Thought for Shipyard TDM. lose No Mans Land

mr_sim

So the lost shipyard Team death match on my server is becoming a GS shootout. Basically on side digs in their GS and bombers and gets a shooting gallery against the other team. Yes there are strategies against this but they aren't too good.

I have a possible fix however. Simply put a massive asteroid Dead Center of the map. This will generate fire lanes that will limit it so one GS isn't supported by many others. Ideally GS would have to move deeper into the map to engage. This would also split them up preventing overwhelming mutual support in just one area and require pockets of support in many areas, just as Mesas TDM is.

Just a though for 2.7.

So the lost shipyard Team death match on my server is becoming a GS shootout. Basically on side digs in their GS and bombers and gets a shooting gallery against the other team. Yes there are strategies against this but they aren't too good.

I have a possible fix however. Simply put a massive asteroid Dead Center of the map. This will generate fire lanes that will limit it so one GS isn't supported by many others. Ideally GS would have to move deeper into the map to engage. This would also split them up preventing overwhelming mutual support in just one area and require pockets of support in many areas, just as Mesas TDM is.

Just a though for 2.7.

I'm on JC too and I saw that tonight. It was largely very unfun to fight a team comprised mainly of GS & bombers with just enough strikers/scouts to harass any enemy strikes/scouts that attempted to take out the GS/bombers.

I agree that map needs a lot more cover so there isn't this one single kill zone.