Your Saga Continues: Story in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why. is that

Because Early April could mean any time between this coming Sunday and the 15th (which is considered about the mid of the month). So you have at least 2 Tuesdays (3rd and the 10th) that could be considered part of Early April.

That's of course assuming that its not pushed back for some reason we don't know. At which point it could become Mid or Late April.

Edited by APhantasm

Because Early April could mean any time between this coming Sunday and the 15th (which is considered about the mid of the month). So you have at least 2 Tuesdays (3rd and the 10th) that could be considered part of Early April.

That's of course assuming that its not pushed back for some reason we don't know. At which point it could become Mid or Late April.

Hat so it will be this Sunday this weekend or not.

About 1.2 and beyond:

- The game was designed to have iconic classes changing: story, class skills, gear down to gear color palette.

With the gear mods we're able to blend classes appearance. Like my Juggernaut can wear BH or Trooper heavy armor.

Non force users will be able to force choke or use lightning, or force users will be able to use flamer throwers.

=> So: what now makes classes truly iconic? Why blur the frontier?

- Species have their own faction

Sith and Chiss are supposed to be empire only.

=> Why removing this limitation. Wasn't there other species you could have introduced to make the Republic more appealing instead of bending the lore?

- Star Wars is about Wars

2 very opposed faction clashing one against the other. That's the setting.

Many planets are faction restricted.

You're about to introduce same faction vs same faction warzones

=> How could possibly players pretend be at wars with the opposite faction?

=> How would players feel like belonging to a faction?

=> How could players feel at war when there's no such thing as war going on?

- Gear mods

Managing gear mods between our characters, companions and alts is tedious.

=> Why focusing on a system that is not even as good as simple appearance tabs until you, at least, get more convenient UI?

-Legacy

Players keep hammering not everyone likes to share something between all their characters.

Most just like a last name feature, different between all their characters if wanted.

=> Why keeping going against the players? Why forcing them to share a legacy title or surname if they don't want to?

-Mailbox

So you're putting it in the space ship, good.

We're mostly always passing by a mailbox to go to our space ship.

=> Why not allowing players to recall directly to their ship?

And more generally speaking:

- The lore was initially based on SW.

Jedi are, until fallen, guardian of the peace living on a strict code. They are using epic and deadly weapons.

Sith are powerfull and feared people, supposedly not lowering themselves for mundane tasks.

In the Huttball Jedi become no more than glow bat users wrestling for fame. And Sith look a bit better but even.

=> How Jedi players are supposed to feel at epic and at peace after playing a Huttball game? Do you see Yoda playing Huttball, but in a Monty Phyton movie? How Sith players are supposed to feel like Dark Vader or Palpatine?

you are reading WAAAAY too into this.

you are reading WAAAAY too into this.

Not really. I'm just looking at the game on a global scale from it's core design to the implementation of new features. And I'm especially looking at the long term to see how things fits together.

Not really. I'm just looking at the game on a global scale from it's core design to the implementation of new features. And I'm especially looking at the long term to see how things fits together.

No your more griping than anything, and thats ok. You have the freedom to gripe if you so choose.

Anyways for example Species, you gripe about lore being bended. You are aware Lore was bended long before ToR came out. There was a Miraluka Sith in KOTOR 2, Miraluka in ToR are Republic.

You gripe about the Legacy name, sure some (not all) folks don't want to share their name across all their characters on a server. But also some of us want it, I for one want it. In your argument your saying BW should take away something I want. The folks that are vocal about not wanting it are likely in the minority. Many folks likely don't care or actually want it. Now I think a good solution for those that don't want Legacy they should have the ability in options to turn it off.

I hope they actually calculate the stats correctly for a change. The current gear stats are a joke, and furthermore so is the person who calculated them.

I have had to swap mods in almost all the gear, so not only do you have to grind your *** off getting the sets, you have to pay out the *** to re-mod the gear you already have.

Really need to re-think the costs to repair, and remove mods on gear you already own. Stupid tbh..

The sets are butt ugly btw..

Edited by Lectro

Hi all,

From what i have read we will be getting an armor color unify system so we can make our armor all the same color so say goodbye to mishmashed armor piece colors,a new Operation:Explosive Conflict and a new Flashpoint:Lost Island,a new Warzone:Novare Coast,the Legacy system unlocked,new gear and i think we will be able to loot Bind on Legacy gear i'm saying i think so on looting bind on Legacy gear since i'm not 100 percent sure on that.Plus some class balances.

Edited by ratatech
spelling correction

• 2 weeks later...
First off, to all those crying about the nerfs... Get over it. Prior MMO history would tell you that nerfs, buffs, and changes happen. If you don't know this, then okay. If you do though, /shame on you for thinking any differently.

Second, the armor sets are fine. I dont care if they look stupid or not. That doesn't reflect that I'm 100% going to be equipping the halloween type armor, unless its bonuses are reflective to its mother class and are better than current set bonuses.

If you want to complain about the armor, please complain about Tionese -> Columi -> Rakata as well, because all of them are absolutely 100% MINOR changes. So a new set that looks like garbage compared to an old set is a welcomed change.

For the euro trash talking down on US players.... You're playing a US/Canadian made game and you're going to trash talk? Really? ****. Your redundancy followed from MMO to MMO is ridiculous. You get paid to play video games, just like you did in Half-Life. Fat and lazy imo, get a day job instead of "TIME TO GO TO WORK! /logontoSWTOR." Please, the twinkies dont justify the oversized breasts that make your girlfriend look like a guy.

Anyone else want to whine and complain about this?

Legacy system:

Yes, I agree the legacy system granting force choke to non-force users definitely defeats the idea of an iconic class and storyline to it. This is a method to appease all of those who are pissed off about the Legacy system being absent as is already. No one stated you had to allocate your points if you don't like it. Your choice not to, but by all means, don't cry when you finally cave in and do it, only to find they changed the legacy system around in a different patch.

Flashpoint Finder:

This is a point I thoroughly agree with. I don't agree with it because I want to skip doing quests. I want it because of the same reasons stated. I don't have nearly as much time as the 16 year old kids who don't even get homework anymore. Education at its finest eh? Not that this matters, but I'm married with 2 kids and a full time college student. In other words, my time is very limited, so hopping on to do a hard mode via an FP finder would be great.

I see more people complaining about the patch than actually just sucking it up and dealing with it. QQ, you aren't going to be catered to 24/7. Yes, BioWare may LISTEN to their player community, but that doesn't mean they're going to cater to you just because you don't like something. Get over it and get back to powdering your ******s up with cheeto dust while you grind another toon out to 50. Or you can GETMADBRO, because no one ultimately gives a damn. "And not one f### was given." True story.

To sum it all up: Changes are constant, and if you don't like that... /uninstall life because it isn't based on your perception of a 'good game' but rather based on them making changes to keep content rolling out and give us all something else to do rather than the same repeated raid content like in WoW or RIFT. I played both, and after having played RIFT, I see where SWTOR is going with content. It's not only pushing to put more out there to keep the general interest of players occupied with something new to do, they're constantly fixing bugs and updating things. Yeah so what, game isn't perfect. You all compare this to WoW and RIFT all the time, but to be honest.... Vanilla WoW compared to SWTOR was terrible. There were more bugs and more to complain about in world of wusscraft than there is to complain about in SWTOR. This game is fairly balanced, and on the right track. Updates, fixes, suggestions, feedback, etc.

Deal with it. You don't like it? Unsub and stop crying like a little girl. We wont miss you.

Thunderous applause!

:D

I just think that for 1.3 you guys could maybe unlock some new species for the characters. I don't know about others but i think it could be cool to have nautolan and kel dor character. I practically made a list of the species that i know i would like to play as that you don't have. And i think others would like it too.

No your more griping than anything, and thats ok. You have the freedom to gripe if you so choose.

Anyways for example Species, you gripe about lore being bended. You are aware Lore was bended long before ToR came out. There was a Miraluka Sith in KOTOR 2, Miraluka in ToR are Republic.

You gripe about the Legacy name, sure some (not all) folks don't want to share their name across all their characters on a server. But also some of us want it, I for one want it. In your argument your saying BW should take away something I want. The folks that are vocal about not wanting it are likely in the minority. Many folks likely don't care or actually want it. Now I think a good solution for those that don't want Legacy they should have the ability in options to turn it off.

First thing firts a Mialuka Sith is bending the lore slightly while Siths (species) being common on the republic side does not fit.

Then force powers on non force users would have worked with a class less system (SWG) because you aren't supposed to be iconic and you can be a moisture farmer, a pilot and a force user.

Then about the legacy having separate last names does not means you can't have the same legacy name characters wide, to the contrary: you can keep both. I wasn't removing anything from anyone, just giving more choices. Slight difference.