bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

akcac

well the title says it all when is biowear going to stop this from going on ?and if they want the players to report these cheats then they should change the reporting method so you dont get kicked from your wz every time you try to ticket some cheat.

Just because you get beat doesn't mean they are hacking.....:D

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had never seen anything that I thought was guaranteed cheating until yesterday. We were playing a Voidstar match and the opposing team was able to plant the bomb on the second set of doors before either of the bridges had dropped.

I have still never seen a cheater and I play this game far too much. Please at least try and use your brain.

This. I was accused by some Nerd Rager recently for hacking after I kept killing him over and over....lol

Just this morning in huttball a player cloaked with the ball and did not drop it.

The hackers/cheaters are ruining pvp.

I've seen this happen once before - I think it's a bug (not sure if it's easy to replicate since the manner in which the situation occured had to be perfect timing and part the cause -at least this is what I THINK may have caused it- was a result of an enemy player's action). I've only seen it occur once, and the stealthy that carried it said that he wasn't stealthed on his screen when he ran it in - i.e. he didn't even know he had done it.

I had never seen anything that I thought was guaranteed cheating until yesterday. We were playing a Voidstar match and the opposing team was able to plant the bomb on the second set of doors before either of the bridges had dropped.

Easy to accomplish if you're any class/spec that has a leap-to-target ability, though this is easiest for jugs/guardians to do - defending team member respawns in room 2, walks forward out the respawn room, sits on the center ledge (by the speed buff); attacking team's juggernaut charges to said defender, runs around him, pushes him into the void, then goes and caps the door while that defender is still locked out.

Note - if a defending team has a sorc/sage on the other side, they can extracate one of these players to the other side of the bridge to help defend the bridge access panels again (and defending warriors/knights can charge onto enemies -allies, even, if jugg/guardian- that might venture too close as well) - works both ways. Not an exploit, just happened to be that the best player for the attacking team happened to be one of your defending team's teammates.

Furthermore, they added an obstruction there in 1.2 since it used to be possible for inquisitor/consular classes to force-speed + jump across with ease. Now, only charge/pull methods can accomplish this feat.

Edited by SinnedWill

At this point I think it is just handing out speeding tickets at the indy 500. Bioware remains clueless on most activities including how to write, test and compile workable code.

So far the imbalances are glaring proof of incompetency of any sort of game implementation. Most of us that are still here are somewhat forced due to not getting a full refund for time not used. I been asking for the balance remaining since 1.2 released and finally when my time is up it will be a sweet released for this implemented epic phail.

Most people's bets are the fact when this thing becomes free to play and considering most of the failures here I would consider making the game open source. The hackers might have more luck at repairing things then the current paid for game developers that exists here. Considering they could barely write an acceptable ending for Mass Effect 3 how do you think future progress on this game will help?

-Tordo

I'm quite enjoying the PvP and the PvE in this game. The graphics aren't enormously impressive, but the atmosphere, sound effects, sound track, and FPs and story lines more than make up for any shortcomings in my view.

I dunno -- if it bothered me THAT much, I'd just leave. Just sayin' ...

Why anyone would feel they have to cheat in this game is beyond me. I've played since day one of early access and I have seen a few things, hiding in the place the ball spawns in huttball and not being targetable is the most common one I have seen but it's the same player doing it on my server and they are so bad it's hilarious.

I've play in a rated team that gets accused of hacking though, I think it is very rare that people hack and most occasions it's just players making excuses for losing to better skilled and geared opponents, or they don't understand class buffs/mechanics.

Hear-hear! <bangs empty tankard on the table enthusiastically!>

Good luck with that. Everyone cheats all the time, except when someone else is recording them. Then all of a sudden, they somehow know they are being observed and behave normal. Quantum cheaing.

Wow, really? No ... seriously. Really? Everyone? All the time? Wow. That's terrible. Shame on everyone!

Wow, really? No ... seriously. Really? Everyone? All the time? Wow. That's terrible. Shame on everyone!

^^ - or maybe my predation (or as people such as the guy you quoted call it: speed-hacking) simply wore off? But don't worry, once I regain my 30 stacks of fury (or my frenzy cooldown timer wears off), I'll pop it again, so he can keep that camera rolling! =p

Getting back on topic, I recently discovered players using a new exploit/cheat where they are somehow able to shoot through the force fields in VS (after the 2nd doors) from the opposite side before they are actually brought down. We had killed everyone on the opposing team and they were respawning on the other side of the force field, but somehow some of them were able to shoot us through it and prevent us from lowering the shields.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm 99% sure it's an exploit, and reportable as such, but I have no idea how they are doing it.

It is possible for someone on the other team to get across without the bridges down, and no, it's not a hack/exploit by doing so.

• Dev Post
if they want the players to report these cheats then they should change the reporting method so you dont get kicked from your wz every time you try to ticket some cheat.

Are you referring to the time it takes to report during a Warzone (presumably while in the spawn area)? If there is another issue causing your removal while reporting, please let us know.

We definitely want people reporting players they suspect are using any kind of cheat. Security is extremely important to us, and while we (obviously) can't go into details about our methods, shutting down any cheaters or hackers (and their methods) is something we take very seriously.

Are you referring to the time it takes to report during a Warzone (presumably while in the spawn area)? If there is another issue causing your removal while reporting, please let us know.

We definitely want people reporting players they suspect are using any kind of cheat. Security is extremely important to us, and while we (obviously) can't go into details about our methods, shutting down any cheaters or hackers (and their methods) is something we take very seriously.

If you really want us to report give us an optimized mechanism. E.g. come up with some hotkeys we can use in WZ that will collect some information, then after the WZ is over we can finish the report.

Example: I think player X is cheating in some way. I target player X and hit the "cheater?" key. At this point, there is a wealth of things BW can do. At the very least, you can remember the toon name so when I fill out the report after WZ.

You still haven't seen a hack. That is doable with rescue, guardian leap or force leap.

The only thing I have seen as far as hacks (not even sure it was a hack) was the other night a player was literally in the place where the huttball spawns, took some screenshots of it just in case its a hack. If it was they were pretty bad at it since they lost 5-1.

I've seen this happen once before - I think it's a bug (not sure if it's easy to replicate since the manner in which the situation occured had to be perfect timing and part the cause -at least this is what I THINK may have caused it- was a result of an enemy player's action). I've only seen it occur once, and the stealthy that carried it said that he wasn't stealthed on his screen when he ran it in - i.e. he didn't even know he had done it.

There are a few ways to do this, almost all of them boiling down to stealthing while in another animation and without breaking combat (the last part is key). The easiest way (and the only way I'm sure works) is to have someone use smuggle while a projectile you fired is on it's way to a target but hasn't hit yet. That works about 4/10 times and can give you a good 3 to 5 seconds of invisible ball carrying, more then enough time to pass of sprint away. Not sure on why it works, but it likely has something to do with how the client checking to see if the ball is dropped or not isn't the same as the check to see if stealth breaks.

There are posts on other websites about being able to do this in a repeatable way with the sent's invincibility as well, as it also doesn't drop you from combat, but I can't confirm that as I don't have a sent.

To be honest though, I bet 9/10 times people think this is happening it's just lag.

Valor 73, 61, 60, and 57 on 4 toons, not even counting my low levels who are all in the 40s, and I've never seen a hack or any unexpected player behavior I couldn't quickly identify as a known exploit with a quick Google search.

What about shooting through the force fields in Voidstar, as I brought up in my earlier post? I haven't seen anyone respond to that yet, but I'd love to hear how that's not a hack.

If you are the defender and have a ranged AE ability you can cast it across if you stand in the center and reach some people but the bridge cap device . It's a dangerous endeavor though since if you stand out there enemies can jump across to you.

Maybe if you stand on that balcony above, or better yet the railing of that balcony, you can also target over the force field. Have to test it as it would seem over 30 range away. Though maybe Disturbance with its 35 range could make it.

I mentioned AE ranged because they have 8 radius so 30 range and then 8 radius means you hit people 38 away. At least I think it's 8 radius.. maybe it's less.

Edited by LancelotOC

Even understanding player abilities and different class abilities there are still fishy things that go on;

Case and point, 2nd to last doors in VS blow, I get sentinel sprint plus use my sage force speed. I don't get slowed up or touched on my way to defend the next section prior to the last doors. When I reach the far terminal for the force field, I see an operative 75% done planting a bomb on the door. Luckily I throw a FIB and stop him, but I still see no possible way he could have outrun me and capped the force-field terminal, dropped and be 75% done planting a bomb before I arrive at the final terminal location. I could live with him starting to cap the final terminal for the force field when I arrive, but not having already capped, dropped and almost planted on the next door.

Do I think cheating goes on as much as people think? No - but I do believe it happens.

If you are the defender and have a ranged AE ability you can cast it across if you stand in the center and reach some people but the bridge cap device . It's a dangerous endeavor though since if you stand out there enemies can jump across to you.

No, wrong area.

I'm talking about the pinkish force field controls PASSED the 2nd doors (the 2nd doors are after the bridge controls, the bridge controls are after the 1st doors). Until those force fields are down, no one is supposed to be able to shoot or move through them.

What about shooting through the force fields in Voidstar, as I brought up in my earlier post? I haven't seen anyone respond to that yet, but I'd love to hear how that's not a hack.

I believe there is a certain corner that can let certain attacks (and AoE's) go through - that's an exploit of a known bug and many people have already submitted it in bug reports.

Even understanding player abilities and different class abilities there are still fishy things that go on;

Case and point, 2nd to last doors in VS blow, I get sentinel sprint plus use my sage force speed. I don't get slowed up or touched on my way to defend the next section prior to the last doors. When I reach the far terminal for the force field, I see an operative 75% done planting a bomb on the door. Luckily I throw a FIB and stop him, but I still see no possible way he could have outrun me and capped the force-field terminal, dropped and be 75% done planting a bomb before I arrive at the final terminal location. I could live with him starting to cap the final terminal for the force field when I arrive, but not having already capped, dropped and almost planted on the next door.

That is just you being a noob.

Since he is the attacker, as soon as the previous doors dropped, he was killed. Since the doors are now down, he spawns AHEAD OF YOU in the final room, jumped down, and started planting. Some players even seek death as soon as they see their team has planted a bomb, and then just hold off on pressing the "Release" button until the door drops for a free teleport ahead of you.

Oops, I just gave away my secret strategy.

I believe there is a certain corner that can let certain attacks (and AoE's) go through - that's an exploit of a known bug and many people have already submitted it in bug reports.

Ok, that's the confirmation I was looking for. What that means is that it is in fact exploiting and is therefore an actionable offense.