-=Darc=- The Harbinger 2500 Rated DPS Sorc PvP stream

Deimosmp

I have recently established a livestream with twitchtv. My overall goal is to promote PvP on my server by streaming server PvP events and Rated warzones. The video quality is sub par but I am upgrading my internet and will be adjusting it soon. Feel free to stop by, hang out, and ask questions if you have any. I will update my twitch bio when I have a set streaming schedule. But until then most streams will be shown Thursday through Sundays.

http://www.twitch.tv/darcington

I am a 2500 rated DPS sorcerer on The Harbinger in the guild Ascendancy.

Here's a sample of my gameplay verses random pugs. 817k damage (1044dps) with the next guy behind me at 211k damage. =]

http://www.twitch.tv/darcington/c/1771937

Enjoy!

-Darç

Edited by Deimosmp

I have recently established a livestream with twitchtv. My overall goal is to promote PvP on my server by streaming server PvP events and Rated warzones. The video quality is sub par but I am upgrading my internet and will be adjusting it soon. Feel free to stop by, hang out, and ask questions if you have any. I will update my twitch bio when I have a set streaming schedule. But until then most streams will be shown Thursday through Sundays.

http://www.twitch.tv/darcington

I am a 2500 rated DPS sorcerer on The Harbinger in the guild Ascendancy.

Here's a sample of my gameplay verses random pugs. 817k damage (1044dps) with the next guy behind me at 211k damage. =]

http://www.twitch.tv/darcington/c/1771937

Enjoy!

-Darç

Mind sharing your build/specs? I typically roll full madness....at highest got 759k once...do you lessen ur crit and go more power/alacrity?

I currently use this hybrid spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201bZbsr0dRr0zZcMcRsMz.2

You may or may not need the two points of crit in the corruption tree. I have them because I sacrificed a lot of crit in my gear to stack power. These two points put me at 30% crit when I have the Agent buff.

However if you have your heart set on Madness I highly recommend using this spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201G0bZbZcMfRsrkRfz.2

You have very high burst potential with this spec. But beware, you will often find yourself consuming health to regenerate force. Also keep in mind your biggest threats as a sorcerer, marauders and assassins, can potentially have decreased damage verses AoE damage based on their spec. Deathfield will not be as potent.

I hope to see more visitors on my stream. Feel free to drop by and ask me questions about specs, gear, anything related to Sorcerer game play.

-Darç

Would be awesome if you updated the thread when you are online and steaming. I find myself checking the stream but never knowing if you are on. Either way thanks for sharing your stuff.

I'll do my best to setup a schedule for streams. But for now the best thing to do is to follow my stream and receive email notification when my stream becomes live each day.

I currently use this hybrid spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201bZbsr0dRr0zZcMcRsMz.2

You may or may not need the two points of crit in the corruption tree. I have them because I sacrificed a lot of crit in my gear to stack power. These two points put me at 30% crit when I have the Agent buff.

You have very high burst potential with this spec. But beware, you will often find yourself consuming health to regenerate force. Also keep in mind your biggest threats as a sorcerer, marauders and assassins, can potentially have decreased damage verses AoE damage based on their spec. Deathfield will not be as potent.

I hope to see more visitors on my stream. Feel free to drop by and ask me questions about specs, gear, anything related to Sorcerer game play.

-Darç

I enjoyed your video. I thought when originally watching it that you were playing the exact same hybrid I am, but it's not quite the same. I'm wondering do you every feel like you're running on empty with force? Also why a point in Lightning Spire over taking Lightning Barrier? I guess I am a bit more defensive because I find I am hunted by Warriors/JK's a LOT.

Also I was a bit surprised (as some one else mentioned) how often you crit in that video.

Madness is nice for solo queuing, but I run out of force so often... I have to die, just to catch my breath. I truly enjoy the hybrid spec but I still do more damage with Madness personally.

One day, I'd love to go full Lightning (successfully). I see the odd person pull it off but it does remind me of Arsenal Mercs... a lot of standing around hoping no one notices you.

Good video though, and thanks for sharing the information.

I enjoyed your video. I thought when originally watching it that you were playing the exact same hybrid I am, but it's not quite the same. I'm wondering do you every feel like you're running on empty with force? Also why a point in Lightning Spire over taking Lightning Barrier? I guess I am a bit more defensive because I find I am hunted by Warriors/JK's a LOT.

Also I was a bit surprised (as some one else mentioned) how often you crit in that video.

Madness is nice for solo queuing, but I run out of force so often... I have to die, just to catch my breath. I truly enjoy the hybrid spec but I still do more damage with Madness personally.

One day, I'd love to go full Lightning (successfully). I see the odd person pull it off but it does remind me of Arsenal Mercs... a lot of standing around hoping no one notices you.

Good video though, and thanks for sharing the information.

With this spec I rarely run out of force. Sometimes I time an occasional Consumption right before I use Crushing Darkness because I get health return from that DoT. (Another situational tip. You wouldn't want to use consumption if you're getting beat on.)

The point in lightning spire has been a great tool to use when defending a node or simply harassing the enemy at their goal line from the third level in huttball. I use Lightning strike whenever my Crushing Darkness is on cooldown after a wrath proc to make the best use out of the two points in Subversion.

I often play with a my team whether its in rateds or normal warzones. So I'm relying on my healer to have those two points in lightning barrier.

Yeah man as someone was saying I don't see the leapers. Just yesterday I was jumped at, at least 10 times in 1 single match but I guess you just play with better people so they keep them off of you.

Nice share though.

Do you run any PVE with your build?

Yeah man as someone was saying I don't see the leapers. Just yesterday I was jumped at, at least 10 times in 1 single match but I guess you just play with better people so they keep them off of you.

Nice share though.

I would need more crit to make this build viable for PvE/raiding. But that would cost me power to make that happen.

/bump

Had a decent showing of people tonight. Unfortunately we a guild lied to us and that said they were queueing and then never did so there was no rated matches tonight. Drop by during the evening hours and shoot me questions during the stream. I'll be more than happy to talk about the sorc class and answer anything.

And remember if you want a better chance at watching my stream just hit the follow button. It will notify you by email when I go live.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice share though.

His build is probably not viable for PvE since it sacrifice some sustained for Polarity Shift and Lightning CC boost.

I run 0/18/23 for that, which work great for me for some reason (compared to this build : more DoT damage, which is less useful for focusing someone down in pvp, especially if a sage is healing (BOOM no more dots).

That said, the pvp value of having better burst, and versatility in playstyle, + decent CC ability is sure interesting. I'll try to catch a stream. My main 50 pvp experience is in normal wz, where I do decent for my gear (mostly recruit, with BM mainhand WH offhand since my main focus is PvE) but its mostly by laying low, and just being harder to catch than what killing me seems worth it (puny dps in recruit? Lol). Sent normally give up when I just keep being a LoS pain and more interesting teamates are around. I have no dellusion I'd be murdered in rated.

• 3 weeks later...

/bump

Trying to broadcast more streams for you guys. The passed few have gone over very well. Stop by, pick my brain, ask me questions, and enjoy the stream. I recently made some changes to gear/spec that have been proving promising in PvP.

See you there!