The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

Sheff

Greater is a matter of opinion....

If you are crying about end game then you won't be happy with GW2 as there is none.

Well see they designed the game so it was enjoyable to farm, explore, open world PvP, grinding, etc. They also made it so you can't get to endgame in less than a week.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. BioWare fully understands that the forums represent a vocal minority, not the average player that is the bread and butter of their business.

2. BioWare has actual statistics on subscriptions and concurrent players, and can react to what is actually happening as opposed to what you perceive is happening.

3. Many in the rest of the community are fairly eager to see the MMO-of-the-Day crowd move on, so you are not likely to see a community outcry either.

It's already been well-known that the subscription counts are counting the last free month as well, so the numbers don't add up in the slightest.

Wait till next months report of subs and active players..

Ok so what is your issue anyways?

About Bioware?

Well, an example is the "Horrid FPS" thread.

Lots of customers are complaining about them having high-end computers but not having the fps they should have in a game. And before you jump into conclusions, no it's not their computers. It only affects SWTOR.

SWTOR's game performance is weak, it does not use the maximum potential of a GTX 570/580 or AMD equivalent or an i5 2500k 4.3~ GHz equivalent. Therefore, having too low fps with the computer you have, is a very very very uncomfortable situation.

So where do we go from here? Customers are not enjoying the game because of the bad performance SWTOR offers.

But what we customers understand is that the game is new.

The game needs optimizations.

The game needs more time.

The game needs more patients.

But what does the Game Director of the SWTOR Team in Bioware do?

He goes out, publicly addressing the issue that, THERE IS NO ISSUE!

In fact, he said it was OUR OWN FAULT. The game director, James Ohlen, said that it's because of the low-end computers the customers have that are causing the issue.

Disgusting.

Pathetic.

Idiocy.

Behind James Ohlen's words, he says "Our game is working as intended, we'll do our best to HELP THE LOW-END USERS as much as we can. But if you don't want to wait, go buy a new computer that can run our Direct 9x game."

I had a MSI GT780DX GAMING laptop which couldn't run SWTOR properly, infact it had 7 fps in Open World PVP.

7 fps with that computer in world PVP? Not acceptable.

Being blamed the issue cause of poor computer? DISGRACEFUL.

Other people like I stated above, reported that there are issues with their high end computers. There is no performance boost if you lower your settings or resolution. THIS IS NOT A DRIVER BUG NOR A USER-PROBLEM.

I was spit in the face by the Game Director and the company behind a good game. I was unable to play this game properly and it was very annoying.

What did I do?

I bought a computer with Fractal Design Define R3 <|> Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 <|> Intel Core i5 2500K 4,3GHz <|> Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE <|> Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO <|> Corsair HX 650W 80+ Bronze Modular <|> MSI Geforce GTX 680 2GB <|> Crucial m4 128 GB SSD

With SAME settings (max settings) as my laptop, I gained what? 10 fps? WIth a GTX 680? With a 4.3 GHz i5 2500k? Are you kidding me?

First you spit in my face, tell me to either deal with it or upgrade my computer.

Then the issue wasn't resolved at all and you're still denying that there's an issue?

I can acknowledge that drivers are very immature at this very moment.

But it's very very very confusing and weird that only SWTOR is having this problem. Every other game out there is giving me the exact performance I expect from my computer.

Still, Bioware do not acknowledge that either their Game Engine is bad built or that theres something wrong with something else.

Only thing I know is that, SWTOR's performance is broken and when reported, we've been spitted directly in the face.

No, this is not acceptable, it's a damn disgrace.

Do you want the customers to stay or not? Why not just acknowledge the problem and admit it's your fault and the game engine needs tuning.

Imagine how understanding the customers would have been if Bioware said it was their fault and they WILL fix it, but they need time.

Nope, that didn't happen.

It's disgraceful.

This game may have a lot of potential and its gameplay is very good at this moment.

But deep inside, I hope Bioware goes bankrupt or James Ohlen resigns because of his statements.

You simply do not shove your mistakes onto your customers.

And with all due respect, you Biodrones cannot save Bioware from this. They have screwed up big time.

Again, imagine the peace among Bioware and the customers if they just admitted things instead of ignoring or blaming others.

There you have it.

Legacies ARE transferring.

OK ya I didnt know how that was going to work. I thought I had read something with the APACs about legacy but I looked it up and it said that if you already had chars on the server you were transferring to then only the greater legacy would remain.

Well see they designed the game so it was enjoyable to farm, explore, open world PvP, grinding, etc. They also made it so you can't get to endgame in less than a week.

Many Beta testers have rushed to endgame and are now crying that it's boring and all there is to do is Facebook mini-games...I would ignore them as there is a a lot to do if you are not a progression raider or care about uber purps.

The game isn't for me because I feel when a company talks about innovation they should deliver. I knew from the start that SWTOR wasn't going to be innovative and was surprised with the Voice acting and Legacy system. The only thing that is innovative about GW2 IMO is maybe the combat. The PVP is top notch but not Innovative. The game will be popular but it isn't the messiah that the (now Butthurt) Zealots claimed it was.

That is the problem with MMO's over expectations and no patients.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

About Bioware?

Well, an example is the "Horrid FPS" thread.

FPS issues are 99.9% the users fault. If you have a top end system and cannot get good fps then it snot bioware's fault. I get 30-40 in fleet and 60 everywhere else and my system is far from high end. Bioware cannot come to your house and configure your pc to run properly with swtor. Most people arent having any issues so that alone should tell you something.