Disappearing Crafting Recipes!

SithKoriandr

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: In the german forum they said, they now know why this is happening and they are working on a fix for that.

Maybe we can hope for a fix in the next patch...

It was German forum that had first official response on this bug. Now this. Are we to assume that only German part of EAware is working on this? Or are they simply more professional and capable of doing this than their American coworkers?

It took them more than 20 days to find the reason. But that is 20 days in relative terms. It could be they started working on this just this week. Which is probably closer to truth. I really am sorry this is not a result of a Cartel market. It would be solved days ago.

Erlon, I would like to ask you in the name of all of us here, with this bug, if you could keep us informed about German devs that are working on this. It appears we will have to wait for them to solve this. American part of EAware is to buys counting money from Cartel market to help us. Or maybe they are simply incapable.

it is 12/8 and this thread started 11/17

I just re-subbed for 2 months after a long layoff, and i am wondering if that was a mistake. This should of been fixed, at the very least acknowledged.

As I continue to play again, this is one of those deal breakers for me. The longer it lingers the less likely I will continue paying.

This should of been fixed, at the very least acknowledged.

It was - ~2 days before patch, which (look EAware post) had to fix it, on launcher news. I have an idea - lets we all lie that this bug somehow is conected to the Cartel Market, so mayby we will bring more attention...

We appreciate your reports about this issue, and we are actively researching the problem.

If you are experiencing this issue, please post with the following information:

• What class are you?
  • What is your crew skill?
  • What was the name(s) of the specific schematic(s) that you lost?

While we are working to ensure the fix for an upcoming patch, there isn't a definitive time frame for the fix. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Class = all of them...

Crewskill = Artifice, Cybertech, Biochem

Item = sigh... Any Black Hole Implant, any Q61-63 Mod/Armoring/Enhancement.

Not only has this been happening but also have been having on rare occasions where I RE something and get zero mats back. Example, I RE, watch the castbar... See the window pop with the Items to loot and in a blink of an eye it disappears and I not only lose item but the RE materials (min 1 blue 1 green) and schematic.

This has occurred at least 5x for me now since 1.5 went live, and thankfully CS has restored the item, but on the level of feeling like I am lying when submitting a ticket to just get an item back, I'm just waiting for them to ignore and give the general response of sorry can't do anything about it for the last 3 times now. Again its not repeating back to back it is randomly happening. Everytime I have submitted detailed tickets and like I said 2/5 answered and items returned on different toons(I think that is the 1 time usage though and the rest are gonna get the finger and told to pound sand :( )...

This is old bug..........

I experienced this in beta (Happened in one of new build in Nov, beta tester were allowed to continue use their existing character instead start over from server wipe.) and to make thing worse whenever I log on my character I lost something I have learned, my character basically ended up with empty craft menu even I had every single prototype lightsaber hilt , color crystal from from reverse-engineering.

WOOHOO!!!

Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate

"

Crew Skills

Players who previously unlearned a Crew Skill no longer lose schematics when learning new schematics from reverse engineering."

Woohoo, indeed! :)

Now I just have to get home and try it.

W T H Devs...

I just learnt 2 blue schematics today (green showing no more research) and none showing in my list???

To be clear - they did not appear and then dissappear... They simply DID NOT appear :(

This needs urgent addressing please :(

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen

We appreciate your reports about this issue, and we are actively researching the problem.

•What class are you? PT

•What is your crew skill? Cybertech

•What was the name(s) of the specific schematic(s) that you lost? Resolve Armour 19 Blue + Skill Armour 18 blue

Edited by StarWarsOR

Just happened again learning a blue mod.. green is saying no more research and no Blue schematic appeared in list :(

Logging out in, repair etc

Schematics did not appearm, but i was able to RE again and i did get some blue schematics appeaar ok today, so issue seems intermittient and random....

PLEASE look at this DEVS, this really is another blow to crafting in SWTOR

/sigh

Edited by StarWarsOR

W T H Devs...

I just learnt 2 blue schematics today (green showing no more research) and none showing in my list???

To be clear - they did not appear and then dissappear... They simply DID NOT appear :(

This needs urgent addressing please :(

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen

•What class are you? PT

•What is your crew skill? Cybertech

•What was the name(s) of the specific schematic(s) that you lost? Resolve Armour 19 Blue + Skill Armour 18 blue

Hmmm, this is quite different to the original bug in that your schematics aren't being deleted from the database after logging off, they're not appearing in the list at all. Now, just a shot in the dark so please don't yell at me for saying something obvious, but exactly what you are describing might occur if the filters on the crafting screen were set. Can you please double check the first of the two filters at the top of your Cybertech screen and make sure that the first dropdown filter is set to 'All' and NOT 'Premium'. Good luck.

Hi

No, a good point... always good to check the basics.. yep all set to view all and I logged out and in each time... still not appeared... :confused:

Logged in alt and came back to main later and crafted same green again... It no longer said 'no research available' and i was able to RE it again, this time it appear in my list as blue version.

Had this happen on 4 different RE armour / mods mix!

Ticket in , dont hold out a lot of hope on response though....

Thought i would share exp in case others exp this?

Ok. Did you have the problem pre patch where REd stuff disappeared after logging?? I'm just wondering if the recipes you've been having problems with now are ones you may have REd before and they disappeared, and perhaps this is a hangover from that problem. Obviously I don't know how the database structure works but it's possible that the previous bug left some records in a mess where one table records the item as having been 'discovered', hence the tooltip showing no further discoverables available, but another table doesn't, hence it not appearing in the list. If that was the case then it sounds from what you are describing as if a dev has run a purge on the database of stray records, and they are now recording ok. That would also explain the intermittancy, because only some items had left stray records during the bug period. Just thinking out loud hehe.....