Usefull hutball skills need spreading out

Godlymuppet

Most utility skills seem to be available to 2 AC's. Stealth, knockback, charge, force speed, offensive pull.

However 2 of the most useful hutball skills are only available to 1 AC each and those classes are over represented as a result. There are 2 classes that are under represented, maybe the following changes woudl help even that out and really help some stuggling classes.

New commando skill-

"Stand back Maam"

Pulls the friendly target to youself intercepting the next attack.

New scoundrel (maybe scrapper specific, to avoid OP healers) skill-

"Argghhh save me"

Leaps to a freindly target, making them eat the next attack against you.

I figure now is the time to get some different ideas out there for the devs.

Would those 2 skils make thiose classes more appealing in hutball and rated PVP in general?

Most utility skills seem to be available to 2 AC's. Stealth, knockback, charge, force speed, offensive pull.

However 2 of the most useful hutball skills are only available to 1 AC each and those classes are over represented as a result. There are 2 classes that are under represented, maybe the following changes woudl help even that out and really help some stuggling classes.

New commando skill-

"Stand back Maam"

"Argghhh save me"

Would those 2 skils make thiose classes more appealing in hutball and rated PVP in general?

Would not be balanced for the scoundrel, he is a stealther dps. Do not compare utility to assasin's, the class is clearly OP regarding utility. That doesn't mean that the scoundrel needs to be just as OP as them. After you give the scoundrel a leap are you going to give PT's and Mara's a perma stealth? Well damn but if they can perma stealth shouldn't everyone be able to perma stealth?

As for the pull on the merc, I couldn't argue that but I don't think it is huttball specific. I just think that skill would help balance the merc as a whole.

Yeah i'm all for new interesting utility skills, but I'm pretty sure the game has ENOUGH jumps, leaps and pulls.

But let me contribute to this thread by throwing an idea i just made up:

-- "TRACER LOCK" Skill for Commando DPS (armor pierce cell or Plasma Cell) gets a red beam that they can shoot at friendly players with "Hammer Shot" (like the commando healer green beam) that puts a defensive shield around the friendly while they are continually hitting them with it, that lowers damage taken by 20% and increases healing received by 20% (this can NOT stack with multiple commandos spamming this ability on 1 target) .

-- "TELEPORT PROBE" Scoundrel Ability. Allows the scoundrel to teleport to a given location within 30m. Has a long cooldown, and must be channeled for 3.0sec before teleport is completed.

Actually forget this "teleport probe" ability, I just realized it would make datacron hunting and open world objectives too lulzy. But ill leave it there for the funny conversations in this thread later.

Ok so lets make a new scoundrel ability. Hmm:

DECOY PROBE: Produces a holographic image of the smuggler anywhere the smuggler wishes with in 15m range that lasts for 30sec. This has a long cooldown. The smuggler takes 25% less damage if he stays within 10m of the decoy probe, and this holographic decoy is able to be lept to and pulled away. The decoy probe also has resolve. If you stun the probe to full resolve, it is destroyed.

I dunno, hows that? those are the only ideas i have at the moment. Im still finishing my coffee.

Edited by SOULCASTER

New commando skill-

"Stand back Maam"

"Argghhh save me"

So basically a scoundrel can kill a team mate ? LOL

People should at least think about what they propose.

So basically a scoundrel can kill a team mate ? LOL

People should at least think about what they propose.

Oh i do think about what i propose. Is there anything more scoundrel like than hiding behind the big guy and getting him shot, i dont think so. It means you need to use it wisely or youl get angry team mates.

Other useful Huttball skills:

Hold The Line/Hydraulic Overrides - Tactics Vanguard/AP Powertech

Hunker Down/Entrench - 'Slinger/Sniper

Rescue/Extracation - Sage/Sorc

Another one I'll mention is DPS Scoundrel/Operatives ability to have a perma speed boost provided they stay out of combat. Not likely in Huttball but it is possible for them to get the ball in mid and move over to the goal pretty quickly by going in and out of stealth. Very situational but still a neat trick to use if you have the chance.

I agree with the idea.

The thing I hate most is the auto-interception when using leap during huttball.

Its not bad enough that my Merc can't leap, can't pull, can't stealth, can't speed burst.....but I can't even pass reliably? Do leapers REALLY need to be able to auto-intercept my pass with the greatest of ease?

When I play with my Mara alt....sometimes I just stand there waiting for a pass. You can tell when someone is looking to pass. And when you notice their teammate 20m, jumping up and down.....just target the teammate and stand there waiting to press your Interception button.

Other useful Huttball skills:

Hold The Line/Hydraulic Overrides - Tactics Vanguard/AP Powertech

Hunker Down/Entrench - 'Slinger/Sniper

Rescue/Extracation - Sage/Sorc

Another one I'll mention is DPS Scoundrel/Operatives ability to have a perma speed boost provided they stay out of combat. Not likely in Huttball but it is possible for them to get the ball in mid and move over to the goal pretty quickly by going in and out of stealth. Very situational but still a neat trick to use if you have the chance.

WHAT? This thread was about suggesting useful huttball skills, not listing existing ones. And what the heck is that last paragraph talking about? Moving in and out of stealth with the ball in huttball? If you cloak with the huttball, you lose the ball.

How do you start a sentence by saying "this isn't likely in huttball" and then go on to make up some way smuggler can cloak in and out while carrying the ball, which they can NOT...... Do you have any idea what you're talking about? I do not.

And the only speed buffs scoundrel gets is through their talent trees. It requires a healer build to get 20% movement speed when they use "dodge" (1min cooldown) and another 30% when they use the groin-kick (45sec cooldown). If used together they could get about 4seconds of +50% movement speed. And thats once every minute about. NO IDEA what you're talking about with your last paragraph there. It makes no sense.

Edited by SOULCASTER

No he is correct. Perma speed boost when out of combat:

Fill in the blanks: S _ r _ _ t

:D

Oh is this a new fun exploit going around? I'm yet to see this...

Unless you're talking about predation/transcendence LOL

Edited by SOULCASTER

I don't know about balancing Huttball, but that smuggler ability to hide behind your teammate sounds hilarious so they should do it anyway.

What happens when a premade of four scoundrels choose the same teammate to hide behind and get hit by Smash? The Troll is strong with this one.:)

Back to topic: I've been thinking that the abilities for instant mobility are fine already, the game doesn't need more of those as it usually brings . See GW1 Factions Assassin class for why instant mobility is stupidly hard to balance. With that in mind, two suggestions:

1. Tone down the range of the leaps to 20m or

2. Give Sorcerors/Mercenaries the ability to take cover with a cooldown, but no further abilities benefiting from or augmenting that cover. It's already in the default keybinds; surely the possibility crossed Bioware's mind? This latter option brings more depth to positioning, movement, and necessitate a new layer of teamwork/coordination.

3. Institute a VGCA system that incorporates specific locations, goals and team roles on the map (learn from Tribes and put a 30s per-person cooldown on it to prevent spam)

Edited by Belecfaron

Back to topic: I've been thinking that the abilities for instant mobility are fine already, the game doesn't need more of those as it usually brings . See GW1 Factions Assassin class for why instant mobility is stupidly hard to balance. With that in mind, two suggestions:

1. Tone down the range of the leaps to 20m or

2. Give Sorcerors/Mercenaries the ability to take cover with a cooldown, but no further abilities benefiting from or augmenting that cover. It's already in the default keybinds; surely the possibility crossed Bioware's mind? This latter option brings more depth to positioning, movement, and necessitate a new layer of teamwork/coordination.

3. Institute a VGCA system that incorporates specific locations, goals and team roles on the map (learn from Tribes and put a 30s per-person cooldown on it to prevent spam)

I really hope that they don't tone down the range. Giving cover to sorcerors doesn't make much sense to me, but I'd rather that than have to deal with a ten metre running race before I can even start fighting back.

WHAT? This thread was about suggesting useful huttball skills, not listing existing ones. And what the heck is that last paragraph talking about? Moving in and out of stealth with the ball in huttball? If you cloak with the huttball, you lose the ball.

How do you start a sentence by saying "this isn't likely in huttball" and then go on to make up some way smuggler can cloak in and out while carrying the ball, which they can NOT...... Do you have any idea what you're talking about? I do not.

And the only speed buffs scoundrel gets is through their talent trees. It requires a healer build to get 20% movement speed when they use "dodge" (1min cooldown) and another 30% when they use the groin-kick (45sec cooldown). If used together they could get about 4seconds of +50% movement speed. And thats once every minute about. NO IDEA what you're talking about with your last paragraph there. It makes no sense.

Simmer down guy. So I blanked on the stealth thing for Operatives/Scoundrels. My bad. I've seen a video of an Op running around the fleet going in and out of stealth and using sneak to gain a speed boost.

I was mainly pointing out there are classes that don't have the abilities that were listed in the OP but still have other useful abilities you just have to know when to use them.

Simmer down guy. So I blanked on the stealth thing for Operatives/Scoundrels. My bad. I've seen a video of an Op running around the fleet going in and out of stealth and using sneak to gain a speed boost.

I was mainly pointing out there are classes that don't have the abilities that were listed in the OP but still have other useful abilities you just have to know when to use them.

Yes, you are correct. This can be done, it's not an exploit and certainly won't work if you have the ball nor will it work if you are in combat (hence why you stated it doesn't work as well in huttball). The operative talent you are looking for is Ghost in the concealment tree. Fight or flight for scrapper scoundrels.

Exiting stealth mode now finishes the cooldown of Sneak, and Sneak can now be used out of stealth mode, increasing movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds. In addition, Cloaking Screen no longer reduces healing dealt and received.
Edited by Ridickilis

Yes, you are correct. This can be done, it's not an exploit and certainly won't work if you have the ball nor will it work if you are in combat (hence why you stated it doesn't work as well in huttball). The operative talent you are looking for is Ghost in the concealment tree. Fight or flight for scrapper scoundrels.

Thanks for finding that. I think it's a neat trick and certainly help out in Huttball if you find yourself alone in the pit or coming out of the spawn.

I just think a lot of people focus on the leaps in Huttball because they are the most obvious. Kolto Bomb for example is an AoE 50% slow that also heals your team and puts a healing buff on them. It's on a 6 sec CD with the set bonus and is pretty cheap on ammo. That's a pretty useful ability. commandos also have the ability to use an instant mezz which is great for the fire trap.

A Sniper/Slinger in cover on the top catwalk will shred the ball carrier especially if they have Entrench/Hunker Down Up. Leg Shot, Flashbang plus 2 KB's one with a root attached is great for stoping ball carriers as well.

Leapers and such may be great for moving the ball but there are plenty of classes that are great at stopping them too. Not everyone can play offense. Play to your classes strengths and you'll do great. Also, please for the love of the Force stop giving them something to leap to :D.