Inquiz/Consu PvP Sugesstion

L-RANDLE

Battle Meditation:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_meditation

The whole point of this class was to "make allies more effective and bewilder enemies", so not having this is a big "shame on you Devs". Presense works in PvE, so we need some form of it in PvP...

Maybe the Cons/Inquiz should get this and top tier talents be tied to them for the Sage/Sorc AC and the shared tree...

I suggest this:

1. Add a it as a baseline talent to the Con/Inquiz class. Maybe a +15% ally heal output & 15% enemy damage debuff(but nerfs, your own healing/damage output), 3 min CD, 30sec duration, 100 Force.

2. Add a top tier talent to the Sage/Sorc healing tree to increase Healing percentage portion.

3. Add a top tier talent to the Sage/Sorc TK/Lite tree to increase Damage percentage portion.

4. 2. Add a top tier talent to the Sage/Sorc & Shadow/Sin BAL/MAD to increase duration.

I know Hutt Cartel is coming, but Sage/Sorc, especially Sage/Sorc DPS, and the BAL/MAD trees for both AC's could use some love now...

Thoughts?

I actually like some of these ideas you suggested. I was thinking perhaps sages need more team utility buffs (such as mara has). I have a few ideas for the class myself (not all at once im not asking for huge increase in the capability but perhaps one of the following):-

1) Speccing into the heal tree far enough you can put points into increased aoe damage/heal, at the expense of single target root in the balance tree or a significant loss to force resources in the tele tree. The boost to burst on fob is pretty decent but not game breaking (crits over 4.7k and even 5k are possible), therefore why not move this talent around so sages can have more aoe burst and keep the root and force resources in balance? Its pretty competitive burst on demand, but nothing too over the top.

2) Team utilty - group wide buffs that make dps sages more viable - situational on demand increase in damage, or alacrity (group wide).

3) Drain Spell Mechanics - draining mechanic to regen force, perhaps a life leech spell but maybe that would be too op.

4) A spell similar to evocate on mages in wow, on a long cooldown (4 mins?) - channeled force regen in combat for balance, can be interupted.

5) A hard defensive cooldown on a long cooldown too help with dogpiling, since you know sages are always dogpiled.

6) Mind trick - make enemies either flee/fear.

7) Mind control - take control of enemy player briefly.

8) Possibly a talent that increases dps by a percentage at the expense of healing. Call it balance of power or something like that and put it in the balance tree. So basically if you spec more into dps - you get crapper at off heals. One reduces the other.

I think most of that is on the wall of crazy and of course all of them at once would be overpowered but any of them could help the class dps wise.

Edited by PloGreen

Temp. buff for AOE dmg reduction, all heals received or heal output for party temp, stuff like that sounds good as long as it wasn't too dramatic.

The party abilities coming to mind like predation and infiltrate aren't direct buffs like those things would be. Great timing for this idea.

BW, this thread is your Bubble Stun fiasco eject button.

I actually like some of these ideas you suggested. I was thinking perhaps sages need more team utility buffs (such as mara has). I have a few ideas for the class myself (not all at once im not asking for huge increase in the capability but perhaps one of the following):-

1) Speccing into the heal tree far enough you can put points into increased aoe damage/heal, at the expense of single target root in the balance tree or a significant loss to force resources in the tele tree. The boost to burst on fob is pretty decent but not game breaking (crits over 4.7k and even 5k are possible), therefore why not move this talent around so sages can have more aoe burst and keep the root and force resources in balance? Its pretty competitive burst on demand, but nothing too over the top.

2) Team utilty - group wide buffs that make dps sages more viable - situational on demand increase in damage, or alacrity (group wide).

3) Drain Spell Mechanics - draining mechanic to regen force, perhaps a life leech spell but maybe that would be too op.

4) A spell similar to evocate on mages in wow, on a long cooldown (4 mins?) - channeled force regen in combat for balance, can be interupted.

5) A hard defensive cooldown on a long cooldown too help with dogpiling, since you know sages are always dogpiled.

6) Mind trick - make enemies either flee/fear.

7) Mind control - take control of enemy player briefly.

8) Possibly a talent that increases dps by a percentage at the expense of healing. Call it balance of power or something like that and put it in the balance tree. So basically if you spec more into dps - you get crapper at off heals. One reduces the other.

I think most of that is on the wall of crazy and of course all of them at once would be overpowered but any of them could help the class dps wise.

Now thats what I'm talking about! We may never see a general boost in damage output for sages/sorcs, but I wouldnt mind having an ability that could increase my damage for a short period while sacrificing something else. Maybe for those close one on ones, to have an ability where you sacrifice a massive amount of force for a few seconds of heavy burst.

BW, this thread is your Bubble Stun fiasco eject button.

Was it too obvious? :D

I just posted another one too...

Evolution of the PvP community needs to start somewhere I guess, and this game REALLY needs that to happen...

Maybe for those close one on ones, to have an ability where you sacrifice a massive amount of force for a few seconds of heavy burst.

There we go!! Another good suggestion. Give 'em a specable a "Force Adrenal" move for situational burst.

I like it....,

but Austin P. said they are looking for more team-support mechanisms for our class. While I moan at the thought of being a "support class", at least give the class more team support options and don't limit it to one tree (bubble stun)..

Definitely an interesting idea.... but like I've said before... the more complicated it is the more likely they are to break something else... or like 5 other things.

Personally now that I've played a sorc in 50 PvP, I still think survivability is fine and burst is where they hurt. A simple fix I think would be to make shock capable of 4K crits on initial hit and an additional 2k if spec'd into it. Not sure how that would play into lightning tree since I've primarily played madness but it would give sorcs comparable burst to PT's, snipers and marauders.

Not even close. PTs, snipers and marauders have so many ways to bypass armour mitigation- even those classes all have dots that all bypass armour- plus armour pen abilities or simple buffs to armour pen. Sorcs get two baseline dots- affliction is perhaps the weakest ticking dot in the game, and crushing is kinetic and thus mitigated... FL, mitigated, shock, mitigated, LS, mitigated, CL, mitigated, Death Field- not mitigated, and actually does respectable damage that compares to what PTs, mara, snipers put out.

If sorcs are going to have to deal with having almost no mitigation themselves- they should be one of the best classes at bypassing mitigation, not the absolute worst.

You make lightning abilities elemental and crushing internal- then we'd do damage on par with other classes.

We also do still need something for defenses- right now, we're fine when we can move- but force speed is very easy to counter since every CC including roots (which ignore resolve) denies it... we have one escape mechanism yet everyone else has anywhere from 3-6 or maybe more ways to counter it, and we have no defensives.

Our survival shouldn't rely entirely on other players or being ignored- heck, even mercs can destroy people when ignored. I don't think root immunity baseline for force speed is too much to ask at all- not when mobility is everything to us.

On to OP- battle meditation sounds like a good idea for where sorcs are now- we're not strong DPS, we're good healers mostly because of the stun bubble but when that's taken away... we lose our group utility.

I really like the idea to have each tree give its own little buff to battle meditation too, that sounds nice, and if you were to improve other top tree talents (while making necessary skills baseline, like a baseline root and root immune speed), we might actually see, for the first time in pvp- pure builds being taken rather than everyone being a hybrid.

Or, BW can just nerf hybrids again and hope despite giving zero improvements to pures that people will simply start rolling pures because of how bad hybrids are- that worked really well in 1.2 after all, didn't it BW?

Or, BW can just nerf hybrids again and hope despite giving zero improvements to pures that people will simply start rolling pures because of how bad hybrids are- that worked really well in 1.2 after all, didn't it BW?

:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes: