[Feedback] Group Finder

thebadmf

Currently queued up for HM FP and OP on the PTS, cannot find a group for over 2 hours. From the general chat, there is at least one healer and 2 other DPS looking (I'm a tank).

Some people got into groups ok though, other people cannot. Unfortunately, you cannot see who is in the queue, so you can figure out where the problem lies.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was able to get an instant queue just now using the group finder. Our healer disconnected and once we had established they would not be coming back anytime soon, we were able to vote to kick and find a replacement very quickly.

The feature itself was very easy to use, and the addition to travel to the instance instantly was a very nice touch to all the group to get underway quickly.

So far I've had no negatives with the group finder. One thing that might be an issue is when going into Operations and Hard Mode (T1&T2) flashpoints that players might not have suitable gear for the instance, however this is quite a difficult thing to combat, and would most likely require a sort of gear rating to be applied in order to have players furfill the requirements to sign-up for that content.

But it works well for me. Good job Bioware!

K, had a glitch where I travel now didn't work on the planet que.

Also some feedback for planet: Add heroics and select level range you which to group with. If i just arrived to a planet and want to duo with someone, I want to be with someone who is at the start of planet mission, not the end.

So currently at lvl 50 all you can queue for is high lvl planetary content, Hard Modes, High lvl flashpoints and normal mode operations. There's no way for 50's to queue for Hard/Nightmare mode operations. And there's also no way for 50's to queue for low lvl flashpoints for social grinding. Sometimes I queue and I can't unqueue. Also the role icons are messed up 100% of the time where at least 1 role icon is messed up. Also I don't think a 15 minute cooldown for declining is enough. A lot of people are queueing and declining. There should be an hour cooldown unless you are voted out. Also there should be cross-server queueing to reduce wait times. Also a few times I have been unqueued without hitting the "Leave Queue" button. Also it needs to show you how many of what are queued for what. You don't need a healer for lowbie Esseles/BT. You need to be put back where you were when you traveled to the instance. You should be able to queue for specific heroics not just planetary content. Also I keep getting the message "Group configuration invalid" um it's like "It can't be valid unless we get in queue(duh)".

I honestly just think that the burden should be on the player to know which dungeons he's not prepared for and to not queue up for them. Sure, it might require that he attempts it one time and fails miserably. I think the server communities can cope with that.

There are players who are new to MMO's or just new and don't know the order they should do the HM's in. I think some sort of gear check built in will help prevent QQ down the road.

Why would you ask for less features now when Bioware is asking for our opinions? Let Bioware decide if they can or cannot get a feature put in in time for release.

I wanna discuss few thing about the LFG Tool.

First things are the Operations. Denova is a really hard Oparation that needs really good gear to go thru this. So why we dont have a Gear Scanner to que for Denova. I heard already few thing ppl go in there with orange lev 45 gear that impossible to do that OP with lev 45 Gear.

The second thing after every random FP u come out on the fleet or Ilum. Normally on a low lev Charackter u are on a Planet to Play the story and u que at the same time for a random FP. but after the FP u are on the fleet again so u have to take all the way back to the planet to continue the quest. so my question is if there is a way to go back to ur old possision before the FP.

thats my biggest concurns right now for the LFG Tool

thanks for ur attention!

I was queued in the LFG for about 4 hours today and was unable to queue.

We tried to queue even with one tank, one healer, and two dps butt the queue would not pop.

One time it popped for Eternity Vault but it timed out. Also we were only able to get it to queue for anything after we deselected the operations choice.

However, despite deselecting the operations when the queue popped it asked to teleport us to Eternity vault, but it in fact transported us to the Lost Island.

THIS. And an example of why: I want a gear drop from Colicoid. It's incredibly hard to find a group for Colicoid on my server.

And you think a group of people who are at-level for Colicoid Games would welcome you ruining their experience by pulling them through?

Level restrictions are IMHO fine as they are.

Also thinks my 33/8/0 jugg in tank gear can fill a DPS role. I have no comment on this.

I have to agree with this one.

A rule of rhumb solution would be to e.g. allow one to only queue a role if he has at least half his skill points-7 in his role tree(s) (so e.g. overall 41 points, at least (41-7)/2=17 in healing).

Still allows for a wide variety of hybrid skilling (and does not restrict queuing for hammer station at all, where a DPS skilled healer IMHO can still work) but does prevent people to completely misqueue.

Edited by Safing

Concerning gear-checks (sorry for second post in a row but I think this deserves an own one):

"Gear checks" should be a purely community enforced thing, i.e. not at all instutionalized in a tool for group forming.

Why?

Different communities might have different agreements on what constitutes well enough geared. There might be servers with lots of competive people wanting strict checks (bordering on unfulfillable without having been in the instance) to servers filled with people who fled from other MMOs when gear checks became prevalent (and thus take anyone with them as long as they are able to follow group leader advice). Thus gear checks can never be done by a tool to everyone's desires.

How then?

There are sufficient social measures to ensure people are geared approprieately to the consensus of the server community (or even a subgroup of it) but they don't work on the test server (due to lack of established community and lack of long term repercussions). Vote-kick (if implemented) is one, putting undergeared people into /ignore (and have the group finder observe the /ignore list is another).

Both rely on the learning ability of people (which obviously should be told why those measures happen to them) and the general undesirableness of being kicked (after having waited for some time) or being unabled to join groups due to being ignored by too many people. The /ignore thing would work especially well as it would allow to respect different people's ideas on what is appropriate gear by keeping 'under-geared' people away from the "appropriate gear necessary" crowd but not from the "anything goes" one.

Okay I rolled a toon on PTS to see how the LFG finder worked.

I was lucky in that it popped twice for BT for me in a short space of time.

Downside was the first time I wanted to stay on fleet lost the roll and end up on Kass, second time I wanted to be on Kass and lost the roll and ended up on fleet.

It would be good to be able to choose where I want to be.

I then tried for the planet queue, and it popped twice, but the range was from 10 to 17 and that is a problem.

I would say as others have that the planet side lfg finder needs work. I would suggest that it be only for heroics and world bosses.

Maybe you need a third queue which is for people who would like some help on a class quest.

I´m healer and he dont find a group in an hour. I think there a few issues with the LFG Tool. 4 hrs ago was a instant invite to a random group now it takes years and now its 8 am in the morning eastern time. If I que now it takes about 10 sec to list I think there is something wrong. not even Black Talon group opens for a DD.

1.) RE-GROUP BUG:

We had an issue regarding the re-grouping: 8 man KP story mode. 1 afk so we kicked him. worked. tried to re-group with the tool to find another one. NOT working.

in the meantime, another player left the operation. now only 6 people left. re-grouping via tool... not possible. trying to invent people "the old way" into the party on the fleet... not possible! no sepcific err msg, just not possible.

we all had to leave the group and re-group again by hand. after this it was possible to invite one additional player by hand and another one via tool.

2.) ANOTHER Q

why isn't it possible to que for HC operations? only story mode???

Edited by ViShu

And you think a group of people who are at-level for Colicoid Games would welcome you ruining their experience by pulling them through?

Level restrictions are IMHO fine as they are.

Um, yeah dude, 50's run low-level content all the time. People generally respond positively to this. If you don't want someone in a group, you kick them. Have you ever actually run Colicoid? It's a puzzle-heavy FP, first part's all turret-shooting. Lot's of potential for fire damage and falling off of things. Not really something you can't "experience" with a level 50 along. Not sure why I'm defending the concept that restrictions of any kind are bad though, these kind of things should be up to the group, not Bioware. Definitely not you.

cross server isn't going to make the queues shorter if you still don't have enough tanks and healers. Why can't people understand this?

Dual specs and AC switching is the answer.

There are players who are new to MMO's or just new and don't know the order they should do the HM's in. I think some sort of gear check built in will help prevent QQ down the road.

Why would you ask for less features now when Bioware is asking for our opinions? Let Bioware decide if they can or cannot get a feature put in in time for release.

This. As a new level 50 tank I had no idea what HMFP I can tank and what I can't. I assumed it would be like leveling where Esseles would be first and easiest.....wrong.

Red Reaper as a lvl 50 dungeon ? Well it's a lvl45 dungeon. People who want stuff/experience for HM will avoid this one (not sure the Voss commendation you loot help lvl50 to buy gear). And the one who just want the 5dailies will only do Red Reaper.

It's ridiculous how long the wait time is, we're faster at using chat to group. Common opinion seems to be 'not enough healers' that slows it down. Problem is, I have my level 50, mostly Columi geared, healer waiting over 2 hours for a single HM Battle of Ilum run. It's not very encouraging at this pace.