played our VGs/PTs since launch and held high positions in rated pvp teams and pvp circles around the servers... i hope you guys atleast think about looking at this problem becasue as things stand right now our class has been gutted and we are worthless in pvp.

-thank you

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit 55 and have instantly noticed I STRUGGLE to kill things. Before 2.0 all the healers I knew cowered in fear if the saw me, now the giggle and throw 1/3 heals on themselves. If the plasma cell damage and assault plastique are simply restored to 1.7 all will be fixed. HOW COULD YOU MESS UP SUCH A SIMPLE DPS SETUP SOOOO BAD! I will no longer play pvp on my vanguard, he is now solely a pve tank. Thank you Bioware for murdering the class I love.

Signed. Dunno how you let smashmonkeys off the hook, but totally ruined PT DPS. Here's a thought for balance: if a class needs to get within 10m to deal 80% of its damage, you might want to give it either A) high burst to kill its targets before its focused and killed, or B) Good defensive CDs to use so it can kill its targets before its focused and killed. You ****ed up both. Good job.

Signed. Dunno how you let smashmonkeys off the hook, but totally ruined PT DPS. Here's a thought for balance: if a class needs to get within 10m to deal 80% of its damage, you might want to give it either A) high burst to kill its targets before its focused and killed, or B) Good defensive CDs to use so it can kill its targets before its focused and killed. You ****ed up both. Good job.

also agree 100%

Signed. While most other classes received a buff (even laughably overpowered ones like warriors), this class was needlessly gutted. No burst. Low sustained. Low survivability. Limited utility and team support. Perhaps the most heavy-handed nerf in this game's history, which is saying a lot. Anything a PT can do other classes can do better. I'd trade a powertech in for virtually any other DPS class.

Signed.

Here's the main issue I see with what they did. Clearly their intention was to bring burst down across the board with certain changes made to Rage/Focus and clearly what they did to the Pyro tree. The problem? Atleast for me, my Thermal Det > incendiary missile (if not burning) > rail shot > flame burst > rail shot combo relied on that Thermal det hitting for decent damage. It was needed to be able to kill Op healers and sorc bubble specs...now that thermal det is useless, it hits barely harder than explosive dart and the elemental dmg over 12 seconds is a joke. I've since gone 8-8-30 and am using explosive dart instead and it's a little better with the added fire damage, but still pathetic next to all the smashers.

Now, why with the talent nerfs in rage/focus is smash STILL hitting so hard? Because unlike Thermal Det ( A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A 36 pt TALENT), Smash is a baseline ability. And what did all baseline abilities get with the expansion? New ranks, thus Smash was in effect, not nerfed at all but buffed! Meanwhile TD was nerfed without giving us another rank of it. It's completely worthless...

I started leveling my merc to 55 now...should be there tonight...having heatseeker missiles hitting for 6-7k with the utility additions mercs got seems to be the way to go. Until they fix, at the least, TD, it's not going to be much fun playing my PT. Especially since it appears everyone else is on to the situation and I am getting constantly trained by knights/warriors in every WZ.

No burst. Useless shield for DPS (unlike other classes). No self heals. No sprint.

Why would you take a DPS or tank ac and MAKE them choose tank? Why can we DPS anymore? I can't even DPS in PvE anymore. I'm full 63 BiS everything and my DPS went from 1a/1b to 4th. And that's not even a close race anymore. C'mon, really? There's no way that this can fly.....not when you let other classes literally do 8k hits still. Why did you single vanguards out?

I remember awhile back a dev blog saying they wanted to make the "end-cap" abilities at the top of each tree very enticing. They don't like hybrids. Why then did you wreck Thermal Detonator so badly that NO powertech will ever take it?

I remember awhile back a dev blog saying they wanted to make the "end-cap" abilities at the top of each tree very enticing. They don't like hybrids. Why then did you wreck Thermal Detonator so badly that NO powertech will ever take it?

If they truly pay attention to their in-game metrics like they claim they do, they'll be seeing quite soon a sudden and dramatic loss of both mercenaries and powertechs taking the thermal detonator talent out of pyro. Maybe then they'll take a look at it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I couldn't agree more. with HIB being the only other heavy hit thermal detonator/ assault plastique should hit like a truck.

No burst. Useless shield for DPS (unlike other classes). No self heals. No sprint.

Why would you take a DPS or tank ac and MAKE them choose tank? Why can we DPS anymore? I can't even DPS in PvE anymore. I'm full 63 BiS everything and my DPS went from 1a/1b to 4th. And that's not even a close race anymore. C'mon, really? There's no way that this can fly.....not when you let other classes literally do 8k hits still. Why did you single vanguards out?

to be fair, they're worse tanks.

I'm going to /unsign ...cuz that banksy guy's a bad! :eek:

hehe

j/k. my first toon was vg. make it gud. hell. screw pyro. make tactics gud. it just sounds better. vanguard tactics. oh yeah!

:cool:

dun forget to rate the thread.

Edited by foxmob

This is what the rest of community is calling karma.

"This is me being a douchebag"

On a more serious note, the changes made to crit rating in conjunction with the gutting of TD/AP's frontloaded damage means there's even more emphasis on the gimmick of the Pyro spec (RS/HIB), but it's less effective. Not to say the up front burst can't be intimidating, with shoulder cannon negating some of the toned down damage output. It's just not competitive with the sustained damage of madness sorcs, the nuclear missle that is snipers or the persisting smash brigades.

I don't know. I'm fully on board with the notion that Pyro was excessively effective prior to 2.0, but surely there must be some middle ground between "I just got hit by a freight train" and "Ew, wet noodles".

I'm currently rolling with a 11/8/27 spec and I've assumed a more varied playstyle of assisting my pocket healer and dropping bombs on the designated focus target. It'll dish out a respectable amount of damage, which looks inflated on the scoreboard due to the number padding effect of Volatile Igniter. It just kind of seems at odds with the aforementioned focus on phasing out the viability of hybrid specs.