BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I want to give these changes a proper shake on the PTS before I pass judgement, but right now they only look good BEFORE you glance at what everyone else got (and damage reductions on anything just make me feel bitter). Let's hope we missed something big.

1.7 is as far as I'm prepared to wait, outside of checking back occasionally as a FTPer.

EDIT: HAH, looks like there will be no PTS testing for 1.7. Shocked and stunned I am. Shocked and stunned. :rolleyes:

We don't want your stinking feedback before we implement to live. You can like it, or quit.

Edited by Jherad

Yeah, I want to give these changes a proper shake on the PTS before I pass judgement, but right now they only look good BEFORE you glance at what everyone else got (and damage reductions on anything just make me feel bitter). Let's hope we missed something big.

1.7 is as far as I'm prepared to wait, outside of checking back occasionally as a FTPer.

EDIT: HAH, looks like there will be no PTS testing for 1.7. Shocked and stunned I am. Shocked and stunned. :rolleyes:

We don't want your stinking feedback before we implement to live. You can like it, or quit.

Yeah I'm pretty sure 1.7 is going to have no class balance changes. All this stuff looks like expansion changes.

It doesn't matter if we get a 10-15% alacrity bonus, it doesn't matter if we get a 9 seconds Unload cooldown, it doesn't matter if Powershot cost less, we can't deal any dmg if we get interrupted or pushed, THAT, is the problem.

If you are face to face against any other classes, you can't bother using Tracer Missile, Powershot or Unload, simply because you are going to be interrupted or pushed back between 1-3 times IN A ROW depending the class you are facing, that's means during all that time (2-6 seconds, a lifetime in a 1v1) you deal ZERO damage to the opponent while he roflstomp you to death...

What can we do instead? Running, using Rapid Shots and praying that our instant ablities cooldowns are reseted, and that is beyond ridiculous, because, a Powertech for example, can not only do the same, but possess another extra instant cast ability that also allows him to reset another instant ability.

So, to the Bioware pvp development team, CHANNELED ATTACKS ARE A NO GO UNLESS THEY ARE UNINTERRUPTABLE, just, please, think for a second instead of giving us useless skills! Or better: PLAY THE DAMN CLASS, and see how good you are going to fare against any other competent AC player.

IF Bioware plans to stick with those ridiculous skills then it should be at least a 50% alacrity bonus, a 6 second Unload cooldown... and even like that we wouldn't even come close to any good Mara/Assassin/Scoundrel, until then, move along folks, Commando/Mercs are still going to be the WZ laughing stock.

Edited by yoomazir

Yeah I'm pretty sure 1.7 is going to have no class balance changes. All this stuff looks like expansion changes.

Got same feeling. I'm also highly disturbed about new content as whole, giving current bug situation (inscpect still don't work properly!)... but it's out of topic. Maybe a little, little... fix... last, small piece of hope...

To lucianobck - yeah they could give u better escapes, we at the moment need any kind of escape (and many other changes...)

Don't forget to add in the 5% damage reduction to demo/heatseeker, and making the RNG damage from grav/tracer have a larger gap (lower min damage, higher max damage). This is while all other AC's have damage buffs listed in their changes.

To be fair, none of that is listed on the changes on Darth Hater, so other rebalances like this and for other classes we just don't know atm.

To be fair, none of that is listed on the changes on Darth Hater, so other rebalances like this and for other classes we just don't know atm.

we also dont really know any of the values attached to any of the skills listed in the data-mine

we really dont know anything. and tbh, i dont know how much longer i will wait to find out. if 1.7 actually comes with no class changes at all, that is just more evidence that bioware is making the wrong decisions.

i mean, who is in charge over there? in what business is it a good practice to keep your consumer base 100% in the dark, consistently turn out broken/poorly assembled products, and just straight up treat your consumer base like morons? i find it incredibly hard to believe that someone is being paid money to make these decisions, especially when there are clear paths to making this game succeed in the long-run yet the game is going in the other direction.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

we also dont really know any of the values attached to any of the skills listed in the data-mine

we really dont know anything. and tbh, i dont know how much longer i will wait to find out. if 1.7 actually comes with no class changes at all, that is just more evidence that bioware is making the wrong decisions.

i mean, who is in charge over there? in what business is it a good practice to keep your consumer base 100% in the dark, consistently turn out broken/poorly assembled products, and just straight up treat your consumer base like morons? i find it incredibly hard to believe that someone is being paid money to make these decisions, especially when there are clear paths to making this game succeed in the long-run yet the game is going in the other direction.

LOL How many times have I said that if not for my guild I'd have quit a long time ago. The merits of the game certainly aren't what keeps me here.

1.7 is still my limit. If there is nothing merc/mando related in there, I'll be enjoying the free-to-play option. Once, for an hour or so after each subsequent major patch which DOES mention us.

I really hope that the dataminers missed something. I see nothing so far that would tempt a RWZ team to take a DPS commando. No utility, and no buffs that other classes didn't get a whole lot more of. Heck, even the best of the trooper changes also went to Vanguards. I LOLd that the 'advance the line' thing we were all excited about turned out to be Vanguard only. We'll see.

I predict a lot more combat sentinels (and probably shadows/sins) in the future.

Edited by Jherad

1.7 is still my limit. If there is nothing merc/mando related in there, I'll be enjoying the free-to-play option. Once, for an hour or so after each subsequent major patch which DOES mention us.

I really hope that the dataminers missed something. I see nothing so far that would tempt a RWZ team to take a DPS commando. No utility, and no buffs that other classes didn't get a whole lot more of. Heck, even the best of the trooper changes also went to Vanguards. I LOLd that the 'advance the line' thing we were all excited about turned out to be Vanguard only. We'll see.

I predict a lot more combat sentinels (and probably shadows/sins) in the future.

part of the problem is that every class is seeming to get the same level of buff-age. which does nothing but preserve the current status-quo

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post

We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.

See, you use Electro Net on the enemy melee and he puts up Saber Reflect and the Merc dies, thereby putting him in the respawn bin. See, he escaped!

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post

We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.

See, you use Electro Net on the enemy melee and he puts up Saber Reflect and the Merc dies, thereby putting him in the respawn bin. See, he escaped!

a puppy just died somewhere

To be honest, I do see *potentially* some good stuff in here. IF CGC is allowed to exist on multiple enemies, that would be a real buff. Do I have confidence that BW even knows that CGC can exist on only one enemy at a time currently? LOL....

Depending on what the x,y, and z values are, we may get a damage output buff. But the purported help in escapability? Non existent. Electro Net will actually hurt you when used against the foe Mercs need to escape from, i.e. enemy melee.

It really depends on how powerful an escape mechanism they decide to give to the class. Something on a reasonably short cool down that regains range while proc'ing short-term immunities and/or movement buff could radically change the class. The anticipated escape is not included in the data mined material .

It really depends on how powerful an escape mechanism they decide to give to the class. Something on a reasonably short cool down that regains range while proc'ing short-term immunities and/or movement buff could radically change the class. The anticipated escape is not included in the data mined material .

That the optimistic opinion. The less optimistic one is that Electro Net is the planned escape mechanism, there will be no help for Mercs before Makeb, and oh, yeah.... Electro Net won't help you escape from enemy melee.

That the optimistic opinion. The less optimistic one is that Electro Net is the planned escape mechanism, there will be no help for Mercs before Makeb, and oh, yeah.... Electro Net won't help you escape from enemy melee.

Yes it will. The net slows your target and prevents them from using leaps, vanish, and speed boosts. Do you know how *********** useful that net will be? This is HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE utility for RWZ. You can literally now guarantee death for ops and sage healers since for 9 seconds they will not be able to vanish or speed away to safety. Same with sents and guardians. They won't be able to stealth or friendly leap away to avoid dying. This will also be huge in huttball by preventing guardians from leaping to friendlies or enemies, forcing them to either pass or wait it out which opens up time for you to either kill him, or intercept the pass. What I'm wondering is if a char that is netted can still be friendly pulled. I hope not. Oh and it apparently does damage too on top of that stuff and it's 50% snare. I just hope to god the CD on the net is super low.

The shoulder cannon thing sounds pretty cool too, it seems like it's extra dps we get while we're CC, which we can unload once we're no longer CCed.

The gunnery changes look pretty nice too. Absorb one force/tech attack? Yes please. Lols at the focus spec knights.

Combat medic didn't seem to get much love, and honestly I'm a little disappointed. None of the changes address the issue of being completely reliant on casts, and that our resource management is crap compared to the other two healers.

Edited by Smashbrother

Let me clarifie about absorb force/tech attack - according to datamine it's gonna be chance to absorb next one tech or force attack (for ex. PT can still hit for 5k with rail shot - it's ranged attack) after using chaft fire/diversion (45 s CD). If u want to confront it with Saber Reflect, which gonna be reflceting all single target ranged, tech and force attack durning duration... For closer look to rest of changes check my previous post. Specially if u realize that electro net is for all Troopers/BHs - Mercs, Mandos, VGs and PTs. Edited by Pefny

I hope that's not the case. Electro Net would only assist escape from mdps if used in tandem with other abilities provided they're off cooldown. Something that requires us to blow our few defensive cooldowns just to escape once from one mdps won't improve our quality of life in the WZs that much. Also, something with as much group utility as Electro Net would probably be on cooldown most of the time.

Re heal spec, I'm glad they are planning to buff kolto bomb/missile with a localized HoT mechanic, and it makes sense considering the animation. However, the single biggest healer-specific limitation is resource management. Due to the lack of an escape relative to the other healing Advanced Classes, the BH/Trooper heal spec is forced to dps a much greater % of the time relative to other healers. Very rarely do you see merc/mando healers finish a full WZ with the kind of lopsided numbers like 9:1 healing vs dmg, which is not unusual for the other healers. Constantly re-allocating your time & resources to self-defensive dps'ing means your resources are always bottoming out once you've blown the vent/recharge cooldown. There's very little wiggle-room there, and resource mgt is much less forgiving than it is for a Sage/Sorc healer. So there's a lot riding on what sort of new escape ability they have planned for us. It can either totally rejuvenate the class, or conversely it could have very little meaningful effect, depending.

Edited by klham

Let me clarifie about absorb force/tech attack - according to datamine it's gonna be chance to absorb next one tech or force attack (for ex. PT can still hit for 5k with rail shot - it's ranged attack) after using chaft fire/diversion (45 s CD). If u want to confront it with Saber Reflect, which gonna be reflceting all single target ranged, tech and force attack durning duration... For closer look to rest of changes check my previous post. Specially if u realize that electro net is for all Troopers/BHs - Mercs, Mandos, VGs and PTs.

It says % chance because it's probably one of those 2 point talents that go 50/100. And the vast majority of damage in this game is tech/force and all CC is tech/force. It will be useful as hell.

Where does it say net is for all troopers? Just because it's listed under the general "trooper" section on Darth Hater doesn't mean it is. If you look at dual saber throw--which is listed under JK on that website--it says requires 2 sabers to use. So it's clearly a sentinel only ability, but still listed under the general JK. So the net is 90% likely to be commando's escape mechanism and it's pretty good. Provides utility as well as an instant long lasting slow.

It doesn't matter if we get a 10-15% alacrity bonus, it doesn't matter if we get a 9 seconds Unload cooldown, it doesn't matter if Powershot cost less, we can't deal any dmg if we get interrupted or pushed, THAT, is the problem.

If you are face to face against any other classes, you can't bother using Tracer Missile, Powershot or Unload, simply because you are going to be interrupted or pushed back between 1-3 times IN A ROW depending the class you are facing, that's means during all that time (2-6 seconds, a lifetime in a 1v1) you deal ZERO damage to the opponent while he roflstomp you to death...

What can we do instead? Running, using Rapid Shots and praying that our instant ablities cooldowns are reseted, and that is beyond ridiculous, because, a Powertech for example, can not only do the same, but possess another extra instant cast ability that also allows him to reset another instant ability.

So, to the Bioware pvp development team, CHANNELED ATTACKS ARE A NO GO UNLESS THEY ARE UNINTERRUPTABLE, just, please, think for a second instead of giving us useless skills! Or better: PLAY THE DAMN CLASS, and see how good you are going to fare against any other competent AC player.

IF Bioware plans to stick with those ridiculous skills then it should be at least a 50% alacrity bonus, a 6 second Unload cooldown... and even like that we wouldn't even come close to any good Mara/Assassin/Scoundrel, until then, move along folks, Commando/Mercs are still going to be the WZ laughing stock.

^^^

pretty much what i've been saying since June 2012...

i will never play a casting class in SWTOR...it's so damn easy to shut em down. and mercs??!! LOL, they need to cast to build up DPS!!

seriously, who the frank is in charge over there? a damn 7 year old?