WAR ON ILUM, hosted by <Firestorm>

Firesteve

Saturday 10/20/2012, 9-11pm est.

On Saturday night Firestorm will be hosting the war on Ilum. Its going to be a simple concept. Go to the battlegrounds of Ilum and have a massive Republic vs. Imperial battle just like the old days. In the end it will be clear which side is victorious (hopefully republic). Last event I was apart of had 30v30 at best. I would like to see 100v100 this time. If the server crashes then lol to bioware.

I will be advertising all week on the republic fleet about this event, I hope some imperials will do the same, or risk being wiped by the awesomeness that is republic. I encourage any and all guild leaders to get in contact with me this week if you have any questions or suggestions. You can post here or hit up my guilds website.

Lets try and make this the Event of the year.

Firestorm will be hosting many more in the future so lets set the bar with this one.

Gamertag: Firesteve

I'll be there.

I would like to mention though, let's try and coordinate our PvP Event times, don't want to bump each other off if we have event times on the same days, same times. That would only hurt both of our objectives. Instead would rather support each other here instead of battling for time slots.

This Saturday is fine though, since we held our event off till next Saturday, and I do want to show my support to you guys for taking the time and putting this together. As said earlier, I'll gather as many War Machine guys and gals as I can and put a foot up the Republic's butts. :)

would be interesting to incorporate 'zones' for non level 50 players. for example levels 20-35 fight for one node, levels 36 to 49 fight for a second node, and all 50s on the final middle node. might be too last minute, but would be cool. (i chose level 20 because you get access to the third row in your tree assuming your not hybrid). then it could be whoever controls the most nodes by end of time or whatever the 'win' rules are. and several operations groups working together. and if there is some issue getting non 50 players to the area the 50s could always clear trash in the way.

In support of Firestorm putting on this event, I humbly ask all forum readers to help sprea the word in game about this event. Tell your friends and other guilds. Advertise on your fleets. Let's make it a great showing!

alright: here's my view of the first... 40 minutes?

a) SPAMMING GENERAL IS *********** ANNOYING

b) if a HEALER is asking for an ops invite... INVITE THEM

after asking for about 10 minutes I left Ilum again.

I got kicked out of the main ops after having a d/c, and when I came back I kept asking for an invite to at least one of the apparently three different ops groups going on. I got none. wasn't even told a name to /join

it was painful enough to heal while being in the ops, but I am definitely not tabbing through people in the hopes I might find someone that actually needs help. (and like hell I turn on name/health bars on Ilum)

and to firestorm:

please, IF you plan an event (that happens to be at the exact same time - and even on the same planet! - as an event planned by someone who has in the past shown he knows how to plan them)... just rethink it. you aren't doing anyone a favour if you give random commands and then spam general chat with them. it will just turn people off and there were already way more imps than reps around.

we've beaten the imps while outnumbered before... on our old servers and since the merges... we can do it. but for that we need to be actually organised and have someone who knows how to lead. planning an event just for the hell of it is just not enough.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but these things are way more fun when they don't turn into aimless running around and ignoring people. (like I said, I asked for an invite for an ops several times and you can't tell me you didn't need more healer. it's bad enough you kicked me out of the ops to begin with just because I had a d/c)